More Americans killed by guns than all the wars we have ever fought

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

Nancy Lanza found this out when her son killed her and two dozen school children in Newtown.

People who drive cras are more likely to die in car accidents. According to your "logic" we should ban cars too.

Yet abortions have killed much, much more, than any guns.
Wars and gun death don't even add up to 2 million?
It says 2,722,991 in all of our wars.
United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
54,559,615 abortions since 1973.
Over 54 and one half million babies were killed in just 40 years.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to bring their pregnancy to term. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, Republicans are pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, the thousands of frozen embryos in fertility labs in this country would have the right to own guns.

So you don't think killing your child is abuse? That's some odd reasoning then.

Meanwhile thinking people should take care of their children is being pro child abuse in your mind.

I highly recommend taking some logic courses.

Selfish gun owners will not listen to reason. If they did we would have much fewer selfish gun owners.

big government progressives wont listen to reason. If they did, we'd have less dead children.

See, I can do it too. mine is just accurate.

More Americans have been killed by guns since 1968, than have been killed in all the wars the United States has ever fought.

1,171,177 killed in all the wars we have ever fought.

1,384,171 killed by guns in the United States since 1968.

PolitiFact | PBS commentator Mark Shields says more killed by guns since '68 than in all U.S. wars

The average is 2/3rds are suicide.

Suicide with a gun, Einstein. People are lazy, even when they just want to kill themselves instead of someone else. So they reach for a gun. Now Timothy McVeigh, there's an inventive, industrious and imaginative killer. Charles Manson, he too stood out from the crowd by manipulating minds rather than bullets and chambers.

So what would happen if we forced the vast majority of these others, the lazy people, to have to do something besides just go out and buy a gun? Hmmmmm.....perhaps lives would be spared.

Sorry that facts don't support anything you believe.

actually the facts fully support me. you cling to lies and misinformation to make a non existent problem seem like a major issue.

Lol, there is nothing you have to support you except for your selfishness. Speaking of non existent problem. You're the one who insists that 12,000 people being shot each year is worth the collateral damage cost so that you can be ready for when the government attacks you. Holy fuck that's funny.

So because people break the law and kill others and people kill themselves, we should be prevented from defending ourselves?

Feel free to not arm yourself. You don't have to. But telling people they dont have the right to protect themselves is absolutely stupid.

When else has a mentally disturbed young adult stole his mother's guns to go on a shooting rampage at an elementary school? Answer that.

Oh, I see. Semantics games.

Columbine isn't remotely similar, right?
Aurora isn't remotely similar, right?
VA Tech isn't remotely similar, right?

Shall I keep going?

while you are going, realize this. there were 20,000,000 new pistol permits last year. that's just pistols, and that takes into account only the states that require a pistol permit. The fact is, gun ownership is growing rapidly in this country. Stores are sold out, stores that have inventory have mile long lines. ammo, primers, powders, are sold out. more and more people are becoming pro gun and making the decision to own a gun. and we're not going to take these attacks on our rights and freedoms. and this impact is going to be felt at future polls. already many of the representatives who voted for cuomo's gun laws are starting to back pedal. they know they screwed up. they know their political lives are in danger. they are seeing the backlash. and so is the federal government. their gun proposals are geting watered down faster than liquor at happy hour. cuomo's sneak attack on gun rights has ignighted as much fury as the japs on pearl harbor. the fight is on, and the anti gunners are going to find themselves on the losing side of this one.

Yes I've heard the impending doom and gloom story before about how dems were running scared, blah blah blah. None of that came true. In fact, it was the total opposite of all those predictions you self-proclaimed experts were stating.

You definitely put the NO in Nostradamus.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of gun violence. Why? Because a gun in the house is much more likely to be used by an angry spouse or depressed teenager to kill themselves or others, than it is to be used for self defense.

Nancy Lanza found this out when her son killed her and 20 school children in Newtown.

You realize that repeating stupid things doesn't suddenly make it less stupid, right?

Nancy Lanza found this out when her son killed her and two dozen school children in Newtown.

People who drive cras are more likely to die in car accidents. According to your "logic" we should ban cars too.

Wow, right over your head. But then again you believe in god, so rational thought and critical analysis aren't in your repertoire.

[There are some things that are more politically expedient than others. The Libs as well as the NAACP have had a long history of holding America hostage for a few, long ago historical occurrences while ignoring the ongoing wholesale slaughter right in front of their faces, a uniquely prime example of the adage about telling another person to remove the speck in their eye while ignoring the the plank sticking out of their own. Now the trick for Barack and the Democrats is to get Americans to surrender the last bulwark against tyranny and dictatorship to atone for the deaths of twenty children, children of precisely the class and group of Americans Barack hates the most. Oh the irony!]

From Walter Williams "Cultural Deviancy"

"According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, the black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites...The magnitude of this tragedy can be seen in another light. According to a Tuskegee Normal and Industrial Institute study, between 1882 and 1968, 3,446 blacks were lynched at the hands of whites."

Walter Williams On Black Homicide vs White Lynchings | VDARE.com

Last edited:
Selfish gun owners will not listen to reason. If they did we would have much fewer selfish gun owners.

big government progressives wont listen to reason. If they did, we'd have less dead children.

See, I can do it too. mine is just accurate.

Although it's not. Because a fetus isn't a child. Sorry to burst your bubble.

How does it feel to have pretty much everything you stand for be wrong? I mean everything.

actually the facts fully support me. you cling to lies and misinformation to make a non existent problem seem like a major issue.

Lol, there is nothing you have to support you except for your selfishness. Speaking of non existent problem. You're the one who insists that 12,000 people being shot each year is worth the collateral damage cost so that you can be ready for when the government attacks you. Holy fuck that's funny.

So because people break the law and kill others and people kill themselves, we should be prevented from defending ourselves?

Feel free to not arm yourself. You don't have to. But telling people they dont have the right to protect themselves is absolutely stupid.

Telling people that "I'm sorry your child had to be shot today, but thats the cost we need to pay in order to maintain our freedom" is ok? How jesus-like of you.

Nancy Lanza found this out when her son killed her and 20 school children in Newtown.

You realize that repeating stupid things doesn't suddenly make it less stupid, right?

LOL funny coming from you.

Well, that would be a given since people killed in many of those wars were *gasp* killed by guns and counted in the total killed by guns figure.

How many of those people killed with guns were killed by police officers in the line of duty? How many were used to kill in self defense?

Your stats are pretty much meaningless if you don't put some context to them.

Of course, that might actually require thinking. A dangerous past time, I know.

You could have followed the link which puts those numbers into context.

Then you wouldn't have made yourself to look like such an clueless ignoramous.

And you shouldn't make assumptions and should try contributing to the discussion instead of defending stupid claims made by chris by attacking other people.

Oh, I see. Semantics games.

Columbine isn't remotely similar, right?
Aurora isn't remotely similar, right?
VA Tech isn't remotely similar, right?

Shall I keep going?

while you are going, realize this. there were 20,000,000 new pistol permits last year. that's just pistols, and that takes into account only the states that require a pistol permit. The fact is, gun ownership is growing rapidly in this country. Stores are sold out, stores that have inventory have mile long lines. ammo, primers, powders, are sold out. more and more people are becoming pro gun and making the decision to own a gun. and we're not going to take these attacks on our rights and freedoms. and this impact is going to be felt at future polls. already many of the representatives who voted for cuomo's gun laws are starting to back pedal. they know they screwed up. they know their political lives are in danger. they are seeing the backlash. and so is the federal government. their gun proposals are geting watered down faster than liquor at happy hour. cuomo's sneak attack on gun rights has ignighted as much fury as the japs on pearl harbor. the fight is on, and the anti gunners are going to find themselves on the losing side of this one.

Yes I've heard the impending doom and gloom story before about how dems were running scared, blah blah blah. None of that came true. In fact, it was the total opposite of all those predictions you self-proclaimed experts were stating.

You definitely put the NO in Nostradamus.

yea yea, and we have all heard the doom and gloom how republicans need to come over to your side. They aren't. but dems are softening their stance. even feinstein is caving on her proposal. the turds in NY are all trying to justify their rational and claiming they support gun rights. people aren't buying it. dems pass agun ban under clinton. dems lose both the house and senate for the first time in 50 years. cuomos ratings in a totally democratic state dropped to 50% from like 86%. all of a sudden he is being hammered for stuff non gun related that was glossed over before. new gun owners continue to grow. sales are at record highs. manufacturers are running 3 shifts. this is great

Telling people that "I'm sorry your child had to be shot today, but thats the cost we need to pay in order to maintain our freedom" is ok? How jesus-like of you.

yea yea, i'm sorry you kid was killled in a car accident, i'm sorry your kid died eating a peanut, i'm sorry your kid was abused by a baby sitter, i'm sorry your kid died of a drug overdose. get over it. you may want to live in a bubble, the rest of us won't. guns are here to stay. legal or illegal, they aren't going anywhere. deal with it

The reactions to the OP would be funny if the issues of gun deaths was not so serious. That suicide by gun is discounted is shocking, I knew personally three persons who took their own life with a gun. One was an 11-year old boy.

Shock-Jock Michael Savage (the other Weiner) use to say, "Liberalism is a mental disorder". Yet never offer an evidence to support such an allegation.

As I read some of the posts on this message board, I'm of the mind that contemporary conservatism is truly a mental disorder. One which allows people of even average intelligence to hold incongruent opinions and never suffer any slight cognitive dissonance.

They oppose abortion yet support capital punishment;

They demand liberty and freedom but are quick to deny both to others;

Stimulus was good under Reagan and George 43 but bad under Obama;

I could post more evidence focusing on the remarks of three 'conservatives': Romeny, Gingrich and Bachmann. But there are many more examples.
God gave man the death penalty and also hates abortion. Obamaturds stimulus is nothing but rewarding his backers. Liberalism is a mental disorder, libtards prove it all the time. You like most libtards are way off on this, but keep trying, the comedy is entertaining.

Is this serious? :eusa_eh:

Educate yourself on the matters of God and you wont have to ask.

yea yea, i'm sorry you kid was killled in a car accident, i'm sorry your kid died eating a peanut, i'm sorry your kid was abused by a baby sitter, i'm sorry your kid died of a drug overdose. get over it. you may want to live in a bubble, the rest of us won't. guns are here to stay. legal or illegal, they aren't going anywhere. deal with it

Waaaah, cry about it more? Please. You've been trounced repeatedly in this thread so you've resulted to crying. You must have done well in life. Crying your way through when you have nothing else.

More Americans have been killed by guns since 1968, than have been killed in all the wars the United States has ever fought.

1,171,177 killed in all the wars we have ever fought.

1,384,171 killed by guns in the United States since 1968.

PolitiFact | PBS commentator Mark Shields says more killed by guns since '68 than in all U.S. wars

The average is 2/3rds are suicide.

Suicide with a gun, Einstein. People are lazy, even when they just want to kill themselves instead of someone else. So they reach for a gun. Now Timothy McVeigh, there's an inventive, industrious and imaginative killer. Charles Manson, he too stood out from the crowd by manipulating minds rather than bullets and chambers.

So what would happen if we forced the vast majority of these others, the lazy people, to have to do something besides just go out and buy a gun? Hmmmmm.....perhaps lives would be spared.
troit are lead

Chicago, New York and Detroit are the leading cities contributing to the tally. Certainly, mobs, gangs and Liberal Proggies have help the death toll. Assault clubs, knives and and improvised weapons make up the bulk of the implements used. Firearms are actually tertiary.

Forum List

Back