Monster Energy Drink Sued for Death of 19-Year Old

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i can attest Monster Energy is the weakest of all energy drinks...it doesn't actually give you any energy.

Dustin Hood downed 3 1/2, 24-ounce cans of the self-proclaimed buzz drink within a 24-hour period back in 2015. According to the lawsuit, after drinking the last can, he played basketball and collapsed face first on the concrete court. He was rushed to the hospital where he died a short time later.

According to the lawsuit, Dustin died of cardiac arrhythmia ... triggered by a caffeine overload. The suit claims 3 1/2 cans of Monster has the equivalent caffeine content of 14, 12 ounce cans of Coke.

The suit notes others have suffered cardiac arrest following the "acute consumption" of Monster.

i can attest Monster Energy is the weakest of all energy drinks...it doesn't actually give you any energy.

Dustin Hood downed 3 1/2, 24-ounce cans of the self-proclaimed buzz drink within a 24-hour period back in 2015. According to the lawsuit, after drinking the last can, he played basketball and collapsed face first on the concrete court. He was rushed to the hospital where he died a short time later.

According to the lawsuit, Dustin died of cardiac arrhythmia ... triggered by a caffeine overload. The suit claims 3 1/2 cans of Monster has the equivalent caffeine content of 14, 12 ounce cans of Coke.

The suit notes others have suffered cardiac arrest following the "acute consumption" of Monster.

"i can attest Monster Energy is the weakest of all energy drinks...it doesn't actually give you any energy."

I don't think any energy drink gives you energy. I've only ever had two and both times after about 20 minutes I felt like I needed a nap.

Monster didn't tie him down, put a funnel in his mouth, and pour it down his throat. He made a choice to drink it.

• Banned
"I don't think any energy drink gives you energy. I've only ever had two and both times after about 20 minutes I felt like I needed a nap."

red bull makes me stay up all night and pull an all-nighter here at USMB! but i've got lotsa stamina...good genes!

Do them energy drinks even taste any good? I've only had two in my life and they are Red Bull and then a drink named Vault. I don't know if that stuff is still made or not, but it was only just okay. That Red Bull stuff however was nasty!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Monster didn't tie him down, put a funnel in his mouth, and pour it down his throat. He made a choice to drink it.

Amazing! Now I wonder why the NRA is pusing for suppressors. Maybe someone is making people shoot guns and fuck up their hearing?

• Banned
it's not about taste, it's about becoming more energetic and focused.

Amazing! Now I wonder why the NRA is pusing for suppressors. Maybe someone is making people shoot guns and fuck up their hearing?

Those suing are nothing more than pieces of shit placing blame on something that can't drink itself but is somehow responsible as if it can. The kid drank it.

Forum List

Back