More than 20 dead after shooting at Sutherland Springs church

I know what the Second Amendment is for. I've had to study it quite extensively in getting my degree in criminal justice, but the Constitution was also written to be amended to meet the change in technology throughout time. The Constitution doesn't say you can't have a tank or a bazooka, do you think people should be allowed to have those too? Like military assault rifles?

Where does it say that constitution was written to be amended to meet technological change?
Article V

Nope, it say when and how can be changed. Nothing about meeting technological changes.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Nothing will happen until cons start loving their children more than the NRA
------------------------------------------ MY kids are fine Mark . As i said yesterday , 330 million assorted type people in the USA and sadly some 30 died at the hands of a murderer yesterday . I wonder how many people died in the cars going home from Church yesterday Mark !!

So it was an old fashioned domestic dispute that caused this?

Didn't you claim it was a racially motivated shooting....a WHITE SHOOTER on a BLACK CHURCH?

What happened to that narrative you posted?

Yea...here it is...

Yesterday at 3:58 pm, you posted:

"Baptist church. Another Dylan Roof. Black church goers better get the message to start packing heat when they go to church."

Well, the current narrative is that the scumbag hated his mother in law, so he went to her church she was not at to kill everyone else

'Domestic situation' linked to Texas church massacre
From what I understand he fired on the church from 2 different directions before going in and shooting people. If it was a domestic situation wouldnt he make sure to shoot her first? I'm wondering why this is the conclusion?

I know what the Second Amendment is for. I've had to study it quite extensively in getting my degree in criminal justice, but the Constitution was also written to be amended to meet the change in technology throughout time. The Constitution doesn't say you can't have a tank or a bazooka, do you think people should be allowed to have those too? Like military assault rifles?

Where does it say that constitution was written to be amended to meet technological change?
Article V

Nope, it say when and how can be changed. Nothing about meeting technological changes.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Are all you cons this dumb?

Didn't you claim it was a racially motivated shooting....a WHITE SHOOTER on a BLACK CHURCH?

Yea...here it is...

"Baptist church. Another Dylan Roof. Black church goers better get the message to start packing heat when they go to church."
In your attempt to get mileage from my post I guess you forgot to read where I said I saw that it was a Baptist church and forgot whites in the south are usually Baptists?

Yea...here it is...

----------------------------------------------- yeah , Sometimes Ace is pretty funny . I look on the bright side as i figger that maybe Ace will learn a thing or 2 by coming to the Board Colonel .

Article V

See...this guy is practicing perfect PROG logic...the sample defines the population.

...I should probably ignore anyone who immediately called this a racially motivated shooting.

Well, the current narrative is that the scumbag hated his mother in law, so he went to her church she was not at to kill everyone else

'Domestic situation' linked to Texas church massacre
From what I understand he fired on the church from 2 different directions before going in and shooting people. If it was a domestic situation wouldnt he make sure to shoot her first? I'm wondering why this is the conclusion?
LOL, so am I.

We can always use the crazy AND stupid option.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but grasping at straws early in an investigation fits

As Sonny & Cher once said "The beat goes on." Yet another 'mass shooting' and nothing will be done about it. 58 in Las Vegas, 26 in Texas another two dozen children in Connecticut and nothing is done.

The body counts betray the problem. Weapons designed for the battlefield in the hands of anybody who wants one. Such a high body count could not have happened without these weapons.

But the NRA tells our political leaders that they will be out of work should they try to rid our streets of these weapons. Our gun lovers will tell us that the 2nd amendment shows clearly that we have an uninfringible right to have them. We will be told that as we can design no law to absolutely prevent these tragedies, we should try nothing. The perfect being the enemy of the good.

And so we must factor in mass shootings as the cost of doing business. We have sown the seeds of violent gun deaths in the fields of our gun loving society. And we must now reap the whirlwind.

So let's talk about football players kneeling. Let's talk about the merits of universal healthcare. Let's talk about removing confederate monuments. But let's not talk about the scourge of high powered weapons on our streets because a few people cannot conceive of a solution.

Guns are cool and guns have consequences but guns are an absolute right never to be questioned by responsible citizens. The cost of doing business.

What kind of assault rifle did Tim McVeigh use?
And how many truck bombings happen?

How many will it take for you to get the fucking point?
How many "mass shootings" will it take for you to realize it's the assault weapon that puts the "mass" in "mass shooting"?

No one is disputing the point that guns with higher capacities and higher firing rates can kill more people in less time than lesser capable fire arms can.

Are they?

But you think you can end that problem with simple fucking legislation and taking away rights and freedoms from people like me and other law abiding citizens and that makes YOU an even bigger threat in the end.

Criminals are not called criminals for no reason. You will not get their fucking guns off the street by taking away MY right to have one if I Want to.
What is the virtue of high capacity magazines and semi-automatic firing systems, or modified semi-automatic firing systems such as the Las Vegas shooter used? Why are they good? Why should anyone with means have one?

And how do those dubious virtues trump the safety of the general public?

------------------------------------------ MY kids are fine Mark . As i said yesterday , 330 million assorted type people in the USA and sadly some 30 died at the hands of a murderer yesterday . I wonder how many people died in the cars going home from Church yesterday Mark !!
So you claim we can also cancel the war on terrorism since those numbers are even lower?

Yea...here it is...

In your attempt to get mileage from my post I guess you forgot to read where I said I saw that it was a Baptist church and forgot whites in the south are usually Baptists?
--------------------------------------- got nothing to do with just the south although Baptists are probably more numerous in the South . Heck , we got Baptist where i am now and where i grew up Ace .

How many "mass shootings" will it take for you to realize it's the assault weapon that puts the "mass" in "mass shooting"?

No one is disputing the point that guns with higher capacities and higher firing rates can kill more people in less time than lesser capable fire arms can.

Are they?

But you think you can end that problem with simple fucking legislation and taking away rights and freedoms from people like me and other law abiding citizens and that makes YOU an even bigger threat in the end.

Criminals are not called criminals for no reason. You will not get their fucking guns off the street by taking away MY right to have one if I Want to.
What is the virtue of high capacity magazines and semi-automatic firing systems, or modified semi-automatic firing systems such as the Las Vegas shooter used? Why are they good? Why should anyone with means have one?

I view guns as a necessary evil. There is no reason for a civilian to have high capacity, high firing weapons. Those that feel they need them are compensating for tiny genitals.

Yea...here it is...

--------------------------------------- got nothing to do with just the south although Baptists are probably more numerous in the South . Heck , we got Baptist where i am now and where i grew up Ace .
Only Baptists I know of in large numbers are Blacks and white southerners.

Article V

Check the answer to my question. after you read the Article V, answer this:

Where does it say in article V - "Change the constitution when technology improve?"

So you claim we can also cancel the war on terrorism since those numbers are even lower?
----------------------------------------------------- go ahead , i don't care . I'd stop importation of likely terrorists and deal with home grown terrorists when they pop up in the USA Mark . ----------------- and if you mean war on terror overseas . thats the Presidents call and i support whatever President Trump does Mark

Are they?

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of any of that. The 2nd amendment and the events detailed in the Declaration of Independence is all I need. Everything else is noise and fluff.

Yea...here it is...

Only Baptists I know of in large numbers are Blacks and white southerners.
---------------------------------------------- WELL , now you know a bit more info Ace .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back