Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner

I would say there is are also four outside factors; economy, global alliances/agreements, national security, and social trends. Not necessarily in that order. I expect there to be major swings in at least two of these. Can't say which.
The elections will be determined by the economy. Any other factor depends on world events. Another terror attack like September 11? That would contribute to tipping the election. But, if that does not happen (my lips to God's ear), social issues will chase voters away in droves. Wedge issues might be brought up, but only by a hyper Conservative candidate (see Rick Santorum). These are losing issues used only to drum up support among those with that color glasses coloring their outlook.

You mean like people wanting to elect another Santa Claus because they've given up on trying to find a job so they just want hand outs from the government?

Last edited:
I agree ( bolded ).....but, will the independents? :dunno:
Ted Cruz / Rand Paul, or Rand Paul / Ted Cruz... either way... dream ticket. Conservatives would turn out like never before. The White House would be a cake walk.

If that "dream ticket" happens we could bet real money on this.

Like 10K.

:cool:

I know... you're leftard brain can't fathom it.

Fortunately the conservative mind can. All you have to do is step outside the city into the country where I live and opinions change dramatically, and no one is going to win a presidential election without this country vote, which is MAJORITY conservative.

The republican nominee MUST be conservative, or he/she won't win, it's that simple.

Christie, forget it.
Romney, forget it.
Any moderate, forget it.

The GOP better get that straight, or kiss the white house goodbye.

Last edited:
Fox News has been pimping Romney all damn morning.

Sigh

I DO know he would create jobs! He has the experience but the guy just doesn't have the passion in him to excite the voters, or in debates, to win them over. Just as last time.

This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:
I'm pulling for Palin.

Ted Cruz / Rand Paul, or Rand Paul / Ted Cruz... either way... dream ticket. Conservatives would turn out like never before. The White House would be a cake walk.

Like 10K.

Fortunately the conservative mind can. All you have to do is step outside the city into the country where I live and opinions change dramatically, and no one is going to win a presidential election without this country vote, which is MAJORITY conservative.

The republican nominee MUST be conservative, or he/she won't win, it's that simple.

Christie, forget it.
Romney, forget it.
Any moderate, forget it.

80.7% of the country lives in an urban area and that number is growing. Sorry, nobody is courting the country vote to win a presidential election.

Like 10K.

Christie, forget it.
Romney, forget it.
Any moderate, forget it.

There's no way, nadda, zip, zilch, buptkis way Cruz, Paul or Ryan would get a Majority of Americans to vote for them.

The only way to win for them? Is doing something like what Bush did in 2000.

Conservatives simply do not have the numbers to win the Presidency.

I would say there is are also four outside factors; economy, global alliances/agreements, national security, and social trends. Not necessarily in that order. I expect there to be major swings in at least two of these. Can't say which.
The elections will be determined by the economy. Any other factor depends on world events. Another terror attack like September 11? That would contribute to tipping the election. But, if that does not happen (my lips to God's ear), social issues will chase voters away in droves. Wedge issues might be brought up, but only by a hyper Conservative candidate (see Rick Santorum). These are losing issues used only to drum up support among those with that color glasses coloring their outlook.

You mean like people wanting to elect another Santa Claus because they've given up on trying to find a job so they just want hand outs from the government?

I understand that that is the outlook championed by the far Right. But folks who need benefits through no fault of their own find it hard to call themselves loafers when they are trying so hard. It's just as hard for them to think that way as it is easy to sit back with a paycheck and snipe at those less fortunate.

Run Mitt!

JK, I love Mitt (I know he's not perfect) but he can help out doing other things, and I'd like him to be more of a social commentator on young blood in the conservative party

I agree. Paul Ryan or Ted Cruz. Both are familiar faces and both are popular amongst the conservative base. Guaranteed that if either Ryan or Cruz gets the nomination for 2016, conservatives will not be staying home on election night.

Neither has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a general election.
I tend to disagree. George W. Bush was a Conservative, and he won, twice. Conservatives got their vote out. Put Romney in there, and you will have a lot of rural and Evangelical conservatives staying home. Conservatives will not vote for a closet democrat.

Although I admit, Bush was governor of Texas which pulls a lot of weight.

Please explain how GW, in practice, was a Conservative.

Like 10K.

Christie, forget it.
Romney, forget it.
Any moderate, forget it.

80.7% of the country lives in an urban area and that number is growing. Sorry, nobody is courting the country vote to win a presidential election.
Prove it.

Yeah they didn't think about the conservative vote last time either, and we know how that worked out.

President obama.

Last edited:
This is not an "Onion" story.

Mitt Romney leads the Republican field among New Hampshire primary voters for 2016. Yes, you read that right.
Related Stories

Why not make it a third run for president? That's something that the former Republican nominee is definitely not thinking about right now. To put it in his own recent words: "Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no."

But that didn't stop the Virginia-based bipartisan policy firm Purple Strategies from adding his name to a recent survey for Granite State voters, which shows Romney in the lead with 25 percent support. Libertarian firebrand Rand Paul (who has strong infrastructure in New Hampshire) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie are behind with 18 percent and 17 percent support, respectively.
Mitt Romney Is the 2016 Republican Front-Runner - NationalJournal.com

Could Mitten's magic underwear prove that the third time's a charm?

:lol:

This is just name recognition. It means nothing.

Why is this board being inundated with popularity polls three years before the next election? Have you not yet learned the rubes only remember shit from less than a week ago?

No one is going to stoke the Mitt Romney fires for long.

Last edited:
Fox News has been pimping Romney all damn morning.

Sigh

I DO know he would create jobs! He has the experience but the guy just doesn't have the passion in him to excite the voters, or in debates, to win them over. Just as last time.

He would create jobs...
In Ireland, India, China, Singapore, Vietnam, etc...
He DID say during his last campaign that the jobs WEREN'T coming back; THAT was his appeal to Conservatives.

Christie, forget it.
Romney, forget it.
Any moderate, forget it.

Prove it.

Yeah they didn't think about the conservative vote last time either, and we know how that worked out.

More Americans move to cities in past decade-Census | Reuters

They did think about the conservative vote in 2012. 25% of the voters self identified as liberal, Obama won 86% of this vote. 40% of the voters self identified as moderate, Obama won 56% of this vote. 35% of the voters self identified as conservative, Romney won 82% of this vote. There just aren't as many conservatives out there as conservatives think there are.

GWB was no conservative.

I like Romney better now then I did back in 2012. I don't think we need a moderate or a conservative to win. We need a leader, a Reagan. I like the fact that Romney has a bi-racial family, just like mine. I like the fact that he didn't try to tear down Obama after the election. I liked how he handled the pure unadulterated smear the left put onto his wife with MS.

Unfortunately he is too good of man for the left wing to embrace.

I understand that that is the outlook championed by the far Right. But folks who need benefits through no fault of their own find it hard to call themselves loafers when they are trying so hard. It's just as hard for them to think that way as it is easy to sit back with a paycheck and snipe at those less fortunate.
I didn't call them loafers or lazy, I said have "given up on trying to find a job."

I'd put the blame for that situation squarely on the shoulders of obama and the democrat party. They know what they're doing, they're creating democrat voters, because they've enslaved them to government handouts, and they're the ones promising them the handouts.

Forum List

Back