Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

Because of the myth of the conservative voter staying at home in 2012.

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

I do not expect him to run, but if he does, he has my full support.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.
More conservatives voted for that moron McCain than Romney...

McCain Beats Romney! | The American Spectator

Conservatives stayed home by the hundreds of thousand... we have president obama again... proof enough.

I've been reading and hearing that Mike Huckabee, is. :dunno:

Why can't our party move FORWARD?!?

Huckabee is a nice guy as I'm sure Romney is but their time in the spotlight has passed. As I've said over & over, we need new blood and conservative ideals taking over.

It's 'conservative ideas' that's costing you elections

No, whats losing elections is the media lies that all republicans are far right loons. The vast majority of republicans are centrist or center right.

The dems and their state controlled media have been very effective in spreading the lies.

Wasn't the Prime Directive for Conservatives to defeat Obama in 2012? Weren't they more concerned about a second term for Obama than anything else?

If that's the case, why did they sit on their hands and let Romney take the fall? Why didn't they flock to the ballot box in unprecedented numbers and pull that (R) lever just to rid the Oval Office of the hated Obama? Why didn't they elect Romney if Obama was such a threat?
Is this a game, hyperbole, sarcasm, or some hybrid of the afore mentioned?

I just explained it.
Actually you explained that Romney was presented as a bigger threat than Obama. And if Romney was a greater threat, running an arch Conservative will chase more than the moderate Republicans away, it will chase the Independents away like poison.

Conservatives failed to man up and pull Romney's lever because they thought he was too Liberal while giving Obama a second term. This begs the question: are Conservatives too bound to their narrow ideology for their own good? The litmus test passing, for real, God Guns and Glory Conservatives are too few in number and hold such an unflinching, rock ribbed outlook that they could never accept anything less than perfection in their candidates. But that level of ideological perfection coms with a price: it's hard to get the rest of America on board with extremism.
I did not explain that Romney was a BIGGER THREAT THAN obama. If this is the way this conversation is going to go then I'm done.

I guess all liberals are just naturally sarcastic and full of hyperbole once you get them out of a situation where they have to behave themselves.

An ARCH CONSERVATIVE is what this country is looking for and needs right now. People are getting sick to their stomachs of an ever growing, ever more powerful, ever more intrusive, ever more over reaching, ever more restricting and regulatory government. People want a back up, a reset, a path away from radical liberalism run amok and five years of obama his minions of filthy henchmen like dingy harry and that crooked asshole eric holder, and brain dead ditzes like pelosi.

Last edited:

I just explained it.
Actually you explained that Romney was presented as a bigger threat than Obama. And if Romney was a greater threat, running an arch Conservative will chase more than the moderate Republicans away, it will chase the Independents away like poison.

Conservatives failed to man up and pull Romney's lever because they thought he was too Liberal while giving Obama a second term. This begs the question: are Conservatives too bound to their narrow ideology for their own good? The litmus test passing, for real, God Guns and Glory Conservatives are too few in number and hold such an unflinching, rock ribbed outlook that they could never accept anything less than perfection in their candidates. But that level of ideological perfection coms with a price: it's hard to get the rest of America on board with extremism.
I did not explain that Romney was a BIGGER THREAT THAN obama. If this is the way this conversation is going to go then I'm done.

I guess all liberals are just naturally sarcastic and full of hyperbole once you get them out of a situation where they have to behave themselves.

An ARCH CONSERVATIVE is what this country is looking for and needs right now. People are getting sick to their stomachs of an ever growing, ever more powerful, ever more intrusive, ever more over reaching, ever more restricting and regulatory government. People want a back up, a reset, a path away from radical liberalism run amok.

who is your candidate?

I wonder what all the above posters consider a "conservative" candidate. IMO, Cruz and Paul are radicals/reactionaries and want to lead the nation into something it has never been; a nation with a callous disregard for its citizens, isolationist on foreign affairs and ideological rather than pragmatic. Most of the 'conservatives' applauded above would be terrible stewards of our environment, our infrastructure and our children.

The only viable (electable) candidate in the Republican Party is Jon Huntsman; even the party leadership has decided to have fewer debates and to nominate the R standard bearer by the end of June or the beginning of July in he hope that they don't repeat the circus of 2012.

I dismiss Jeb Bush based primarily on the record of his brother and Huckabee for his ability to put his foot deep down his throat and lack of any foreign policy experience - of course only Huntsman has such credentials.

If smart, and I don't see that as an attribute of the conservative base, the R's would look to the Gov. of New Mexico, Susana Martinez (native born Texan) on the ticket as VP and the Governor of Ohio, John Kasich for the top.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

I don't know, he got so close last time and he has money to burn. It's a little scary to think about him in the White House but it was scarier with Bush. I just don't want a Republican in there in 2016.

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.
More conservatives voted for that moron McCain than Romney...

McCain Beats Romney! | The American Spectator

Conservatives stayed home by the hundreds of thousand... we have president obama again... proof enough.

You didn't read enough into that article and stop when they said votes are still coming in. Romney ended up with a million more votes than McCain received.

I wonder what all the above posters consider a "conservative" candidate. IMO, Cruz and Paul are radicals/reactionaries and want to lead the nation into something it has never been; a nation with a callous disregard for its citizens, isolationist on foreign affairs and ideological rather than pragmatic. Most of the 'conservatives' applauded above would be terrible stewards of our environment, our infrastructure and our children.

The only viable (electable) candidate in the Republican Party is Jon Huntsman; even the party leadership has decided to have fewer debates and to nominate the R standard bearer by the end of June or the beginning of July in he hope that they don't repeat the circus of 2012.

I dismiss Jeb Bush based primarily on the record of his brother and Huckabee for his ability to put his foot deep down his throat and lack of any foreign policy experience - of course only Huntsman has such credentials.

If smart, and I don't see that as an attribute of the conservative base, the R's would look to the Gov. of New Mexico, Susana Martinez (native born Texan) on the ticket as VP and the Governor of Ohio, John Kasich for the top.

I like Kasich and Martinez. I like Jeb but I don't give him much chance because of his last name, but he does have a hispanic wife----------

You are buying the media lies on Cruz and Paul. They are both honest constitutionalists and patriots. Unlike the current resident of the whitehouse.

The reason Romney has gained more popularity is that all but the brain dead now realize how bad they fucked up with Obama - they are nostalgic for the time when they could have voted for Mitt!

As the suburbs become less white, they've started voting for more Democrats.

You keep saying that republicans need the moderate vote to win because that fallacy ensures liberals win. I understand why you liberals push it.

Sorry, I'm not buying it, and I know better.

The repubs run another moderate like Romney, and they can plan on losing another presidential election.

It's that simple.

You keep saying that there are a bunch of conservatives sitting out elections but haven't proven it. Link?

I'm not surprised you believe this, based on you starting a thread before the 2012 election showing Romney winning an internet poll by a 2-1 margin.

Were you in a coma during the 2012 election? Conservatives in large numbers did not vote or voted for a losing 3rd party candidate. THEY elected obama.

3rd party candidates received less than 2% of the votes. Prove that conservatives in large numbers did not vote.

Why can't our party move FORWARD?!?

Huckabee is a nice guy as I'm sure Romney is but their time in the spotlight has passed. As I've said over & over, we need new blood and conservative ideals taking over.

No, whats losing elections is the media lies that all republicans are far right loons. The vast majority of republicans are centrist or center right.

The dems and their state controlled media have been very effective in spreading the lies.
scapegoating is an uniformed loser's defense. Got a message worth hearing? Hire the right political operatives and nominate the best candidate. Stop blaming others for your party's faults.

scapegoating is an uniformed loser's defense. Got a message worth hearing? Hire the right political operatives and nominate the best candidate. Stop blaming others for your party's faults.

I will say that the dems have been better at messaging than the GOP, But it is also fact that its much easier to get your message out when the media is on your side.

Were you in a coma during the 2012 election? Conservatives in large numbers did not vote or voted for a losing 3rd party candidate. THEY elected obama.

3rd party candidates received less than 2% of the votes. Prove that conservatives in large numbers did not vote.

the post election polls proved it, go look it up. I am not here to be your teacher.

I will say that the dems have been better at messaging than the GOP, But it is also fact that its much easier to get your message out when the media is on your side.

:thup:

The Mighty Fox...3 million viewers.
Conservative Talk Radio....Supposedly 20+ million listeners.
What's your complaint based on?

I just explained it.

An ARCH CONSERVATIVE is what this country is looking for and needs right now. People are getting sick to their stomachs of an ever growing, ever more powerful, ever more intrusive, ever more over reaching, ever more restricting and regulatory government. People want a back up, a reset, a path away from radical liberalism run amok and five years of obama his minions of filthy henchmen like dingy harry and that crooked asshole eric holder, and brain dead ditzes like pelosi.
You said Romney was too moderate to garner Conservative support. And that those Conservatives could not find it in their hearts to vote for Romney even if it meant a second term for Obama. What's that tell us about Conservatives? They will reject a Republican because he is not ideologically perfect and then take a second Obama term in the bargain?

You want ideological perfection. Fine. But don't expect anything like a victory at the end of the day. There are more moderates and Liberals in the voting public than rock ribbed Conservatives. If you think bringing the Bad Ass is a winning proposition, dig up the bones of Barry Goldwater and see how that all worked out for him.

the post election polls proved it, go look it up. I am not here to be your teacher.

You just made that up as no, the post election polls didn't show that. Romney got crushed in the moderate vote and that's why he lost.

And nobody is here to be a teacher but you do have to back up your claims, or made up stories in your case.

You said Romney was too moderate to garner Conservative support. And that those Conservatives could not find it in their hearts to vote for Romney even if it meant a second term for Obama. What's that tell us about Conservatives? They will reject a Republican because he is not ideologically perfect and then take a second Obama term in the bargain?

You want ideological perfection. Fine. But don't expect anything like a victory at the end of the day. There are more moderates and Liberals in the voting public than rock ribbed Conservatives. If you think bringing the Bad Ass is a winning proposition, dig up the bones of Barry Goldwater and see how that all worked out for him.

Why didn't the Conservative come out to Primary a Conservative?

Yeah. Those poor repressed and silenced Conservatives. If only some media outlet would help get their message out. Fox, internet services like Newsmax, talk radio just don't seem to be able to get the job done. If only they would comply with Conservative demands rather than pander to the Liberals and the Obama administration! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back