More Nazism. No book burning, but removal from schools.

Here we go... Gotta get that race card in there.... If they banned Rosa Parks back in the day, then that has since been corrected. Certain material is great, and it should be presented and told in a balanced way, not in a highly volatile and racist way. We see what that has caused now. We got people thinking that slavery happened 3 days ago, and they are going to do something about it. LOL.
What is a “balanced way” and what is a “highly volatile racist way”?

Why are these books pulled? These are in high school libraries.

The Cider House Rules (John Irving 1985)

The Handmaid's Tale (by Margaret Atwood)

We Were Eight Years in Power: an American Tragedy (Ta-Nehisi Coates)

Nearly every book on the list, from children’s picture books to history tomes, features either Black or LGBTQ characters.

…The National Coalition Against Censorship denounced the attacks on the books in a December statement signed by hundreds of authors and groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union, People for the American Way, the National LGBTQ Task Force and the National Black Justice Coalition. According to the statement, most of the books being challenged are about "the lived experiences of racism or of growing up LGBTQIA and experiencing bias, discrimination, hate and even violence."

Out of Darkness,” for example, is a young adult novel about a love affair between two teenagers, a Mexican American girl and Black boy, set against the backdrop of the 1937 natural gas explosion at a New London, Texas, school. The disaster claimed nearly 300 lives.

The 2015 book attracted little or no controversy for several years after it was published. But beginning last fall, its presence in school libraries has been challenged in at least 16 school districts across a half-dozen states. Author Ashley Hope Pérez acknowledged in a phone interview that the novel explicitly deals with subjects such as sexual abuse and racism but pointed out that it has received favorable reviews and literary awards.

These books deal complex and real situations, either facing us today, or in our history. In addition some of these books likely touch upon topics some of these kids may have experienced but can’t talk about.

When I was in high school our reading list included books considered controversial at the time:

Catcher in the Rye
To Kill a Mockingbird
One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
Clockwork Orange
Of Mice and Men
Lolita
Grapes of Wrath
The Diary of Ann Frank

Are kids these days too soft to read anything that sparks controversy, discussion and thought? I don’t think so. I think it is the parents who can’t.

Given that the majority of the books target are either by black authors, feature black charecters or LGBTQ charecters….why do you accuse me of using the race card?

Last edited:
I think it is the parents who can’t.
Exactly. A buttload of KARENS who are "offended" by grief, strife, torturous conditions, thievery, bullying, manipulations, etc. They want their kids to grow up stupid and comfycozy in their own little pretend world where all is unicorns and butterflies. Life is not like that..and most of it is NOT like that for many people of different walks of life.

Exactly. A buttload of KARENS who are "offended" by grief, strife, torturous conditions, thievery, bullying, manipulations, etc. They want their kids to grow up stupid and comfycozy in their own little pretend world where all is unicorns and butterflies. Life is not like that..and most of it is NOT like that for many people of different walks of life.
Except why do they want to expose middle school children to the horrors of life, and then create “safe spaces” for college students whose fweeeelings are hurt? For G-d’s sake, some colleges cancelled classes the day after Trump won so students could deal with their dismay. (I didn’t hear of any colleges closing canceling classes when Biden won, btw.)

Except why do they want to expose middle school children to the horrors of life, and then create “safe spaces” for college students whose fweeeelings are hurt? For G-d’s sake, some colleges cancelled classes the day after Trump won so students could deal with their dismay. (I didn’t hear of any colleges closing canceling classes when Biden won, btw.)
There is no understanding of a democrat mind. There IS understanding that they want us all dead....dems and conservs as well. HALF the population. The Thanos Effect.

Except why do they want to expose middle school children to the horrors of life, and then create “safe spaces” for college students whose fweeeelings are hurt?

These new legislative attempts include not only books being pulled but also muzzling what can taught and discussed in some universities. In terms of “safe spaces”, schools have always had them…they just didn’t ban books and knowledge. Who’s “fweeeeelings” are being hurt….those who who are creating laws banning the discussion of history or concepts that might make you “uncomfortable”? “Safe spaces“ don’t ban books.

For G-d’s sake, some colleges cancelled classes the day after Trump won so students could deal with their dismay. (I didn’t hear of any colleges closing canceling classes when Biden won, btw.)

No. When Biden won you lot dealt with your dismay by ransacking the Capitol.

One issue with banning these books is that by doing the concepts and issues will cease to exist in the lives of the students…or that their innocence will be breached. Reality is it is almost certainly already breached, with through television and social media or through their own direct experiences. Is it better for them to work this through in solitude or with the help of discussion groups, teachers and parents? What about the student who is a victim of sexual abuse or pedophilia? Reading about isn’t going to alter what happened, but make them feel they aren’t the ones at fault and they aren’t alone. Those are some of what these people want banned.

I tend to have two issues with the school systems, here. The first of these involves introducing material to children at too early an age. The headlong rush to sexualize young children, in particular, is certainly not undertaken with children's best interests in mind.

The second issue has to with the inherent bias in exposing children to a steady diet of material that paints a picture of America as a nation that is systematically racist. There is an obvious agenda involved and this one has little to do with children's welfare, either, especially inasmuch as much of it distorts and is not allowed to be questioned.

As to banning specific books, I think some may go a bit too far, but until more teachers see their role as teaching instead of shaping opinion, about the only way to tackle the extreme bias involves limiting the arsenal they use to indoctrinate.

Agree, or course. If you look at the IQ rankings, math/physics/engineering majors top the list, and if you are going to teach those subjects at the college level, you have had to take those courses yourself.

And true re the freshmen and sophomore classes. One often doesn’t get a full-fledged professor until junior and senior years, particularly in the large state universities.
I find that sort of logic to be highly flawed.You mean
until College a student is not taught by experts.
Because High school doesn't have Professors.Per se.
Go back and hear/read how many highly successful
people credit a high school teacher for their molding
of character and acheivement.
I think Dennis Prager has the best take.Going to college
can be more than likely a crap shoot.Because most
College/University educators are Indoctrinators.
Pushing an Unamerican Dream.Colleges and Universities
can be a waste.Teaching things that are untrue and
one-sided.Like CRT,for example.Or Saul Alinsky
- Rules for Radicals -.Where Hillary Clintons Senior
Thesis at Wellesley College in 1969 concerned views
advocated by Saul Alinsky titled ...:
There is Only the Fight { 92 pg.Analysis of the Alinsky model

I’ll agree with this. Coddling college students with “safe spaces” and days off to deal with the trauma of a President they don’t like getting elected is the last thing those soft kids need. They’re unprepared enough for the real world as it is

I don’t agree that the book in question exposes anyone to trauma, of course. But the perception that the education system pampers college students more than actual children is pretty spot on.

I tend to have two issues with the school systems, here. The first of these involves introducing material to children at too early an age. The headlong rush to sexualize young children, in particular, is certainly not undertaken with children's best interests in mind.

The second issue has to with the inherent bias in exposing children to a steady diet of material that paints a picture of America as a nation that is systematically racist. There is an obvious agenda involved and this one has little to do with children's welfare, either, especially inasmuch as much of it distorts and is not allowed to be questioned.

As to banning specific books, I think some may go a bit too far, but until more teachers see their role as teaching instead of shaping opinion, about the only way to tackle the extreme bias involves limiting the arsenal they use to indoctrinate.
I agree.Liberals taking over Universities started in the
Radical 60's. And have progressively gotten more Liberal.
The last decade has been a constant parade of Leftist.
Starting with the Outting of those like a Ward Churchill.
David Horowitz is a master at explaining this.
He should know.He was an admitted Radical in the
60's and was raised by Parents who were closet Communist.
He eventually wised up.And has been a Champion of
how to spot these Leftist trends and movements in and
around College campus.His books { Works} are vast.
Of particular note are :
- Radical Son: A Generational Odyssey { 1996 }
- The Professors: The 101 Most Dangerous Academics
in America { 2006 }
- The Enemy Within: How a Totalitarian Movement is
Destroying America { 2021 }.

A black woman writes a book atbout black struggles and they ban it. So..black women are not to speak of the horrors they faced because it might upset someone? Tough shit. We ALL need to know....black, white, asian, hispanic, etc. And the younger the better (like 14 years old) so maybe THEIR generation can learn from the previous generations. But, just sweep it under the rug instead.
Nothing wrong with history, but it just depends on whose telling it, how graphic it is, how detailed it is, thus causing the ratings that should determine age appropriate level's, and the year level to teach it in, otherwise when it comes to student's learning such history at the appropriate time. No one should ban history, but they should always be mindful on how it gets taught, and at what age levels should each subject be taught at. We use to know these things, so what the heck has happened ??

Nearly every book on the list, from children’s picture books to history tomes, features either Black or LGBTQ characters.

…The National Coalition Against Censorship denounced the attacks on the books in a December statement signed by hundreds of authors and groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union, People for the American Way, the National LGBTQ Task Force and the National Black Justice Coalition. According to the statement, most of the books being challenged are about "the lived experiences of racism or of growing up LGBTQIA and experiencing bias, discrimination, hate and even violence."

Out of Darkness,” for example, is a young adult novel about a love affair between two teenagers, a Mexican American girl and Black boy, set against the backdrop of the 1937 natural gas explosion at a New London, Texas, school. The disaster claimed nearly 300 lives.

The 2015 book attracted little or no controversy for several years after it was published. But beginning last fall, its presence in school libraries has been challenged in at least 16 school districts across a half-dozen states. Author Ashley Hope Pérez acknowledged in a phone interview that the novel explicitly deals with subjects such as sexual abuse and racism but pointed out that it has received favorable reviews and literary awards.

These books deal complex and real situations, either facing us today, or in our history. In addition some of these books likely touch upon topics some of these kids may have experienced but can’t talk about.

When I was in high school our reading list included books considered controversial at the time:

Catcher in the Rye
To Kill a Mockingbird
Clockwork Orange
Of Mice and Men
Lolita
Grapes of Wrath
The Diary of Ann Frank

Are kids these days too soft to read anything that sparks controversy, discussion and thought? I don’t think so. I think it is the parents who can’t.

Given that the majority of the books target are either by black authors, feature black charecters or LGBTQ charecters….why do you accuse me of using the race card?
You've muddied the waters so bad, that it deflected from my simple analogy of what you had attempted to do. My point still stands, and your dancing around doesn't lessen it's affect of what you attempted to do.

Catcher in the Rye
To Kill a Mockingbird
Clockwork Orange
Of Mice and Men
Lolita
Grapes of Wrath
The Diary of Ann Frank

Austin Leftards banned books, color me shocked.

Nothing wrong with history, but it just depends on whose telling it, how graphic it is, how detailed it is, thus causing the ratings that should determine age appropriate level's, and the year level to teach it in, otherwise when it comes to student's learning such history at the appropriate time. No one should ban history, but they should always be mindful on how it gets taught, and at what age levels should each subject be taught at. We use to know these things, so what the heck has happened ??
If the extreme is to take away books, then what about violent video games? Drag shows? Gay parades where men walk around with socks on their dicks and parents smiling and laughing and applauding their "pride"? VERY violent movies, cartoons, songs? Kids see all this shit at very young ages. By 8 years old, death means diddly squat to them. So to "protect" them from books is ludicrous, especially the ones they are currently banning. Ban the books? Fine. Ban games, vids, movies, tv shows, etc.

The King James Bible has some pretty racy stuff. Incest, adultery, murder, Sodomites on the prowl demanding to have sex with residents out of town visitors. I wonder how those folks who want to ban books say about it. ;)

This guy is at the beach. Where there are kids. Let's ban him, too. Oh. Wait.

1643610960358.png

So here is the POS who is part of the NWO who is pushing the "reset." To think this pervert thinks it is OK to interfere in our lives!

Forum List

Back