More gun violence in Sweden....didn't hear about this in our media did we...

Gun nuts are stupid, not worth reasoning with them.

A partial list of some "gun nuts": John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington.

I don't think they would recognize our guns.
i bet they would like to try some of them....and would want one....

Great, you acknowledge the 2nd amendment was written by individuals who had no idea what a semi-automatic weapon is. Pretend how they would react, it's irrelevant. It's up to us today to make those decisions, not Thomas Jefferson's alleged hard on for a Ruger.
it does not change what i said though does it?....you would be pissed because they would push your ass out of the way so they can shoot one...

What you say is only in your imagination. Maybe they'd love to shoot off nuclear missiles at Indians, who gives a fuck, it's pretend.

Sweden's gun death rate per 100,000 is about 1.5.

The US rate is about 10.5.

What do you infer from that?
They don't have a subculture of fatherless black segregationists in Sweden.
of white people who are killed, 84% are killed by other whites.

What causes that?
Shh, don't confuse the racist.
You're as confused as he is. He's comparing completely separate stats.

What causes that?
Your math is non-sequitor.

What causes that?
where am I wrong and where are you right?

What causes that?

What causes that?
You're comparing race stats against gun death stats. Different issues.

No, you gave t

What causes that?

What causes that?
You're comparing race stats against gun death stats. Different issues.
You gave the reason for the difference in death rate between the 2 nations to be 'fatherless black segregationists'. I had to go to another source to show that the difference is actually caused by the white culture in the US being extremely more violent than that of Sweden.

Great, you acknowledge the 2nd amendment was written by individuals who had no idea what a semi-automatic weapon is. Pretend how they would react, it's irrelevant. It's up to us today to make those decisions, not Thomas Jefferson's alleged hard on for a Ruger.
it does not change what i said though does it?....you would be pissed because they would push your ass out of the way so they can shoot one...

What you say is only in your imagination. Maybe they'd love to shoot off nuclear missiles at Indians, who gives a fuck, it's pretend.
you know what i said is the truth....those guys would love to shoot a modern day weapon....you just cant imagine that can you?...and nuclear missiles?give me a break.......the thought that one of those guys would love to try a modern weapon just fucks up your thought patterns dont it?...

Funny how the media is silent about shootings in Europe when they push gun control here...

Rare Gun Violence Erupts In Stockholm: 1 Dead, 3 Injured In Shooting And Stabbing In Sweden

According to one eyewitness account, cited by The Local, two men, one armed with a gun, the other with a knife, chased down a man before stabbing and shooting him. The gunshots ricocheted into bystanders, who were treated for minor injuries at a local hospital. Police have cordoned off the area and are still looking for the unidentified suspects.

Of course they have even more gun control that we do here in the states...but their criminals get guns easily when they want or need them.....

And you wonder why I believe you are dumb? "RARE Gun Violence in Stockholm..."

Find a headline anywhere which states, "Rare gun violence in America..."

2/3rds of gun deaths in the US are suicides.

Wow, that's comforting. Of course that's not what I've read, do you have a source?

If true, why do so many who support open carry and brag they always carry a gun for fear of being attacked by a criminal fear so few gun attacks on innocent persons? Are they not innocent? Or are they the criminal they single out?

Funny how the media is silent about shootings in Europe when they push gun control here...

Rare Gun Violence Erupts In Stockholm: 1 Dead, 3 Injured In Shooting And Stabbing In Sweden

According to one eyewitness account, cited by The Local, two men, one armed with a gun, the other with a knife, chased down a man before stabbing and shooting him. The gunshots ricocheted into bystanders, who were treated for minor injuries at a local hospital. Police have cordoned off the area and are still looking for the unidentified suspects.

Of course they have even more gun control that we do here in the states...but their criminals get guns easily when they want or need them.....

Are you really this dumb? Read the title to the article. It says "Rare Gun Violence Erupts In Stockholm". Do you have even the remotest idea of what that means? I will help you. It means that they rarely have any gun violence. Here in the US, we have thousands of between 250 to 300 gun related deaths and/or injuries every single day. If we account for the large variance in population, that would account for approximately 25 to 30 gun related deaths and/or injuries per day in the US. Sweden has slightly more than this for a full year. So please continue to tell us how bad it is in Sweden and how good it is in the US when it comes to guns. :cuckoo:
Gun nuts are stupid, not worth reasoning with them.

A partial list of some "gun nuts": John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington.

Well, I suspect Mr. Hamilton would like to have had one on the morning he died while standing on the heights of Weehawken, New Jersey as Aaron Burr raised his pistol.

the grenade attacks Malmo are more frequent...as are the shootings.

That our inner cities are controlled by democrats....and the grand total of gun murders in the U.S. is only 8,454 in 2013.....out of a country of 320 million people, while guns stopped violent criminal attack and saved lives on average 2 million times a year here......

And if you stay out of small, multi block areas in our major cities, our gun murder rate is lower than Europe's.

Sweden is also the rape capitol of Europe....they like women defenseless........since guns are the most effective way to stop rape.
You imply that the population in the cities is denser in the US, causing more crime, but the opposite is true, Europe is over 2.5 times more densely populated than the US. So what's your point now?

Don't you guys look up anything before you post it?

The culture of most Europeans is one, homogenous, and two, less violent, they were less violent as a people before they banned guns. And of course after banning guns in Britain their violent crime rate went up, not down, and they are 2 times as violent as we are. I attribute the pacifity to a history of fuedalism and a cultural reaction to the 2 World Wars. They have more reverence for central authority than Americans do, and the trauma of the 2 World Wars made them more pacifistic. Add to that how similar Europeans are too each other and the lack of violent minorities and that is why they have less gun violence.

However.....they have just as much access to guns as our criminals do. They easily get fully automatic rifles with 30 round magazines, pistols, grenades (See all of the grenade attacks in Sweden) and the French terrorists also easily acquired a rocket propelled grenade...

Why is it that they can easily get guns but the use them less?

That our inner cities are controlled by democrats....and the grand total of gun murders in the U.S. is only 8,454 in 2013.....out of a country of 320 million people, while guns stopped violent criminal attack and saved lives on average 2 million times a year here......

And if you stay out of small, multi block areas in our major cities, our gun murder rate is lower than Europe's.

Sweden is also the rape capitol of Europe....they like women defenseless........since guns are the most effective way to stop rape.
You imply that the population in the cities is denser in the US, causing more crime, but the opposite is true, Europe is over 2.5 times more densely populated than the US. So what's your point now?

Don't you guys look up anything before you post it
?

You obviously don't!

Sweden has a lower suicide rate than the US.
They are virtually identical, depending on what organization is taking the stats, yet it is your side that took the position that the high suicide rate in the US somehow mitigated i's higher overall death rate per 100,000.

That isn't what you said- you said it was higher. But it isn't. It's lower.

The US rate is 12.1 Sweden's is 11.1 according to The World Health Organization- so no, they are not virtually identical. Admit it, you just made that up, right?

As for SIDES- My side is the US CONSTITUTION.
In the beginning, you asserted that the US suicides being 2/3 of gun deaths somehow mitigated it's ten times higher death rate than that of Sweden,

Yet, you now discover that the suicide rate is virtually the same, so you want to throw out that argument.

Returning to my first post, I ask you,what can you infer from the 10 times the gun death rate of the US over Sweden?

Could it be that Sweden has more effective gun control?

Suicides do not count...considering almost half of suicides in the U.S. are not done with guns....so without guns, the other half would commit suicide with what the other half used.....Also, Japan, China, and South Korea have almost absolute gun control....and they all have 2 times the suicide rate that we do....so guns are not the issue in suicide.

Could it be that Sweden has more effective gun control?

No....guns and grenades are easily gotten in Sweden...they have been having shootings and grenade attacks once a week for since about last march. Dittos the other countries in Europe, there is a flood of illegal weapons that the police can't stop.

In Marseilles, France the violence has been so bad that they have considered bringing in soldiers to bring it under control.

What causes that?

And blacks kill far more whites than whites kill blacks......what is the total number of whites killed by other whites in real numbers?

The total gun murder rate for 2013 was 8,454. How many were blacks, how many whites?

Yes....a lot of the violence is in other cities....

Sweden s 3rd largest city hit by multiple blasts police plead for help to tackle violence spike RT News

on Sweden being the rape capitol of Europe...

http://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2015/02/15/the-swedes-and-the-clash-of-civilizations/

June 2015 violence in Sweden...

Violence Erupts in Sweden as Ethnic Groups Clash in Race Riots

Serial shooter from 09-10 in Sweden..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Malmö_shootings

The Malmö shootings were a string of attacks by serial shooter Peter Mangs in the southern Swedish city of Malmöbetween December 2009 and October 2010.
The attacks, carried out with a 9mm Glock 19 handgun, started as early as in December 2009. At the same time, the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old woman in October 2009 has also been linked to the same perpetrator.[1] The woman was the only ethnically Swedish victim,[2] who was in the company of a friend of immigrant origin.[3] This murder has been linked to the other shootings through forensic evidence, showing that the weapon used was the same gun as the one used in several of the other attacks.[2]

The cause of violence in Sweden....immigration from violent 3rd world countries...

Another shooting in Roseng rd. Was Fox News right about Malm 12 years ago Swedish Surveyor

2015-06-04 -On Wednesday night, at 19.30 a 35-year-old man was found by emergency services in a car after having been shot in the head in Rosengård, one of Malmös “no-go zones“.

The man was transported to the hospital and the police have labelled the crime attempted murder/manslaughter.

On a more positive note: 6 men (ethnicity withheld) were indicted this Tuesday for the bombings which plagued Malmö last year.

[…] Rosengard was once one of the programme’s proudest achievements: a high-rise development that was close to the centre of Malmö, one of Sweden’s industrial powerhouses, but surrounded by open space. Today over 80% of its population of 24,000 are immigrants. The local shops have names such as Babylon and Lebanon. Women in hijabs and headscarves cart their shopping through the freezing rain. Men sit in cafés drinking strong coffee and keeping dry. A truck sells falafel sandwiches.

[…] Mass immigration is posing serious problems for the region. For the Nordic countries to be able to afford their welfare states they need to have 80% of their adults in the workforce, but labour-force participation among non-European immigrants is much lower than that. In Sweden only 51% of non-Europeans have a job, compared with over 84% of native Swedes. The Nordic countries need to persuade their citizens that they are getting a good return on their taxes, but mass immigration is creating a class of people who are permanently dependent on the state.

the Economist, Feb 2nd 2013

A look at the muslim violence in Sweden...

Warring Migrant Tribes, Grenade Attacks, Authorities That Don't Give a Damn...What Is Going On In Sweden? - Breitbart

Swedish rape problem...

http://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2015/02/15/the-swedes-and-the-clash-of-civilizations/

On the shooting in Sweden 2 guys shot watching soccer game

Sweden shooting puts focus on life in 'ghettoes without hope'

This is an update on violence in Sweden...

The anti gun extremists,always tell us that Europe is a gun grabbers paradise, and that we should be more like them. the problem....their criminals get guns as easily as ours do...and worse, in Sweden, they like to throw grenades at each other....2014 and 2015 have seen record numbers of grenade attacks in Sweden as violent games shoot at each other and toss grenades, funny that we in the U.S. Haven't been clued in to this violence. Of course, that info would go against the anti gun extremist meme about Europe. and the idea that Europe is a gun free paradise is slowly giving way to the truth, that criminals in Europe get guns as easily as they do here in the States, and they have a fondness for fully automatic, military rifles, and grenades....

'You get street smart when you live in Malmö' - The Local

It is early morning on a sunny day and Malmö is just coming to life. Sweden's third biggest city is slowly getting back on its feet after a long summer of tensions, including numerous shootings, dozens of hand grenade attacks and car burnings. Yet, there is a surreal feeling of normality.

However, the statistics suggest that violent crime in the form of explosions is rocketing in the city. In 2014 a total of 25 blasts took place in Malmö. This year, the tally is at 33 and counting. Malmö's deputy police chief makes no secret of the fact that his organization almost found itself stretched to the limit this summer. But he believes they have turned a corner.

It's bad enough when they use guns, because they've got such poor aim, but grenades are really worrying. They have a 360-degree reach,” explains Mats Karlsson. But he adds a caveat: “I don't want to question people who say they are afraid, but you should filter the things you read. Media reports are skewed towards Malmö, but when something happens elsewhere it barely gets a mention. I am not scared.”

But this idyllic image sharply contrasts with another: the park is also the hotspot for Malmö's underground drugs trade. Two worlds operating side by side.

“You do get a bit street smart. If you see a gang you don't walk right into them. It's not okay that they shoot out in the street among people, and you think a lot about the drugs and the weapons. When you walk past a gang you know that at least one of them is carrying a gun,” adds Malin Karlsson, who lives with her young baby and family not far from Folkets Park.

Gun violence in Sweden.........
Good quotes in here about Malmo and Guthenberg and increased gang shootings.
Malmö police worry about wave of violence - The Local

One person was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries after a Midsummer Day shooting in the Söderkulla square in Malmö. A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after he reportedly handed himself over to the police on Monday afternoon.

No new details have emerged about two hand grenades being thrown at an apartment block in the southern Swedish city on the same day, June 20th.

Officers are also investigating a separate shooting on Ramel's street in the Rosengård area of Malmö on Monday morning. No one was believed to have been injured.

Malmö has experienced growing violence in recent years. Some of its inner-city areas and suburbs have a reputation for gun and gang-related crimes as well as race-related violence between different immigrant groups.

As a result, the force has stepped up its presence in known trouble-hit areas such as Rosengård and Seved, where around 30 people believed to be from criminal backgrounds are being tracked by officers.

“The availability [of weapons] is something which worries us a lot, that it really is this simple to get hold of them,” Patrik Johansson of the Malmö police told Swedish news wire TT on Monday.

Although police were unable to comment on this weekend's incidents, they have in general been able to link many of the shootings and explosions.

“We have seen certain connections,” Ewa-Gun Westford, police press spokeswoman, told TT, but added that not all the incidents were related to each other.

According to Daniel Vesterhav, interim departmental head of Sweden's crime statistics agency Brottsförebyggande Rådet (Brå), public shoot-outs between criminal gangs have become increasingly common in the past decade.

“We're talking about easily offended individuals who, when they perceive themselves to be offended, take action to protect their honour. It could be a car deal that has gone awry, unpaid narcotics debts or something really trivial like someone spending too long talking to someone else's girlfriend,” he told TT.

Sweden's second-biggest city, Gothenburg, has also been hit by dozens of shootings involving criminal gangs in recent years.

“Today, the gang environment is…I don't want to exactly call it the Wild West, but something in that direction,” Amir Rostami, a leading authority on Sweden's organized crime groups told The Local after two people died in a shooting in the suburb of Hisingen in March.

For more news f

Last edited:
So.....you guys were saying Sweden was a non violent place.......

Forum List

Back