Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

scapegoating is an uniformed loser's defense. Got a message worth hearing? Hire the right political operatives and nominate the best candidate. Stop blaming others for your party's faults.

I will say that the dems have been better at messaging than the GOP, But it is also fact that its much easier to get your message out when the media is on your side.

The Mighty Fox...3 million viewers.
Conservative Talk Radio....Supposedly 20+ million listeners.
What's your complaint based on?

That vs. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NY times, Wash Post, Hollywood, the music industry.

The dem/libs controls the vast majority of media messaging. It may never change and we may end up with single party control of the country, we may become a large version of Greece. I guess thats what you libs want, because thats what you support.

I did not explain that Romney was a BIGGER THREAT THAN obama. If this is the way this conversation is going to go then I'm done.

I guess all liberals are just naturally sarcastic and full of hyperbole once you get them out of a situation where they have to behave themselves.

An ARCH CONSERVATIVE is what this country is looking for and needs right now. People are getting sick to their stomachs of an ever growing, ever more powerful, ever more intrusive, ever more over reaching, ever more restricting and regulatory government. People want a back up, a reset, a path away from radical liberalism run amok and five years of obama his minions of filthy henchmen like dingy harry and that crooked asshole eric holder, and brain dead ditzes like pelosi.
You said Romney was too moderate to garner Conservative support. And that those Conservatives could not find it in their hearts to vote for Romney even if it meant a second term for Obama. What's that tell us about Conservatives? They will reject a Republican because he is not ideologically perfect and then take a second Obama term in the bargain?

You want ideological perfection. Fine. But don't expect anything like a victory at the end of the day. There are more moderates and Liberals in the voting public than rock ribbed Conservatives. If you think bringing the Bad Ass is a winning proposition, dig up the bones of Barry Goldwater and see how that all worked out for him.

Why didn't the Conservative come out to Primary a Conservative?
Exactly! What happened to Rick Santorum or Rick Perry or Michelle Bachman or Herman Cain? Don't tell me that none of these folks had sufficient Conservative bona fides.

Conservatism as recognized in America today appeals to a deep, but narrow segment of the electorate. The noise they make about their ideology creates a din through which they cannot hear the voices of the electorate. Those voices are drowned out by all the cheering from the Tea Party.

scapegoating is an uniformed loser's defense. Got a message worth hearing? Hire the right political operatives and nominate the best candidate. Stop blaming others for your party's faults.

I will say that the dems have been better at messaging than the GOP, But it is also fact that its much easier to get your message out when the media is on your side.
Yeah. Those poor repressed and silenced Conservatives. If only some media outlet would help get their message out. Fox, internet services like Newsmax, talk radio just don't seem to be able to get the job done. If only they would comply with Conservative demands rather than pander to the Liberals and the Obama administration! :cuckoo:

The media should report, not indoctrinate. The media should give all sides an equal voice.

I know why you libs fight that, because deep down inside you know that when both sides are given equal time, you will always lose, because liberalism is a failed ideology, but yet, in your ignorance you continue to demand that the govt treat you as a slave.

its really amazing.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I did not explain that Romney was a BIGGER THREAT THAN obama. If this is the way this conversation is going to go then I'm done.

I guess all liberals are just naturally sarcastic and full of hyperbole once you get them out of a situation where they have to behave themselves.

An ARCH CONSERVATIVE is what this country is looking for and needs right now. People are getting sick to their stomachs of an ever growing, ever more powerful, ever more intrusive, ever more over reaching, ever more restricting and regulatory government. People want a back up, a reset, a path away from radical liberalism run amok and five years of obama his minions of filthy henchmen like dingy harry and that crooked asshole eric holder, and brain dead ditzes like pelosi.
You said Romney was too moderate to garner Conservative support. And that those Conservatives could not find it in their hearts to vote for Romney even if it meant a second term for Obama. What's that tell us about Conservatives? They will reject a Republican because he is not ideologically perfect and then take a second Obama term in the bargain?

You want ideological perfection. Fine. But don't expect anything like a victory at the end of the day. There are more moderates and Liberals in the voting public than rock ribbed Conservatives. If you think bringing the Bad Ass is a winning proposition, dig up the bones of Barry Goldwater and see how that all worked out for him.

because they fell for the lie that a true conservative cannot win.

How many excuses do you have in that bag?

How many excuses do you have in that bag?

stating facts is not making excuses.

Do you have a list of excuses for obama's failures? Oh I know
1. bush did it
2. because he's half black
3. racism
4. GOP obstructionism
5. bush did it
6. Limbaugh did it
7. Hannity did it
8. Coulter did it
9. Putin is KGB
10. an evil video

I'm sure you have more, feel free to add to the list.

If you say so. But the truth is Conservatives would rather reject any Republican and take Obama in the bargain. Your rabid politics have bound you up so tight that, given a slate of four Conservatives (Santorum, Bachman, Cain and Perry) you could not support any of them because each of them had some ideological flaw you could not accept. So you got Romney. And you found him flawed too. So you got a second term for Obama. And so you lost everything in a relentless pursuit of purity.

then the scapegoating begins. Blame the media (it's always been a convenient whipping boy). Blame Moderates because you see them as uncommitted to the cause of real Conservatism. There's plenty of blame to pass around.

But passing the blame does not address the real problem. Never has, never will.

I wonder what all the above posters consider a "conservative" candidate. IMO, Cruz and Paul are radicals/reactionaries and want to lead the nation into something it has never been; a nation with a callous disregard for its citizens, isolationist on foreign affairs and ideological rather than pragmatic. Most of the 'conservatives' applauded above would be terrible stewards of our environment, our infrastructure and our children.

The only viable (electable) candidate in the Republican Party is Jon Huntsman; even the party leadership has decided to have fewer debates and to nominate the R standard bearer by the end of June or the beginning of July in he hope that they don't repeat the circus of 2012.

I dismiss Jeb Bush based primarily on the record of his brother and Huckabee for his ability to put his foot deep down his throat and lack of any foreign policy experience - of course only Huntsman has such credentials.

If smart, and I don't see that as an attribute of the conservative base, the R's would look to the Gov. of New Mexico, Susana Martinez (native born Texan) on the ticket as VP and the Governor of Ohio, John Kasich for the top.

I like Kasich and Martinez. I like Jeb but I don't give him much chance because of his last name, but he does have a hispanic wife----------

You are buying the media lies on Cruz and Paul. They are both honest constitutionalists and patriots. Unlike the current resident of the whitehouse.

I don't "buy" anything from the media, I listen and watch the primary sources, in this case the speeches of Cruz and Paul. The are not conservatives, nothing they advocate is conservative, all of it is radical and much of it would take us back to the Gilded Age.

Cruz may seem too far right at the moment but that can be fixed up nicely by 2016 to be presentable to the mainstream conservatives. He can also throw code words out to the more extreme elements of the party just to let them know he is still on their side. Cruz is also working to grease the skids so the money can pour into the candidates this midterm, candidate who will do whatever it takes, whatever they can, to smear the Democratic party. Given the role of the Congressmen coming in or returning having a far right position might be the most beneficial to the party for two years from now. They could make more noise against Obama's administration than moderates could. The midterms will be financed by the Houston Money Machine which Cruz happens to be sitting on top of. His funds will be more than plentiful. Despite what some here might argue the economy will be clearly heading for humming along by 2016. This makes fiscal candidates, Romney and Ryan, liabilities to the economy and unrunnable. International matters will become prominent and Cruz will push for isolationist policies. The higher middle-class wealth will give all those kids money to try out the latest fashions which will scare the suburban moms and, like Bush did in 2004, the Cruz campaign will go after the 'soccer mom' for the lose of values in the country. Wry Catcher is probably right about the VP pick. For the Democrats Clinton will not get the nomination due to 'we did that once, lets not start all over' which will give the nomination to Warren. Cruz will attack her as a New England liberal who wants to kill the golden goose and give the country to the UN. Warren will triumph over Cruz in November with her ironclad principles, her ability to use Cruz's money machine against him, and being the woman's choice, especially after so many of them saw their lives shattered when their family lost their home. Democratic VP? John Kerry? Two from Massachusetts might be problematic but an extremely strong ticket nonetheless.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

I can think of 47 reasons that it certainly could be!

This is one of the more stupid votes of the year.

"You keep saying that republicans need the moderate vote to win because that fallacy ensures liberals win."

His error is not one of intellect but one of self-belief in an untruth.

The truth is: the GOP cannot win without the moderate vote, which a far right candidate cannot get.

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, Bush the Elder, and Bush the Younger won the presidency because of the moderate vote, not the far right vote.

This will always be so.

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

I do not expect him to run, but if he does, he has my full support.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.

Were you in a coma during the 2012 election? Conservatives in large numbers did not vote or voted for a losing 3rd party candidate. THEY elected obama.

Hogwash and already answered above.

We're still 9 months away from the mid-terms and people are polling New Hampshire for '16. It's way to far in the future.

That said, I think the Republican's best candidate (barring an unknown coming to the surface), is Scott Walker. The guy has the guts to do what's necessary, and he's been wildly successful in one of the most liberal states in the country, Wisconsin.

I agree. Paul Ryan or Ted Cruz. Both are familiar faces and both are popular amongst the conservative base. Guaranteed that if either Ryan or Cruz gets the nomination for 2016, conservatives will not be staying home on election night.

I agree ( bolded ).....but, will the independents? :dunno:
Ted Cruz / Rand Paul, or Rand Paul / Ted Cruz... either way... dream ticket. Conservatives would turn out like never before. The White House would be a cake walk.

You've got to be kidding.

Either that or you're truly a blind partisan hack.

Democrats, moderates, and independents elect presidents, not conservatives.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBswEM9TfBQ]Laughter! - YouTube[/ame]

Because of the myth of the conservative voter staying at home in 2012.

its not a myth, stay-at-home conservatives elected obama twice. Did they learn anything? who knows.

But Romney would be a great president. He understands how to make an organization work, he is a good person, he loves this country.

I do not expect him to run, but if he does, he has my full support.

Sorry, nobody has yet proven that all of these conservatives have stayed at home. Until they do, it is a myth.

True.

And even if every conservative turned out to vote, they alone couldn't elect a Republican president.

The reason Romney has gained more popularity is that all but the brain dead now realize how bad they fucked up with Obama - they are nostalgic for the time when they could have voted for Mitt!

Yeah, that's it... (God, wingnutty teapartiers are delusional) :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back