More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

striking workers returning to work were shown to be new jobs by the government.
Yes, and they were counted as lost jobs when they went on strike. So, went on strike, jobs lost, return from strike, jobs gained (back). How is that a problem?

Striking workers do not get UI so how can they be counted as new jobs ?

Actually, in some states, they do, but what does they're eligibility for UI or not have to do with anything? UI claims aren't used at all for jobs gained, lost, employed or unemployed.

Yes, and they were counted as lost jobs when they went on strike. So, went on strike, jobs lost, return from strike, jobs gained (back). How is that a problem?

amazing. Do you go out of your way to be wrong?

I would not say it if it was wrong. Not all states allow it.

Q. I voted against the strike although I'm a member of the union on strike. Am I eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits?
A. Since the majority of the bargaining unit voted to strike, you are technically “on strike” and are not eligible for unemployment benefits, regardless of how you voted.
Frequently asked questions about labor disputes
And I thought you were the expert?

Last edited:

Q. I voted against the strike although I'm a member of the union on strike. Am I eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits?
A. Since the majority of the bargaining unit voted to strike, you are technically “on strike” and are not eligible for unemployment benefits, regardless of how you voted.
But what on earth do you you think that has to do with bring counted as new jobs ??? It makes NO difference to any count of jobs or employment. What connection do you think there is, and why?

No, that's not what you were wrong about. You were wrong about the impact of whether or not they claim UI. UI claims are not a factor in calculating new jobs.

No, that's not what you were wrong about. You were wrong about the impact of whether or not they claim UI. UI claims are not a factor in calculating new jobs.
You can believe the government lie all you want it's not going to change the truth.

But what on earth do you you think that has to do with bring counted as new jobs ??? It makes NO difference to any count of jobs or employment. What connection do you think there is, and why?
Another believer in the government lie.

You can believe the government lie all you want it's not going to change the truth.
So the government lies about how it calculates the jobs figure - specifically, they use UI numbers but they lie to us and tell us it's part of the establishment survey? How in the world could you calculate the number of jobs created using the number of people claiming Unemployment insurance? How would that even work? Methinks there is a methodology problem here.

OK then. You can surely believe whatever you'd like. You prove that no amount of pesky fact will get in the way of your belief.

Last edited:

Another believer in the government lie.
What, SPECIFICALLY! are you claiming is the lie?? Des tails, please.

So the government lies about how it calculates the jobs figure - specifically, they use UI numbers but they lie to us and tell us it's part of the establishment survey? How in the world could you calculate the number of jobs created using the number of people claiming Unemployment insurance? How would that even work? Methinks there is a methodology problem here.

OK then. You can surely believe whatever you'd like. You prove that no amount of pesky fact will get in the way of your belief.

The only facts cooked numbers proves is how corrupted the government is, but thank you for you approval.

UI claims aren't used at all for jobs gained, lost, employed or unemployed.
WHAT????????

Dude...really? Unemployment insurance claims are the ONLY way unemployment is tracked! What the hell do you think new jobless claims means?

If you APPLY for unemployment insurance benefits...YOU ARE COUNTED AS UNEMPLOYED...eligible or not. If you drop off the unemployment roles because a strike ends OR the 2 week 4th of July shutdown for maintenance ends...it is counted as a new job even though NO NEW JOB WAS CREATED!

FUZZY MATH....makes the government go round!

I am seeing more help wanted ads, the temp agencies are doing a better business, so I think things are getting marginally better.

In my case, I got a temp job for two weeks which is the first 40 hour week I have had in 30 months. I am feeling pretty cheerful.

I am seeing more help wanted ads, the temp agencies are doing a better business, so I think things are getting marginally better.

In my case, I got a temp job for two weeks which is the first 40 hour week I have had in 30 months. I am feeling pretty cheerful.

the temp agencies are doing a better business, so I think things are getting marginally better.
Not in my industry and it is the indicator of a healthy economy, Construction. Unemployment is very high for my state in my trade. Your" good news" is regional

North Carolina Economy at a Glance
Economist: N.C. unemployment rate to hit 13% :: WRAL.com

WHAT????????

Dude...really? Unemployment insurance claims are the ONLY way unemployment is tracked! What the hell do you think new jobless claims means?

If you APPLY for unemployment insurance benefits...YOU ARE COUNTED AS UNEMPLOYED...eligible or not. If you drop off the unemployment roles because a strike ends OR the 2 week 4th of July shutdown for maintenance ends...it is counted as a new job even though NO NEW JOB WAS CREATED!

You're wrong

Unemployment numbers arec computed by a BLS weekly SURVEY, NOT by counting the number of people getting unemplyment insurance

Read this Bureau of Labor Statistics PDF and read HOW unemployment numbers really are computed

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to persons who have applied forsuch benefits, and since it is impractical to actually count every unemployed person each month, the Government conducts a monthly sample survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country.

The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940, when it began as a Work Projects Administration project. It has been expanded and modified several times since then. For instance, beginning in 1994, the CPS estimates reflect the results of a major redesign of the survey. (For more information on the CPS redesign, see Chapter 1, “Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey,” in the BLS Handbook of Methods.)

Last edited:
WHAT????????

You're wrong

Unemployment numbers arec computed by a BLS weekly SURVEY, NOT by counting the number of people getting unemplyment insurance

Read this Bureau of Labor Statistics PDF and read HOW unemployment numbers really are computed

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to persons who have applied forsuch benefits, and since it is impractical to actually count every unemployed person each month, the Government conducts a monthly sample survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country.

The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940, when it began as a Work Projects Administration project. It has been expanded and modified several times since then. For instance, beginning in 1994, the CPS estimates reflect the results of a major redesign of the survey. (For more information on the CPS redesign, see Chapter 1, “Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey,” in the BLS Handbook of Methods.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfNvjwfbjc]Fake Blood - I Think I Like It (Fuzzy Math Remix) FINAL - YouTube[/ame]

WHAT????????

I find this fascinating. Obviously you didn't read the whole thread and go to the links explaining how unemployment is calculated, but beyond that you didn't bother to do any research to back up your claims or you would have seen you wee wrong. Try again if you have any integrity.

Bigreb is a troll only here just to argue until he's blue in the face. Facts don't mean anything to him and you guys doing anything but pointing at him and giggling is nothing short of redundant.

He's a birther, for starters.

Bigreb is a troll only here just to argue until he's blue in the face. Facts don't mean anything to him and you guys doing anything but pointing at him and giggling is nothing short of redundant.

He's a birther, for starters.

Fuck you punk ass raptard. You actually think your rap shit is good? Go troll some where else that you may be appreciated at like at the docks.

Forum List

Back