How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

CO2 is a green house gas that is a fact. CO2 conc alone has increased from 300 ppm to 417 ppm in just 50 years fact. Also a fact is C13 isotope ratios in the atmosphere prove it's caused by the burning of the fossil fuels fact. Spin what you like changes nothing Man is the cause of the present increase in global warming.
Yes, CO2 is a GHG. A relatively weak GHG. For every doubling or halving of CO2 the theoretical surface temperature change will be 1C absent any convective currents. So what? You can't ignore the planet naturally cooling and warming depending upon what is happening in the northern hemisphere. There's too much empirical evidence for that.

Why would you assume all of the warming is from an incremental 120 ppm of atmospheric CO2? Especially since the warming trend began 400 years ago.

Yes, CO2 is a GHG. A relatively weak GHG. For every doubling or halving of CO2 the theoretical surface temperature change will be 1C absent any convective currents. So what? You can't ignore the planet naturally cooling and warming depending upon what is happening in the northern hemisphere. There's too much empirical evidence for that.

Why would you assume all of the warming is from an incremental 120 ppm of atmospheric CO2? Especially since the warming trend began 400 years ago.
CO2 is not the only GHG, CH4 and N20 are also at record concentrations as well. An increase of 120 ppm CO2 is a 33% increase in just 50 years which is a massive increase. Warming has increased exponentially in only the last 50 years.

CO2 is not the only GHG, CH4 and N20 are also at record concentrations as well. An increase of 120 ppm CO2 is a 33% increase in just 50 years which is a massive increase. Warming has increased exponentially in only the last 50 years.
The geologic record is littered with warming and cooling trends. Why are you ignoring that?

The geologic record is littered with warming and cooling trends. Why are you ignoring that?
I'm not but they didn't happen in 50 years and not because of Man combuting fossil fuels. Interesting how you deniers use science to support ancient global warming but refuse to accept the science that Man is causing it now.

I'm not but they didn't happen in 50 years and not because of Man combuting fossil fuels. Interesting how you deniers use science to support ancient global warming but refuse to accept the science that Man is causing it now.
Sure they did. The geologic record has evidence of 5C swings (warmer and cooler) or more over a period of several decades. That's way more than today and way faster than today.

Sure they did. The geologic record has evidence of 5C swings (warmer and cooler) or more over a period of several decades. That's way more than today and way faster than today.
I don't believe you and I am also sure whatever change did occur was not because of Man combusting fossil fuels.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back