Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

This is one of the more stupid votes of the year.

"You keep saying that republicans need the moderate vote to win because that fallacy ensures liberals win."

His error is not one of intellect but one of self-belief in an untruth.

The truth is: the GOP cannot win without the moderate vote, which a far right candidate cannot get.

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, Bush the Elder, and Bush the Younger won the presidency because of the moderate vote, not the far right vote.

This will always be so.

Bush the Younger won the first term, the war, and the second term on a campaign of pure propaganda. I think that pretty much breaks precedence. I don't know what it means but I am sure it means something.

I've been reading and hearing that Mike Huckabee, is. :dunno:

Why can't our party move FORWARD?!?

Huckabee is a nice guy as I'm sure Romney is but their time in the spotlight has passed. As I've said over & over, we need new blood and conservative ideals taking over.

It's 'conservative ideas' that's costing you elections

Sure. Because people are so opposed to a balanced budget, lower taxes, and protecting their constitutional rights.

Why can't our party move FORWARD?!?

Huckabee is a nice guy as I'm sure Romney is but their time in the spotlight has passed. As I've said over & over, we need new blood and conservative ideals taking over.

It's 'conservative ideas' that's costing you elections

Sure. Because people are so opposed to a balanced budget, lower taxes, and protecting their constitutional rights.
Those are the noble goals of Conservatism. But the nasty habit of Conservatives is telling folks how they want to rid government interference from their lives on one hand, then telling them how to live their lives on the other.

Ditch the wedge issues! Drop opposition to marriage equality. That ship is being guided out of the harbor and will be under full steam by 2016. Make real immigration reform happen in this session of congress. You won't get the demographic you'll need (Hispanics) in 2016 if you continue to criminalize being brown. Stop making stupid claims about women and their gynecological abilities. It makes you look stupid and stupid (with the exception of Bush 43) never wins.

You can balance the budget and lower taxes without the Bad Ass aspect that pollutes Conservative ideology.

He has less of a chance of winning this time than he did last time, regardless of what some pointless, far too early poll says.

He can't change his spots. He's a moderate, so he didn't have, and he won't have, the support of conservatives. Without that NO republican will win the white house.

The republicans want to see how fast they can hand the white house to another dem, run another moderate.

Republicans need to get away from this running prior losers bit. They need to wise up and run a fresh face that's a true conservative. The white house would be guaranteed.
I think you've got it backwards. The numbers don't lie. The really zealous Right Wing of the Republican Party is the tail wagging the dog. Hyper-Conservatism is not an ideology that appeals in the general election. Zealots vote in primaries and thus nominate the candidates. But when those candidates bring all the ideological baggage into November, the majority of voters will reject him.

Conservatives in the Republican Party must make one of two choices: man up and compromise in the great American political tradition or form a third party and take your chances. Putting an arch Conservative on the ticket in 2016 will indeed result in a Democrat landslide.
I don't have it backwards, or we'd be saying "President Romney" right now instead of president obama.

Romney took a clean sweep of the moderate vote and conservatives stayed home.

Republicans either learn from that or keep ceding the white house to a dem. If they just can't get it, then a third party will have to be formed. Let the GOP die.

No, he's got it right. The majority of Reps won't support an extreme right-wing like Huckabee, Ted Cruz. That's why Romney won the candidacy, because he wasn't too, too Tea Party like the others. He tried to act like he was, but he was wishy-washy on TP policies...also, the religious right, wasn't too thrilled with a Mormon.

I could see Romney being an interesting VP pick way more realistically than a 3rd presidential run on his part.

Kind of like a wise grandpa putting his two cents in and being a source of consulting to GOP's presidential candidate. Romney would be less in the public eye as a VP, which would be better for everyone probably since Romney is admittedly a bit stiff in public and the mainstream media loves crucifying him

But I don't think Romney is bold enough to be good as a VP on a Paul or Cruz type of ticket. I think a candidate like that is what, we conservatives as a group, will elect to be our nominee

Last edited:
I understand that there is a new documentary about Romney, made by a fellow Mormon, that will show him in a totally different light and perhaps give him another shot at the Presidency. The documentary was shown at the Sundance Festival.

its under comedy i heard.

Mitts the moderate milk toast of the list

so yea, he would get the nom if he ran

Idk why people ridicule Jake for not being a rep when he's a mod like Mitt. They make of the majority of the gop and are why it failed.

Idk why people ridicule Jake for not being a rep when he's a mod like Mitt. They make of the majority of the gop and are why it failed.

You got it backward....they're the ones that are keeping your party breathing.....:) The reason you lose is because many of the extremists probably didn't vote for Romney.

You got it backward....they're the ones that are keeping your party breathing.....:) The reason you lose is because many of the extremists probably didn't vote for Romney.

No I don't

the gop has the same stances the dnc held 15-20 years ago.

They are as anti-freedom and yall are.

The gop failed to hold you guys off, so they joined you. constantly falling for the compromise bullshit you passed on to them.

dems; Give us what we want or your racist!
reps; Fine, we will give you half, just don't be mean to us.
dems; Ok

a year goes by

Dems; give us the rest and then some or your racist

with the media in your pocket, yall get away with this shit constantly

Last edited:

Forum List

Back