MLB All-Star Game yanked from Georgia over voting law

Every time Republicans are successful with voting related legislation, Democrats immediately invoke Jim Crow. Keep in mind that Jim Crow is a legacy of Democrats; yet another reason why the party needs to be renamed.

Every time some lameass tries to peddle this Composition Fallacy I like to point out that if Jim Crow had been a political party thingy, then it would have been just as common in places that were not the South. Then I go, "oopsie" and watch 'em scamper. It's easy being Captain Obvious.

Sad to see that the LPGA is playing in Augusta this weekend. They should know better.

NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta lost Major League Baseball’s summer All-Star Game on Friday over the league’s objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws that critics — including the CEOs of Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola — have condemned as being too restrictive.

The decision to pull the July 13 game from Atlanta’s Truist Park amounts to the first economic backlash against Georgia for the voting law that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp quickly signed into law March 25.

Kemp has insisted the law’s critics have mischaracterized what it does...

Clearly Baseball wants to go the way of other sports, alienating their fan base, instead of taking care of business...MLB joins the ranks of other businesses in Atlanta such as Delta, and Coca Cola in embrassing the "Woke" culture today, and insulting half the country....Is this a good move? What say you? Should business have a say in legislation that doesn't have anything to do with their business? And what of liberal progressives who were just 5 minutes ago railing against corporations now defending their actions....?

Your half of the country are Nazis. I don't give a damn about you people. You are the tyrants who want to cheat because you can't win honestly.

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.

Stop making a fool of yourself, their right to vote was never changed by this addition to the law, of which a few states already have similar laws in them.

Also Jim Crow laws was generated and supported by the Democrats for 100 years.

Those De

Major league baseball shot itself in the head with this woke move.
Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.
boring and it's overly long season.

Yeah politicizing an ENTERTAINMENT venue is a stupid decision.

Now I just found a reason to stop watching the games, which was for Entertainment fun and something to relax with, now I have to put up with politics there, forget it!

:cuckoo:

Ah, then you must have jettisoned baseball back in 1918, when it started trotting in the star Spangled Banner song and dance.

I must say, you're remarkably able for a 120-year-old.

Are you upset that they are actually against Jim Crow 2.0. It was folks like you that were pissed when they integrated baseball, so it is just par for the course.

Actually, Branch Rickey was a conservative Republican.

The leftists were the ones that opposed breaking the color barrier.

Actually it was white, conservatives that opposed breaking the color barrier.

The lies come pouring in, it was a Republican Branch Rickey who went out of his way to break the Color barrier, Jackie Robinson was a lifelong Republican too, he says so in his own book.

The Jackie Robinson Republicans

Stop lying!

You stop lying, many black folks were Republicans in those days why? Abraham Lincoln. Today's conservative republicans are just like conservative democrats of the 50s and 60s. Why do you think most black folks are democrats today.

What in the law is akin to "Jim Crow" to you? I am interested....

For one the dumb shit about you can be arrested for giving someone standing in line something to eat or drink. That is asinine.

The bill gives the state legislature the power to appoint the chair of the State Election Board, a role that was previously filled by the Georgia secretary of state. .

Millions now have a very real reason to ignore the sport other than the fact that it is highly over priced.

Now I just found a reason to stop watching the games, which was for Entertainment fun and something to relax with, now I have to put up with politics there, forget it!

Well I guess the MLB season is over since you aren't going to watch anymore.
I won't watch. Somebody needs to resist this. The old timers knew that businesses , sports leauges etc had more to lose by getting political than they had to gain. Despite that lesson being taught to the NFL , MLB jumps in the water and should not be through a life jacket.
For God's sake I need a photo ID to get vaccinated but not to vote? Does that make any sense? Would the disenfranchized voters be out of luck for vaccination. ? This shit is so fake! Somewhere there are black people in georgia pissed off that the country thinks they lack the wherewithall to get ID! I wonder how many actually don't already have ID?

Well here is another one, the MLB season is over. Everybody go home.

Well I guess the MLB season is over since you aren't going to watch anymore.
just out of curiosity, do you ever type anything that isnt stupid, ignorrant, or ......stupid?

Well that just shows how dumb you are since you dumb ass keeps replying.

For one the dumb shit about you can be arrested for giving someone standing in line something to eat or drink. That is asinine.

The bill gives the state legislature the power to appoint the chair of the State Election Board, a role that was previously filled by the Georgia secretary of state. .
The Georgia Secretary of State, Bill Raffensperger, is a Rino snake. Looks like the state legislature is
on the ball.

I don't know. You would need to ask New Yorkers who have had the EXACT same law on the books for years.
Other states too.
But I get it - you can't virtue signal when the home state is one of your own.
Can you actually show us the parts of Georgia
Election law that is claimed by you to be EXACTLY THE SAME as New York Election law?

Have you actually compared the two states election law?

Or are you just repeating something your right wing media is pushing?

Or are you saying just one single part of NY election law and Georgia election law???

Regardless of the merits or demerits of the Georgia bill, the facts are that the matter was highly contested. Is it really a smart idea for a business like MLB to take a partisan political stand and tell millions of fans to "fuck off"?
Yes, it is okay, for the sake of the country, and everyone's uninhibited right to vote and choose, their leaders..... Not the leader's right to choose their voters...that does not exist as a right.

I don't know. You would need to ask New Yorkers who have had the EXACT same law on the books for years.
Other states too.
Election law that is claimed by you to be EXACTLY THE SAME as New York Election law?

Or are you saying just one single part of NY election law and Georgia election law???

Regardless of the merits or demerits of the Georgia bill, the facts are that the matter was highly contested. Is it really a smart idea for a business like MLB to take a partisan political stand and tell millions of fans to "fuck off"?
Yes, it is okay, for the sake of the country, and everyone's uninhibited right to vote and choose, their leaders..... Not the leader's right to choose their voters...that does not exist as a right.

MLB is being pretty hypocritical here, however.

They are still refusing to remove the Atlanta team from Georgia and move them to Far Left North Caroliina or Virginia.

If they were serious about voting rights, that would be the least they could do.

There was no voter fraud in Georgia's presidential election, so what voter fraud are these newly created laws going to stop or inhibit? Care to explain?
Right after you explain the Georgia state legislature fixing laws that you seem to think were perfect as is.

And your claim about no voter fraud in Georgia? Absurd. Voter Fraud: 1,000 Cases of 'Double-Voting' Found in Georgia

People like you are the reason rational people like me ignore your duplicitous lies.
Duh, that was the primary.... they had problem with mailing ballots out etc...

The secretary of state did not have any in the November election.

Try again. :)

Actually, Branch Rickey was a conservative Republican.

The leftists were the ones that opposed breaking the color barrier.

Actually it was white, conservatives that opposed breaking the color barrier.

The lies come pouring in, it was a Republican Branch Rickey who went out of his way to break the Color barrier, Jackie Robinson was a lifelong Republican too, he says so in his own book.

The Jackie Robinson Republicans

Stop lying!

You stop lying, many black folks were Republicans in those days why? Abraham Lincoln. Today's conservative republicans are just like conservative democrats of the 50s and 60s. Why do you think most black folks are democrats today.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

It s clear you have nothing but babble to offer, I kicked your hypocritical ass over Branch and Robinson, grow up!

===

"...... many black folks were Republicans in those days why? Abraham Lincoln."

Then you finally concede that it was the Republicans who ended Slavery, granted Citizenship and the right to vote to the black people of America all done by Amendments to the Constitutions, the ones your racist democrat party 100% opposed in two of them and 98% opposed on the third one.

Thank you for your unintentional admission.

:laugh:

Your ignorance is hurting you every day, because you are a partisan based twit.

Try again.
You claimed Georgia had NO FRAUD AT ALL!
You lied and now you want to move the goal posts! No dice.
And what happens in the primary has an effect in November.

Stop your lies. You're pathetic. And cast you mind back to the security tape in Fulton County.
The infamous "plumbing problem" video where everyone was sent home due to some bogus
invented plumbing problem but a few workers kept running ballots for Biden through the
Dominion machines for hours when no one else was around.

Stop your sad bs!

Last edited:
Other states too.

MLB is being pretty hypocritical here, however.

They are still refusing to remove the Atlanta team from Georgia and move them to Far Left North Caroliina or Virginia.

If they were serious about voting rights, that would be the least they could do.
They don't want to hurt Georgia, they just want Georgia to stop trying to hurt the minority voters, or a second Jim Crow era... They'd be back in a nano second....

Republicans take a lot of donations from these corporations dissing them now for their nationwide movement to reduce voters that lean democratic or are of color....not just in Georgia....

This is a systematic plan to reduce voting access nationwide, by Republicans.

Try again.
You claimed Georgia had NO FRAUD AT ALL!
You lied and now you want to move the goal posts! No dice.
And what happens in the primary has an effect in November.

Stop your lies. You're pathetic.
In the November election which is used as an excuse.

It had no effect on the primary, the Georgia Secretary of State said so, in your article.

Did he prosecute any of them as he claimed he would, if it did turn out to be fraud for any of the 1000?

Forum List

Back