More nanny state nonsense, grrrrrrr

Mom Accused Of Driving Minivan With Son And Plastic Pool Tied To Top

hell, my Dad wouldn't have strapped me down; he'd have told me to hold the open car window with one hand and the pool with another. We're raising a generation of pussies.

And the mom's sort of hot too.
We used to ride on the hood by holding on.

People are too pussified these days. We also used to go back and forth to the truck bed through the window while moving.

If she's convicted, that's terrible.

Does that bring back memories.....back as a somewhat wild, unstable kid I did too many dangerous, insane stoned/drunk things with moving cars (like Mailbox Baseball, pretty self-explanatory) to even keep track of, I should have been killed dozens of times over but I guess I got lucky! But nowadays it seems like society lost the concept of "dangerous fun." Which seems to me like a loss of spontaneous, random spirit.

Back to the thread subject at hand, I consider myself Libertarian in the basic sense that I prefer the most MINIMUM of government bureaucracy micro-managing my life. My favorite form of government is whichever one leaves me alone the most. It's just that simple.

"A mother in Wisconsin is.."

Pretty much puts the rest of the story in context.

Most common last words in Wisconsin.

"Hey, hold my beer!"

Back when I was in my 20’s, one of the neighbourhood hooligans was killed when he drove his car as fast as it would go, into a big pile of hay bales. Large quantities of beer were involved.

Nobody in the neighbourhood was surprised at this young guy’s untimely demise. It was only a matter of time. We were all grateful he didn’t take anyone else with him.

Swear to God, his last words were “Watch this!”.

"A mother in Wisconsin is.."

Pretty much puts the rest of the story in context.

Most common last words in Wisconsin.

"Hey, hold my beer!"

Back when I was in my 20’s, one of the neighbourhood hooligans was killed when he drove his car as fast as it would go, into a big pile of hay bales. Large quantities of beer were involved.

Nobody in the neighbourhood was surprised at this young guy’s untimely demise. It was only a matter of time. We were all grateful he didn’t take anyone else with him.

Swear to God, his last words were “Watch this!”.

Actually, I can honestly sympathize with that. Back in my late teens and early 20s multiple-drug, nose-powdering, acid-tripping, Grateful-Dead-following-around-the-Western-US, wildly crazed party days of the early '90s, I've also known a number of fellow young people who died in either crazy accidents or drug-related deaths. But I eventually grew up and for many years I've been a quiet, responsible, law-abiding citizen. Whose only party habits nowadays are minor amounts of beer or weed. My deadliest habit is a half-pack of cigarettes a day.

Like Ann Coutler, I'm a conservative who's still MADLY in love with live Grateful Dead performances.

Yes, now that I'm thinking of my "party days" over two and a half decades ago, I admit I did such pure LSD-25 my Nissan car used to drive by itself, while I kicked back and waved hi to all the colorful hallucinations outside. And being a stick-shift, I thought that gears 1-5 were 5 different realities instead of gears. And the letter R on the bottom right of the gearshift represented REVERSAL of time! Or whatever the TRUE magical meaning of a car's reverse gear is.

Oh Lord, seriously?

My kids are strange, cause, they were brought up like I was. Lots of fun and crazy things that were done and both are totally fine with great jobs (unlike most 20 somethings that are clueless or living at home)

Forum List

Back