Money is money!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Money is money! I don't care if a Muslim, Communist, Neo Nazi, Racist, or any other human being bought something from me. Why the hell do people care about it so much? Money is money I don't care whose hands it came from!

Apparently some people do care.

In a free nation, the people should be free to decide whose money they accept. Using government force to force you to take money from someone you do not, means you are not free.

Apparently some people do care.

In a free nation, the people should be free to decide whose money they accept. Using government force to force you to take money from someone you do not, means you are not free.

no, you're still free. It's just the choices you are free to make are different. You are free to serve your customers or not be in that sort of business.

When you are running a business, you are a public accommodation. Society makes allowances for you to have a business. Therefore, you have to accommodate all members of the public who can afford your services, not just the ones your imaginary friend in the sky approves of.

But I'll take it a step further. The people who refuse to bake wedding cakes for Gays are only selectively following their rules.

They should not be baking a cake for people who live together before marriage. They should not be baking a cake for women who wear pants. They should not be baking anything on a Sunday.

I mean, right? If you are going to claim a religious exemption, shouldn't you be following all the rules and not just the ones that validate your bigotry?

There are many people who place their morals or standards or whatever above a blind grab for money.

Obviously.

Was this a trick question?

There are people who place their bigotry and homophobia above a blind grab for money.

Fixed it for you.

Again- the people who are invoking this only selectively follow the rules their "morals" call for.

Give you an example.

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." -- Deuteronomy 22:5

"Women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array." -- 1 Timothy 2:9

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel." -- 1 Peter 3:3

Oddly, I don't see a bunch of bakers refusing service to pant-wearing women who braided hair and jewelry.

Yes and the panti wearers and straights who choose to boycott may affect the business. Can work both ways. Rightfully so.

Forum List

Back