More People Paying for Groceries in Installments

I spent about 75 bucks a week at the grocery 2 years ago and I came home with 4 to 5 plastic bags.

Last weekend I spent 130 and came home with 3.

All food stuff.
I’ve gotten much stronger this last year or so. I used to have to make two trips to bring $75 worth of groceries from the car into the house, and now I can carry $100 worth in ONE trip!

Hey Man ! its no big deal!! I saw Biden on TV today saying Bidenomics is really working and he's gonna be really focusing now! None a that Top down stuff man! what can be wrong? Groceries? groceries? this is America, just eat out.
It's expensive to just eat out at McDonalds anymore.

And they call us rednecks because we use our useless back yard space to grow our own food.

I bought a cow two years ago that came in at roughly $5 a pound, and a lot of her still sits in my freezer. Got a lot of honey and whole chickens cheap at the Hutterite colony. I have to buy fresh fruit and coffee and that's pretty much it. Occasional junk food.

HMPH!

IDK. I have noticed hamburger has gone up like 60 cents a pound in the last couple weeks at my meat place and that was the big bulk size pack of the 30% fat kind. Ground round wasn't much more but when I do meatballs I prefer the 30% fat burger meat.

Meat prices are getting out of hand. We buy burger at Costco and it runs about $5/lb, 12% fat. It kills me when I see the price for tri tip--it was always the go to bbq meat when people came over. Tasty, juicy and cheap. Its still the first two, not so much the third.

Meat prices are getting out of hand. We buy burger at Costco and it runs about $5/lb, 12% fat. It kills me when I see the price for tri tip--it was always the go to bbq meat when people came over. Tasty, juicy and cheap. Its still the first two, not so much the third.
And the workers making a pittance do not aff CT the price. Not by even a dime.

Ya thunked the doubling of food prices was no big deal?

Klarna and other BNPL services are increasingly being tapped for groceries — usage surged 40 percent in the first two months of 2023, according to data from Adobe Analytics.

The Supply Side: More consumers use buy-now-pay-later for essentials - Talk Business & Politics

promo_storyful-244519-we_did_it_joe_kamala_harris_calls_biden_as_she_makes_history_sq-3f9ddeb8dad2476fb998bdcdfc9f23031249fc5d.jpg

I’ve gotten much stronger this last year or so. I used to have to make two trips to bring $75 worth of groceries from the car into the house, and now I can carry $100 worth in ONE trip!

And thats a damn shame.

It's a shame to see things as they are now compared to when I was younger all you had to do was have a decent job, be responsible and you could get a full cart each week, go on a vacation, pay the mortgage on a modest house with a little bit of land and be able to retire.

And that was attainable for most Americans. Now a lot struggle with those things due to multiple factors. And that's what happens when politicians like the current administration are only interested in their own gain. They don't care about the country. Damn I miss trump.

Ok. But some wackos believe in lower labor costs. They don't like seeing american workers getting ahead. And there are tons, TONS of them. Not my fellow folk.
When an entry level job at a hamburger stand pays $20/hr as they do in our area, that will cause price increases. Go to any fast food outlet and dispute that.

Then tell the owner to pay less. How hard is that to figure out.
Tell the democrat legislature and governor that when they double the minimum wage, the employer doesn't have a choice. Hence, neither does the consumer--end result INFLATION. That is not the ONLY reason for inflation, but it is one of the top contributors along with energy costs.

Or the owner shouldn't hire which is fine. He or she can do the work themselves and you can eat somewhere else.
And when that happens, a sector of the populace, entry-level employees don't work and become a burden on society down the road because they never get their foot in the employment door. That creates other problems -- homelessness, poverty, people stuck on the dole for generations. Democrats haven't got a clue--knee jerk morons.

And when that happens, a sector of the populace, entry-level employees don't work and become a burden on society down the road because they never get their foot in the employment door. That creates other problems -- homelessness, poverty, people stuck on the dole for generations. Democrats haven't got a clue--knee jerk morons.
Oh, got it people become a burden. Effort is tied to wages. Less wages less effort. More effort more wages. Capitalism101.

Forum List

Back