More Failed Foreign Policy - Cuba

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Thank you for making attempts to normalize our relations, trying to take economic sanctions away....we would like to tell you in response...
:fu: "F.U."

------------------------------

Cuba issues bristling editorial ahead of Obama visit

"Cuba said it would welcome President Barack Obama to Havana later this month, but the Communist government had no intention of changing its policies in exchange for normal relations with the United States.

In a long editorial on Wednesday in Communist Party newspaper Granma and other official media, Cuba demanded Washington cease meddling in its internal affairs and said Obama could do more to change U.S. policy."

CUBA: "We are not es-changing from being a Communist nation. Stay out of our farging business, and GIVE US MORE, HELP US MORE in exchange for NOTHING." (Obama's kind of deal!)

-------------------------------

"Cuba still has a long list of grievances with the United States, starting with the comprehensive trade embargo. Obama wants to rescind the embargo but Republican leadership in Congress has blocked the move. Cuba also objected to U.S. support for its political dissidents, whom some Americans consider champions of human rights but whom the Cuban government views as an unrepresentative minority funded by U.S. interests. "

CUBA: So we tried to put nukes off your coast. So we humiliated you at the Bay of Pigs. So we are Human Rights violators who oppress our people so badly they strap TRASH together with rope to make boats/rafts to try to make it to America....end the trade embargo. Oh, and kill all the Cuban dissidents who are now living in Florida who hate me/Cuba. Dis es nah too much to ask..."

(To be honest, I think the trade blockade has been going on for around 50 years because Castro/Cuba humiliated the US at the Bay of Pigs, and pride has never let the US move on, that and the pressure from the dissidents from Cuba who continue to pressure our govt to execute a regime change there.)

This failed foreign policy is NOT all on Obama - he's just the one catching crap for it right now.

The economic sanctions have been on for a long time, and, as I said in my 1st post, I think they have remained not only because of how Cuba oppresses its people but because of how Cuba humiliated the US at the Bay of Pigs. US Pride has had a lot to do with it IMO.

Of course we can't forget they tried to put missiles on our southern doorstep and are Communists...but for the sake of the people in poverty perhaps we could come up with a different strategy / plan to help them more while not 'rolling over' to Cuba.

I'm glad the 50+ year total failure of our policy towards Cuba is being reversed. Thank goodness the older generations that screwed up so miserably over Cuba are losing their influence and allowing reason to take over. The loser generations who previously handled Cuba allowed the Castro regime to become completely entrenched, allowed Cuba to become friends with our worst enemies, and failed to make a single inroad into returning Cuba to democracy.

Isn't he seeking office in Cuba? It's really his kind of government...

This looks like an attempt is being made for him to step in to help Raul out...

Che Obama.jpg

Why the fuck should we care about Cuba ?
Don't we have enough uneducated, unemployed, failed Liberals to take care of here in the U.S. ?

"Thank you for making attempts to normalize our relations, trying to take economic sanctions away....we would like to tell you in response...
:fu: "F.U."

------------------------------

"Cuba said it would welcome President Barack Obama to Havana later this month, but the Communist government had no intention of changing its policies in exchange for normal relations with the United States.

In a long editorial on Wednesday in Communist Party newspaper Granma and other official media, Cuba demanded Washington cease meddling in its internal affairs and said Obama could do more to change U.S. policy."

CUBA: "We are not es-changing from being a Communist nation. Stay out of our farging business, and GIVE US MORE, HELP US MORE in exchange for NOTHING." (Obama's kind of deal!)

-------------------------------

"Cuba still has a long list of grievances with the United States, starting with the comprehensive trade embargo. Obama wants to rescind the embargo but Republican leadership in Congress has blocked the move. Cuba also objected to U.S. support for its political dissidents, whom some Americans consider champions of human rights but whom the Cuban government views as an unrepresentative minority funded by U.S. interests. "

CUBA: So we tried to put nukes off your coast. So we humiliated you at the Bay of Pigs. So we are Human Rights violators who oppress our people so badly they strap TRASH together with rope to make boats/rafts to try to make it to America....end the trade embargo. Oh, and kill all the Cuban dissidents who are now living in Florida who hate me/Cuba. Dis es nah too much to ask..."

(To be honest, I think the trade blockade has been going on for around 50 years because Castro/Cuba humiliated the US at the Bay of Pigs, and pride has never let the US move on, that and the pressure from the dissidents from Cuba who continue to pressure our govt to execute a regime change there.)

perhaps they are somewhat confused

not only would obama not want them to end the communist government

he wishes we could be like it

You talking to me? If so...

I think Cuba is NOT our friend.

I think Cuba is a human right's violator.

I think Cubans are suffering under the continued oppression of the Castros.

I believe the embargo is not helping but is keeping them contained.

I believe, Cuba being so close to the US, a military embargo should remain - no missiles, no foreign troops, no foreign bases - such as Russian - ever again. We have seen what they are willing to do when given that option. The US must remain protected.

I think the embargo and status quo still remains primarily because Cuba humiliated the US at the Bay of Pigs years ago and many have held onto that grudge.

The Castros and Cuban govt hate us just as much as Russia, North Korea, and many others. To them we are their enemy. We should try diplomatic channels to improve relations while respecting and treating them as the 'enemy' they are, not engage in some humiliating one-sided courtship similar to that in which Obama participated in with Iran.

Just my opinion...

As a right-winger, I think I have to side with DumBama on this one.

I'm not well versed in the Cuba thing, but it seems to me that if we really want to see change in the government there, you change the minds of the people.

After things settle down, American companies start building hotels and resorts for American tourists. American tourists are big spenders and big tippers to boot. American dollars start flowing in, and those that cater to them that live in shacks start to earn some real money.

What do you do when you have more money? You spend it. That greatly helps the Cuban businesses and they start to see the advantages of capitalism. Of course the government will see some of that money as well, and they might reconsider what is best for them. After all, much like the failed embargo, their system of government is a failure as well.

Money can do some strange things to people. So can entertainment and technology that we all enjoy here in the states. No matter what great things you might have, you always crave more.

Don't tell the Cubans how much better our system is. Prove it to them.

Obama’s Olympic Moment
President puts time back on the clock for the Castro dictatorship.
March 29, 2016
Lloyd Billingsley
ol_1.jpg

(she looks happy in a commie country, maybe they can move there 2017...)

Many of the Cuban dissidents and political prisoners are black, but the first black American president failed to name a single one and call for his release. Instead, as Richard John Neuhaus used to say, he chose to jolly it up with the jailers. Like the Olympic officials in 1972, his approach to Cuba put time back on the clock for the totalitarian regime. New Left Castro apologists such as Tom Hayden had already been hailing Obama’s overture as completing the objectives of the Cuban Revolution and “recognition of the sovereign right of its people to revolt against the Yankee Goliath and survive as a state in a sea of global solidarity.”

Islamist terrorists have been busy in Paris, San Bernardino, and Brussels, where the bodies pile up. The 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, with athletes, dignitaries and countless spectators in attendance, will serve up a target-rich environment. Should a massive attack occur, the President of the United States might call it “athletic violence” in the style of the “workplace violence” that claimed 13 victims at Ford Hood in 2009. Based on his record of seven years, he would not call it Islamic violence or Islamic terrorism. With this president, Muslim mass murderers and Communist dictators always get preferential treatment.

Obama’s Olympic Moment

Forum List

Back