Moody's Analytics Throws Cold Water on Republican Hopes

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
I think Moody's is a bit out of whack if they actually think the economy is running smoothly, but there is another year before it has to be judged. That said, the Republicans have the worst set of candidates for such a large bunch. Whoever the Democratic nominee may be should have no problem running any of them down. I also take exception to the electoral vote margin of victory, I don't see that close a race but then I didn't call each stae in the last election.

The Moody’s Analytics presidential election model has accurately predicted every presidential election since 1980. And it indicates a Democrat will win in 2016.

Moody’s newly released analysis for the next election, titled “A Nail-Biter in 2016,” predicts that the Democratic nominee for president will win with exactly 270 votes from the U.S. Electoral College — the minimum amount required to win.

Meanwhile, the Republican nominee is forecast to earn 268 votes.

Moody’s model does not predict which candidate will win, only which political party.

CNN Money notes that Moody’s has a great track record when it comes to such forecasts:

The model correctly predicted every state in the 2012 election and has a nearly 90% success rate in forecasting each state accurately since 1980.

The main underpinning of Moody’s model is not politics but the economy, however, with three economic variables being keys to the election outcome. Read more at the link. Reliable Presidential Election Model Picks 2016 Winner - Yahoo Finance

Forum List

Back