More Americans killed by guns than all the wars we have ever fought

And don't be misled that there are no gang-related killings or mass murders in Japan. There are. The numbers are much lower than in the US, but let's be realistic.

The people are very much different.

No two individuals are the same. 'People' are people.

However, in this context, it is completely unscientific to compare current homicide rates in the USA with homicide rates in Japan. There are to many variables that are not controlled to claim that gun control has anything to do with the differences in homicide rates. The ONLY way to control for as many variables as possible is to compare rates before and after such laws have been enacted in each area. Something I have provided for in this very thread and every gun control advocate has ignored. That is because the facts simply do not support gun control.

Of course Japan has very little immigration too. .

That's not exactly true either.

Are you trying to say that Japan has not a diametrically opposed immigration policy?? Even the European Union does not allow mass immigration amnesties in member states.

Look at the number of refugees accepted by Japan and by the US each year: several tens versus tens of thousands. Look at the number of foreigners living in Japan: barely 1.7%

Of course Japan has very little immigration too. .

That's not exactly true either.

Are you trying to say that Japan has not a diametrically opposed immigration policy?? Even the European Union does not allow mass immigration amnesties in member states.

Look at the number of refugees accepted by Japan and by the US each year: several tens versus tens of thousands. Look at the number of foreigners living in Japan: barely 1.7%

Who said that Japan takes in as many immigrants as the US? Who was making that comparison? If you want to play "look at...versus..." then take a look at the difference in size and population between the two countries, the geography of the two countries, and the history of the two countries. The fact is that there are quite a few immigrants in Japan from Brazil, SEA, and China among others and the rate of immigration is increasing.

And don't be misled that there are no gang-related killings or mass murders in Japan. There are. The numbers are much lower than in the US, but let's be realistic.

In 1990 the police identified over 2.2 million Penal Code violations. Two types of violations—larceny (65.1 percent of total violation) and negligible homicide or injury as a result of accidents (26.2%)—accounted for over 90 percent of criminal offenses in Japan.[3] In 1989 Japan experienced 1.3 robberies per 100,000 population, compared with 48.6 for West Germany, 65.8 for United Kingdom, and 233.0 for the United States; and it experienced 1.1 murder per 100,000 population, compared with 3.9 for West Germany, 1.03 for England and Wales, and 8.7 for the United States that same year.[4] Japanese authorities also solve a high percentage of robbery cases (75.9%, compared with 43.8% for West Germany, 26.5% for Britain, and 26.0% for the United States) and homicide cases (95.9% , compared with 94.4% for Germany, 78.0% for U.K., and 68.3% for the United States).[4] This is connected to the fact that prosecutions are less likely to be successfully challenged compared to the above mentioned countries, a fact that has caused human rights concerns and has led to a change in the law which took effect in 2009[citation needed].

Recently, the number of crimes in Japan are decreasing. In 2002, the number of crimes recorded was 2,853,739. This number was halved in 2012 with 1,382,154 crimes being recorded.[5]

Crime in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread. Was not trying to revive this old monster :D

The sharp decline in gun violence since 1993 is attributed to the NRA's efforts at gun safety information and the liberalization (no pun intended) of gun laws and legal concealed carry permits. If the left was really serious about gun laws they would see to it that the attorney general and others who authorized the Fast/Furious debacle were frog walked into federal court.

The sharp decline in gun violence since 1993 is attributed to the NRA's efforts at gun safety information and the liberalization (no pun intended) of gun laws and legal concealed carry permits. If the left was really serious about gun laws they would see to it that the attorney general and others who authorized the Fast/Furious debacle were frog walked into federal court.

a very interesting fact the left overlooks. gun violence rates in the USA have dropped since the repeal of clintons assault weapons ban at the same rates they have in countries like England, Australia that have enacted oppresive gun legislatoin. Gun laws have proven no more successful at stopping gun violence

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread. Was not trying to revive this old monster :D

LOL

I clicked on it expecting to find crayon boys fingerprints all over the revival

Ya, ya. Rub it in and burn me down :D

I MEANT to copy a post I had here for a newer thread. Had to dust off my control facts in other nations but instead of copying it over and closing the tab – I accidently pasted it in THIS thread. Oh well, we all make mistakes :redface:

Forum List

Back