More gun violence in Sweden....didn't hear about this in our media did we...

Are you really this dumb? Read the title to the article. It says "Rare Gun Violence Erupts In Stockholm". Do you have even the remotest idea of what that means? I will help you. It means that they rarely have any gun violence. Here in the US, we have thousands of between 250 to 300 gun related deaths and/or injuries every single day. If we account for the large variance in population, that would account for approximately 25 to 30 gun related deaths and/or injuries per day in the US. Sweden has slightly more than this for a full year. So please continue to tell us how bad it is in Sweden and how good it is in the US when it comes to guns. :cuckoo:
Gun nuts are stupid, not worth reasoning with them.

A partial list of some "gun nuts": John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington.

I don't think they would recognize our guns.
i bet they would like to try some of them....and would want one....

Great, you acknowledge the 2nd amendment was written by individuals who had no idea what a semi-automatic weapon is. Pretend how they would react, it's irrelevant. It's up to us today to make those decisions, not Thomas Jefferson's alleged hard on for a Ruger.

And the First amendment was written with no idea of the internet....I guess we don't get that either..right?

A partial list of some "gun nuts": John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and George Washington.

Great, you acknowledge the 2nd amendment was written by individuals who had no idea what a semi-automatic weapon is. Pretend how they would react, it's irrelevant. It's up to us today to make those decisions, not Thomas Jefferson's alleged hard on for a Ruger.

And the First amendment was written with no idea of the internet....I guess we don't get that either..right?
Will someone dart this loon already so he`ll quit talking to himself. 9 stupid ass posts in a row.

You just pointed out how many whites shoot whites. That's not a comparison to the culture in general and not in comparison to any other subgroup.
The US death rate is 10 times that of Sweden. Over half of the US deaths are white. Swedish deaths are majority white, but cannot possibly be at as high rate as the US.

It takes some extrapolation, but I presumed you could do it. Apparently not.

Why do whites behave differently in the US? Could it be the relatively easy access to guns? My guess is you say no, regardless.

You just pointed out how many whites shoot whites. That's not a comparison to the culture in general and not in comparison to any other subgroup.
The US death rate is 10 times that of Sweden. Over half of the US deaths are white. Swedish deaths are majority white, but cannot possibly be at as high rate as the US.

Why do whites behave differently in the US? Could it be the relatively easy access to guns? My guess is you say no, regardless.

They have just as easy access to guns in Europe.

...the thought that one of those guys would love to try a modern weapon just fucks up your thought patterns dont it?...

No, not really. It only affirms my belief that you think about guns like a 12 year old.
and you debate this like a 10 year old....true or false....would Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin love to shoot and inspect a modern day weapon?...now be a good 10 year old and refuse to answer this question and keep dancing around it,all because you know they would love too...

Different cultures.....the Europeans have far more deference to central authority, have had more cultural trauma due to direct contact with the 2 World Wars....it has created pacifism in the individual......but...they are importing more violent people from the 3rd world to commit the gun crimes ethnic Swedes won't commit........

Are you really this dumb? Read the title to the article. It says "Rare Gun Violence Erupts In Stockholm". Do you have even the remotest idea of what that means? I will help you. It means that they rarely have any gun violence. Here in the US, we have thousands of between 250 to 300 gun related deaths and/or injuries every single day. If we account for the large variance in population, that would account for approximately 25 to 30 gun related deaths and/or injuries per day in the US. Sweden has slightly more than this for a full year. So please continue to tell us how bad it is in Sweden and how good it is in the US when it comes to guns. :cuckoo:

Well, I suspect Mr. Hamilton would like to have had one on the morning he died while standing on the heights of Weehawken, New Jersey as Aaron Burr raised his pistol.
im sure Mr.Burr would have loved to shoot a modern handgun too...

Well, I suspect Mr. Hamilton would like to have had one on the morning he died while standing on the heights of Weehawken, New Jersey as Aaron Burr raised his pistol.
im sure Mr.Burr would have loved to shoot a modern handgun too...

They already knew about innovation, they grew up with even more primitive guns and the muskets they used were already being improved.....this whole line of debate is just more anti gun extremist crap....apply the same idea to any other right and it falls apart.

Is Europe actually more violent than the U.S.....

Historia Futura Praedicit: Is America Really More Violent Than Europe?

Scandinavia is well known as a collection of nations that are very safe to live in. I was surprised to see that their combined instances of violent crime was more than double that of the US. And that the Anglosphere had a violence rate about a 1/5th of Scandinavia. I had thought that the general cultural make up of Anglo nations would be more predisposed towards violence. But the data suggest otherwise. It was very interesting and confusing. I decided that one of the Scandinavian nations must be skewing the numbers upwards and so I decided to take a took deeper look.

As we can see, there was a nation skewing the data and to my surprise it was Sweden. But then Save Capitalism might have something to say if his post earlier this week is indicates anything. Nevertheless, I was surprised by the data. Sweden is often held as an example of what the US should be by many academics of left leaning individuals. It is progressive, economically healthy and tolerant. I, like many other Americans, simply assumed that Sweden would be a much less violent nation than the US.

Even more interesting is that the United Kingdom, known as the violence capital of Europe (at least Western Europe) is comparable to the other Scandinavian nations. The data I have seen so far suggests that the UK isn't as nearly as violent as portrayed, unless the Danes and Norwegians are far more violent than American media lets on, and this data warrants a deeper look at Europe as a whole because for some reason Europe has higher instances of violent crime than the US (once again assuming my data isn't horribly flawed).

...the thought that one of those guys would love to try a modern weapon just fucks up your thought patterns dont it?...

No, not really. It only affirms my belief that you think about guns like a 12 year old.
and you debate this like a 10 year old....true or false....would Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin love to shoot and inspect a modern day weapon?...now be a good 10 year old and refuse to answer this question and keep dancing around it,all because you know they would love too...

I suspect they would be more amazed by the telephone, TV, airplanes and the microwave oven, and more disheartened by the rise of Callous Conservatism and how the power elite (the new nobility) control and dishonor the Republic they left to us.

I suspect they would be more amazed by the telephone, TV, airplanes and the microwave oven, and more disheartened by the rise of Callous Conservatism and how the power elite (the new nobility) control and dishonor the Republic they left to us.
no doubt but we were talking about guns....

True, too much talk, too little resolution and too few contributors. What's your take on the issue of licensing?

True, too much talk, too little resolution and too few contributors. What's your take on the issue of licensing?
of guns?....

of guns?....

Yep. More explicitly, allow the State of CA and any state which wanted to, to require a license in order to legally own, possess or have in one's custody or control a gun while a resident or visitor to the St. of CA.

of guns?....

Yep. More explicitly, allow the State of CA and any state which wanted to, to require a license in order to legally own, possess or have in one's custody or control a gun while a resident or visitor to the St. of CA.
Wry my take on guns is this....you want to own a gun thats fine,but you will take the responsibility if you use it illegally,if you use it to commit a crime even if you dont fire it,25 years and you serve every dam minute of it,no time off for good behavior,no parole....every minute served.....and depending on the amount of damage you do more time added on......zero tolerance for violence against another person...

What death rate exactly are you referring to? If it's guns then obviously accessibility to guns would have an impact. But if you're talking murder and the guns weren't as available then something else would still supplant guns as a means. The issue then becomes what would inspire a disparity in murder rates in general. The answer in large part is that Sweden's homogenous demographics reduce the chance of the existence of any feral segregated subculture like the one we have here.

You mean the guys who said they saw no clause in the Constitution that would allowt them to use public funds for private acts of charity....?

Obviously, the rest of the world is doing something right and we're doing something wrong. More deaths=something wrong.

You mean the 12 million people Europe handed over to the German death camps....and almost all of them handed over unarmed, innocent men, women and children to be murdered.

And keep in mind....each year Americans use private guns to stop violent crime and save lives on average 2 million times a year.....lives saved, lives spared the horrors of violent attack......and one day may keep millions from being sent to new death camps.

Forum List

Back