More good News !Two anti gun Co libs recalled

[

The concept behind the tobacco lawsuit was that they were selling a product and not telling people it was dangerous. People know guns can be dangerous if used improperly.

The gun companies are selling thier products to people who can legally buy them. Just as you cannot sue a car manufacturer for the actions of a drunk driver, you cannot sue a gun manufactuerer for the actions of a homicidal maniac.

As for the store owners, if they sold a weapon to somone banned from owning one, they should be proscecuted. Considering Lanza KILLED HIS MOM AND STOLE HER GUNS, and she was a legal gun owner, i cant see the store being held liable.

Okay, couple of points.

Everyone knew that cigarettes cause cancer back to the 1920's. Probably earlier. The Tobacco companies were marketting to children and increasing the nicotine levels to make them more addictive. THAT'S why they were held liable and forced to comply with a bunch of new rules.

In fact, you could sue gun sellers and makers at one point. When John Mohommed went on his shooting rampage, lawsuits were brought against Bushmaster and the gun store.

Beltway sniper attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On January 16, 2003, the Legal Action Project of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, on behalf of the families of many of the victims of the Beltway sniper attacks who were killed (including Hong Im Ballenger, "Sonny" Buchanan, Jr., Linda Franklin, Conrad Johnson, Sarah Ramos and James L. Premkumar Walekar) as well as two victims who survived the shooting (Rupinder "Benny" Oberoi and 13-year old Iran Brown) filed a civil lawsuit against Bull's Eye Shooter Supply and Bushmaster Firearms, Inc. of Windham, Maine, the gun distributor and manufacturer that made the rifle used in the crime spree, as well as Borgelt, Muhammad and Malvo. Muhammad, who had a criminal record of domestic battery, and Malvo, a minor, were each legally prohibited from purchasing firearms.

The suit claimed that Bull's Eye Shooter Supply ran its gun store in Tacoma, Washington, "in such a grossly negligent manner that scores of its guns routinely "disappeared" from its store and it kept such shoddy records that it could not account for the Bushmaster rifle used in the sniper shootings when asked by federal agents for records of sale for the weapon." It was alleged that the dealer could not account for hundreds of guns received from manufacturers in the years immediately prior to the Beltway sniper attacks. It was also claimed that Bull's Eye continued to sell guns in the same irresponsible manner even after Muhammad and Malvo were caught and found to have acquired the weapon there. Bushmaster was included in the suit because it allegedly continued to sell guns to Bull's Eye as a dealer despite an awareness of its record-keeping violations.

The case had been set for trial in April 2005. Bushmaster said it settled because of escalating legal fees and the dwindling amount of insurance money it had left for the case. Bull's Eye contributed $2 million and Bushmaster contributed $500,000 to an out-of-court settlement. Bushmaster also agreed to educate its dealers on safer business practices.[43]

Unfortunately, AFTER that, the NRA went to Congress and got a law passed that exempted gun manufacturers from lawsuits.

That dealer broke the rules, and he paid for it. Bushmaster settled to save them some money, just like any other large party that settles when it doesnt have to.

The whole premise of the tobacco lawsuits was based on the assumption that people smoking were just too ignorant to realize they were being hurt, and juries lapped it up, not based on law, but on sypathy.

Any lawsuit against a gun manufacturer where the gun functions perfectly, but is used by a criminal would fly in the face of our basis of laws, but jury sympathy would lead to a possible verdict that is contrary to the law, but right up the alley of facist assholes such as yourself.

libturds are acting like these were recalled because they didn't vote the way their constituents wanted them to vote on Dog Licensing or something.

WTF is wrong with you people? Seriously?

That vote was a GIGANTIC Constitutional Issue that the dimocrap politicians voted for AGAINST the wishes of their constituents.

Not a small deal, a HUGE deal.

The politicians decided they would rather suck up to their political party than listen to The People.

They paid the price and they'll probably never be successful in politics again.

Actually, they'll probably be voted back in on the next election cycle when people are paying attention.

the problem with recalls is that most people dont' vote in them. Less than 20,000 people voted in one of these elections.

Out of how many voters in the district?

None of the gun laws on the books would have stopped Holmes or Sandy Hook. None, passing more is only infringing on the Constitutional right of Americans to have guns.

I'm pretty sure that Amendment was put there to prevent the government to be the only one that had guns.

This is how our system works, we elect representatives to do what we would. If they don't, they are subject to recall, it's that simple. More of this will hopefully prevent those politicians that lie to get elected from doing what they want instead of what their constituents want.

This Constitutional Republic is a beautiful thing.

libturds are acting like these were recalled because they didn't vote the way their constituents wanted them to vote on Dog Licensing or something.

That vote was a GIGANTIC Constitutional Issue that the dimocrap politicians voted for AGAINST the wishes of their constituents.

The politicians decided they would rather suck up to their political party than listen to The People.

Actually, they'll probably be voted back in on the next election cycle when people are paying attention.

the problem with recalls is that most people dont' vote in them. Less than 20,000 people voted in one of these elections.

Out of how many voters in the district?

so for all the antis spending on stopping the recall

the people stayed home

--LOL

Personally, I don't think this was an appropriate use of the recall process. They didn't break any laws, they weren't found in compromising positions with farm animals. They just voted -- after being duly elected -- in ways that some folks didn't like.

The problem here is that we now have opened Pandora's box: Do elections mean nothing now? Are we going to see a permanent, ongoing string of recall elections every time a politician votes on something? Holy shit, our political process is fucked up enough as it is, this will triple the gum in the works.

A senator is elected to represent the people who elected him or her.

If that senator votes against his employers( his constituents ) wishes, they use the recall process to fire that senator.

It's called accountability.

that is one way of looking at a recall

the other is the people have a right to fire their reps

for performance they do not approve of

I understand, I get it, but I think this will make our political process even shittier than it already is. Non-stop political campaigns, non-stop ads on radio and teevee, non-stop shouting from partisan ideologues.

Oy.

Every two years was bad enough. If I didn't have to follow politics as part of my profession, I would tune out right now.

That's 'cause you're in the wrong business. More elections, hooray!

libturds are acting like these two were recalled because they didn't vote the way their constituents wanted them to vote on Dog Licensing or something.

But they're dimocraps, the scum of the Earth, so you can never count them out. They're like Zombies, you can't kill them by ordinary means. Even when you think they're dead and buried, they'll still claw their way out of the ground and haunt you.

dimocraps suck. Betcha they end up political appointees somewhere or in Academia if they can't win another election?

Anybody wanna take me up on that one? dimocrap scum are like criminals everywhere; they take care of their own. They have to. Omerta won't work otherwise

This is what Dems do now, its calling being a policital suicide bomber. They pass a law that is clearly against the interests of liberty and freedom and the will of the American people, knowing it will likely end their careers. But its done for the greater good, it's done in the name of progressivism. Its exactly what they did with Obamacare, those D-bags voted for it knowing full well they would lose the next election. But we all know its much more difficult to overturn a law than to pass it initially. As dishonorable and dispicable the method is, it is effective, and the (D)-bags know it.

You'll see plenty more Democrat political suicide bombers, bet on it.

This is certainly good news. When a politician pisses off his constitutents so badly that they are ready to vote him out of office it sends a message to other pols. The pols tend to think voters have short memories (true) and they are only vulnerable on Election Day, by which time their previous votes are forgotten. The lesson here is that Judgement Day can come at any time.

Ironically the recall was a provision pushed by progessives in the late 19th/early 20th century. Looks like these dupes were hoisted on their own petard.

PHP:
It's a great day when people like this can buy guns again...

Colorado%20Movie%20Massace_Ja%201.jpg

Not to worry, the Theater companies are putting up short film on what do do if someone shoots up the place.

Get rid of gun free zones.
Then you have no targets for these nuts.

Mass shootings never happen at a shooting range!!

That's because shooting ranges are usually members only, dumbass.

WRONG !!

most shooting ranges are open to the public, you walk in read the rules, pay a fee and get assigned a "bench".., try to learn something before you dangerously "SHOOT" off your mouth. :lmao: ........ :up:

[

That dealer broke the rules, and he paid for it. Bushmaster settled to save them some money, just like any other large party that settles when it doesnt have to.

The whole premise of the tobacco lawsuits was based on the assumption that people smoking were just too ignorant to realize they were being hurt, and juries lapped it up, not based on law, but on sypathy.

Any lawsuit against a gun manufacturer where the gun functions perfectly, but is used by a criminal would fly in the face of our basis of laws, but jury sympathy would lead to a possible verdict that is contrary to the law, but right up the alley of facist assholes such as yourself.

If the dealer broke the rules, why was Bushmaster still doing business with him?

This really isn't difficult, guy. The gun manufacturers WANT crazy people to have guns.

Because when crazy people have guns, dumb rednecks like you get all scared and you want guns, too.

It's like arming both sides in a war.

On the other hand, if gun manufacturers WERE held to account for their business practices, if they paid out 8 figure settlements to shooting victims, you'd be damned straight they'd insist on background checks.

Just like all the banks know how much I owe on my credit cards and mortgage, they'd make damned sure they knew who the crazies were.

[

If the dealer broke the rules, why was Bushmaster still doing business with him?

This really isn't difficult, guy. The gun manufacturers WANT crazy people to have guns.

Because when crazy people have guns, dumb rednecks like you get all scared and you want guns, too.

On the other hand, if gun manufacturers WERE held to account for their business practices, if they paid out 8 figure settlements to shooting victims, you'd be damned straight they'd insist on background checks.

Just like all the banks know how much I owe on my credit cards and mortgage, they'd make damned sure they knew who the crazies were.

So how many guns has Bushmaster sent you?

I understand, I get it, but I think this will make our political process even shittier than it already is. Non-stop political campaigns, non-stop ads on radio and teevee, non-stop shouting from partisan ideologues.

Oy.

Every two years was bad enough. If I didn't have to follow politics as part of my profession, I would tune out right now.

Not really. That just means these guys are going to spend more time raising money, more time sucking up to special interests, and less time actually doing their jobs.

How can we expect these guys to make any hard decisions if you are constantly threatening them with recalls if they do something unpopular that needs to be done?

A senator is elected to represent the people who elected him or her.

If that senator votes against his employers( his constituents ) wishes, they use the recall process to fire that senator.

It's called accountability.

that is one way of looking at a recall

the other is the people have a right to fire their reps

for performance they do not approve of

Oy.

I personally don't know how a person can immerse themselves in -- let alone enjoy -- a profession and process that are so absolutely saturated with dishonesty, corruption, cronyism and narcissism, all based on public money.

But I guess somebody has to do it. So thanks for that.

[

Show me where a gun manufacturer implies they want crazy people to have guns.

Liar.

[

So how many guns has Bushmaster sent you?

That made no sense as usual.

Betcha if they paid out a big settlement to the families in Newtown, they'd be sure not to sell to the next Crazy Nancy.

Oy.

Not really. That just means these guys are going to spend more time raising money, more time sucking up to special interests, and less time actually doing their jobs.

How can we expect these guys to make any hard decisions if you are constantly threatening them with recalls if they do something unpopular that needs to be done?

Yeah, but we stay busy all year and can keep hiring extra help through the year. Win win in an election office ;)

So the gun whacks picked the two weakest politicians they could find and dumped a truckload of money on them...

Not that the sensible laws passed after the Holmes Massacre will be overturned. No politician wants to own the next James Holmes.

The Holmes massacre was 100% caused by liberal gun free zones.
You know, those places ordered to have a policy refusing customers who lawfully carry arms.
Mass shootings never happen at shooting ranges.
Wonder why?

Hey, wasn't that Navy SEAL sniper shot at a gun range by his friend?

So much for that theory.

People get shot at gun shows, too, guy.

One guy is a mass shooting?

With all the money spent.... A Million Dollars more than on ALL the Senate Campaigns in Colorado in 2012 COMBINED....

You gotta understand something about our electoral process......

NOT voting is still a vote. Just ask Mittens and McRINO.

Staying home and refusing to support a politician is a vote.... Of sorts.

20% of the people who signed the recall petitions were democrats.

Not voting is a vote. If you get my drift.

It's something Republicans have suffered from since Bush 41.

When Republicans or, more accurately -- Conservatives, get motivated, we're an unstoppable political force.

The problem is getting Conservatives motivated because we haven't been able to identify with a Candidate. Mittens? Puh-lease

dimocraps faced that problem in Colorado. Most of them didn't want to support an Anti-American Agenda

senate majority leader john morse and senator angela giron both go down in flames

expect more of this
--------------------

Colorado Democrats need a new senate leader. History was made tonight in Colorado as Democrat Senate Majority Leader John Morse was recalled for abridging Coloradans’s Second Amendment civil liberties. The tally is currently 52%-48%. According to Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics, Morse supporters need to “beat us two to one in remaining ballots.” Impossible.

It’s the first wave of legislative battles planned by citizens angry at state lawmakers who denied them a vote on their Second Amendment rights. As it stands now State Senator Angela Giron is narrowly ahead of her recall.

Morse conceded around 11:30 eastern time. Republican Bernie Herpin was elected to replace him.

- See more at: The Dana Show | The Conservative Alternative

Big win for future mass shooters.

PHP:
It's a great day when people like this can buy guns again...

Colorado%20Movie%20Massace_Ja%201.jpg

Not to worry, the Theater companies are putting up short film on what do do if someone shoots up the place.

Get rid of gun free zones.
Then you have no targets for these nuts.

Mass shootings never happen at a shooting range!!

While not a mass shooting, Chris Kyle and friend were gunned down at a range.

Forum List

Back