More than a Year After DADT Pentagon to Extend Benefits to SS Couples

Forced acceptance.. anti-discrimination laws etc... all based around a CHOICE.. not a race, not a gender, but a CHOICE...

It has never been about being able to be with whomever you want to be with... it has been about forcing others to recognize, accept, etc... hence why when 'civil union' status is proposed, the screams come from the rafters that it is not enough... Even if government-wise, it is treated the same as a marriage.. "Civil unions have created a second-class status"...... If you don't see and admit this, you are only lying to yourself

What next?? Anti-discrimination against people who go get facial tattoos???

It isn't a choice. Acting upon it is, but the orientation itself is innate, just like race.

How is anyone being forced? That still hasn't been answered.

Separate but equal has been tried. Didn't work. I'd be fine with Civil Union... For everyone.

I am fine with civil union for everyone as well.. BUT MANY MANY are not.. as seen SO many times

FORCED acceptance... it has been answered.. you just do not happen to like the answer... if someone is forced to accept and recognize the 'status' and forced to give benefit for it, forced to not discriminate upon it as they can with other choices others make, it is FORCED ACCEPTANCE

And, as I asked before.. if it is not a choice or learned behavior, show the gene.. I am still waiting

Sorry, but you've got the definition wrong. Acceptance equals agreement. You don't have to agree, just follow the law. You don't have to agree with giving blacks, Muslims, Jews or SadoMasochists benefits, but tough noogies. Equal treatment and protections. Ya gotta tolerate, you don't have to agree.

It certainly isn't the gheys fighting against Civil Unions for all.

And, as I asked before.. if it is not a choice or learned behavior, show the gene.. I am still waiting

New discoveries every day.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-12/being-born-gay-isnt-your-genes-its-them?cmpid=mobify

Why don't you believe me, an actual gay person? First hand, eye witness account not good enough?

I did not choose to be attracted to women, and yet have been from my earliest memories. No choice was made. Could you CHOOSE to be attracted, emotionally and physically, to a man?

Where would I have "learned" to be attracted at a young age?

No way my sexuality is/was a choice. That is bull shit
Choice means I contemplated schlong and thought about that as a choice of what my sexuality would be.
NO FUCKING WAY.
And no offense to gay folks that are attracted to their same sex.
I never CHOSE my sexuality.
I, like 99% or 93.71289% or whatever WAS BORN THIS WAY.
For those that believe theirs was a choice please tell us in detail how long you contemplated being with the same sex before you chose the opposite sex.

No way my sexuality is/was a choice. That is bull shit
Choice means I contemplated schlong and thought about that as a choice of what my sexuality would be.
NO FUCKING WAY.
And no offense to gay folks that are attracted to their same sex.
I never CHOSE my sexuality.
I, like 99% or 93.71289% or whatever WAS BORN THIS WAY.
For those that believe theirs was a choice please tell us in detail how long you contemplated being with the same sex before you chose the opposite sex.

And how did you choose? Coin flip?

The list of benefits has come out. Here's some:

Member-Designated Benefits

• Service Members Group Life Insurance Beneficiary
  • Veterans’ Group Life Insurance Beneficiary
  • Survivor Benefit Plan Beneficiary for Retirees
  • Casualty Notification
  • Designation of Persons Having Interest in Status of a Missing Member
  • Hospital Visitation Privileges
  • Designation of Persons Authorized to Direct Disposition of Remains of Members of the Armed Force
  • Presentation of the Flag of the United States

Additional Benefits for Same-Sex Domestic Partners

• Dependent ID cards
  • Commissary Privileges
  • Exchange Privileges
  • Morale, Welfare, and Recreation programs
  • Emergency Leave
  • Youth Programs
  • Family Center Programs
  • Child Care
  • Legal Assistance
  • Joint Duty Assignments

It doesn't say if these extend to retirees, but I'm gonna find out. If they are, we're going to Hawaii...Space A!! :D

Forum List

Back