MLB All-Star Game yanked from Georgia over voting law

Major league baseball shot itself in the head with this woke move.
Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.
boring and it's overly long season.

Yeah politicizing an ENTERTAINMENT venue is a stupid decision.

Now I just found a reason to stop watching the games, which was for Entertainment fun and something to relax with, now I have to put up with politics there, forget it!

:cuckoo:

Well I guess the MLB season is over since you aren't going to watch anymore.

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.
I don't know. You would need to ask New Yorkers who have had the EXACT same law on the books for years.
Other states too.
But I get it - you can't virtue signal when the home state is one of your own.
Can you actually show us the parts of Georgia
Election law that is claimed by you to be EXACTLY THE SAME as New York Election law?

Have you actually compared the two states election law?

Or are you just repeating something your right wing media is pushing?

Or are you saying just one single part of NY election law and Georgia election law???

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.

Actually, Branch Rickey was a conservative Republican.

The leftists were the ones that opposed breaking the color barrier.

Actually it was white, conservatives that opposed breaking the color barrier.

The lies come pouring in, it was a Republican Branch Rickey who went out of his way to break the Color barrier, Jackie Robinson was a lifelong Republican too, he says so in his own book.

The Jackie Robinson Republicans

Stop lying!

The case has already been made, if it was such a great law why would folks be protesting it genius?
Because ANY attempts to inhibit voter fraud will be opposed....duh! Your question is dim witted.
There was no voter fraud in Georgia's presidential election, so what voter fraud are these newly created laws going to stop or inhibit? Care to explain?

I don't know. You would need to ask New Yorkers who have had the EXACT same law on the books for years.
Other states too.
But I get it - you can't virtue signal when the home state is one of your own.
Can you actually show us the parts of Georgia
Election law that is claimed by you to be EXACTLY THE SAME as New York Election law?

Have you actually compared the two states election law?

Or are you just repeating something your right wing media is pushing?

Or are you saying just one single part of NY election law and Georgia election law???

Regardless of the merits or demerits of the Georgia bill, the facts are that the matter was highly contested. Is it really a smart idea for a business like MLB to take a partisan political stand and tell millions of fans to "fuck off"?

Major league baseball shot itself in the head with this woke move.
Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.
boring and it's overly long season.

Yeah politicizing an ENTERTAINMENT venue is a stupid decision.

Now I just found a reason to stop watching the games, which was for Entertainment fun and something to relax with, now I have to put up with politics there, forget it!

:cuckoo:

Well I guess the MLB season is over since you aren't going to watch anymore.

Don't be an ass, it is clear you are a supporter of politicizing areas of life that have nothing to do with politics, you sir are not a true American!

There was no voter fraud in Georgia's presidential election, so what voter fraud are these newly created laws going to stop or inhibit? Care to explain?
Right after you explain the Georgia state legislature fixing laws that you seem to think were perfect as is.

And your claim about no voter fraud in Georgia? Absurd. Voter Fraud: 1,000 Cases of 'Double-Voting' Found in Georgia

People like you are the reason rational people like me ignore your duplicitous lies.

Last edited:
NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta lost Major League Baseball’s summer All-Star Game on Friday over the league’s objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws that critics — including the CEOs of Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola — have condemned as being too restrictive.

The decision to pull the July 13 game from Atlanta’s Truist Park amounts to the first economic backlash against Georgia for the voting law that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp quickly signed into law March 25.

Kemp has insisted the law’s critics have mischaracterized what it does...

Clearly Baseball wants to go the way of other sports, alienating their fan base, instead of taking care of business...MLB joins the ranks of other businesses in Atlanta such as Delta, and Coca Cola in embrassing the "Woke" culture today, and insulting half the country....Is this a good move? What say you? Should business have a say in legislation that doesn't have anything to do with their business? And what of liberal progressives who were just 5 minutes ago railing against corporations now defending their actions....?

Businesses don't have a say in legislature, per se. But they can decide to do business elsewhere.

I am canceling my season ticket package with the Red Sox. Will save me some serious monies. Baseball is dead to me. It’s only four tickets but I doubt I am the only one who feels that way. MLB lost a customer. I am sure they don’t care. It’s fine.
Multiply your reasoning times hundreds of thousands of people (potentially millions nation wide) and you have bad news for over priced woke major league baseball.
I used to go to Giants baseball games and rising parking fees, ticket prices, concession stands drove me away.
I was seriously considering taking Amtrak to Seattle to watch the Mariners this summer.

Not anymore.

NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta lost Major League Baseball’s summer All-Star Game on Friday over the league’s objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws that critics — including the CEOs of Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola — have condemned as being too restrictive.

The decision to pull the July 13 game from Atlanta’s Truist Park amounts to the first economic backlash against Georgia for the voting law that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp quickly signed into law March 25.

Clearly Baseball wants to go the way of other sports, alienating their fan base, instead of taking care of business...MLB joins the ranks of other businesses in Atlanta such as Delta, and Coca Cola in embrassing the "Woke" culture today, and insulting half the country....Is this a good move? What say you? Should business have a say in legislation that doesn't have anything to do with their business? And what of liberal progressives who were just 5 minutes ago railing against corporations now defending their actions....?

Businesses don't have a say in legislature, per se. But they can decide to do business elsewhere.

Indeed they can.

But it doesn't seem like such a smart idea from a public relations point of view, after they promoted and promised an event to a community to suddenly elect not to have it.

People went through a whole year with no baseball due to the pandemic, alienating legions of fans who have gotten used to not attending already seems to me, to be uber-stupid.

How does one "embrass" things? Inquiring minds want to know.

Typo...But it is embarrasing how these corporations think they can control legislatures...Wouldn't you agree?

Stop making a fool of yourself, their right to vote was never changed by this addition to the law, of which a few states already have similar laws in them.

Go read the bill dumb ass.

Also Jim Crow laws was generated and supported by the Democrats for 100 years.

Yep and they are supported by Republicans today.

I have sir, notice YOU don't make any case.

No the Republicans have not created Jim Crow laws, today Blacks can easily vote, own land, businesses and more that were hard or impossible under Democratic control.
So...you are talking about EXTREME Jim Crow.....but you are ok with making it difficult for minorities to vote. Gotcha.

Stop making a fool of yourself, their right to vote was never changed by this addition to the law, of which a few states already have similar laws in them.

Go read the bill dumb ass.

Also Jim Crow laws was generated and supported by the Democrats for 100 years.

Yep and they are supported by Republicans today.

I have sir, notice YOU don't make any case.

No the Republicans have not created Jim Crow laws, today Blacks can easily vote, own land, businesses and more that were hard or impossible under Democratic control.
So...you are talking about EXTREME Jim Crow.....but you are ok with making it difficult for minorities to vote. Gotcha.

How does the law make it difficult for minorities to vote? It extends early voting to 17 days, and approves a certain amount of 'drop boxes'? Seems to me it makes it easier....

Forum List

Back