More than a Year After DADT Pentagon to Extend Benefits to SS Couples

I don't agree with your opinion on gay soldiers, but I respect your opinion and consistency. I hope you are as consistent on gay marriage though. Gays are tax paying Americans, so wouldn't it make as much sense that they would get the same marriage benefits as any other American?

I am for equal treatment... I want government out of marriage except in governmental matters such as taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, etc... let decisions on what people want to call what or want to accept be up to them... no forced acceptance of behavior..

I believe you have the right to be with whomever you wish.. make a family with whomever you wish... love whomever you wish.. but I cannot force someone to accept a gay couple just as I don't think anyone should be forced to accept my interracial marriage... my relationship does not need governmental support or someone to 'have my back'.. I just need to be treated like every other citizen by government itself
Don't you think it's already up to the religious institution to call it whatever they want?

You won't find a law in the land dictating whether a church which wants to perform a marriage ceremony for a gay couple insist they call it one thing or another.

You or the religious institution can call it whatever you want... but you don't get to force more or whomever else to call it that, accept it, condone it, tolerate it, or whatever... which the way the 'gay rights' advocates go, they are trying to force this acceptance.. which is the ONLY thing I really don't believe in

I am for equal treatment... I want government out of marriage except in governmental matters such as taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, etc... let decisions on what people want to call what or want to accept be up to them... no forced acceptance of behavior..

I believe you have the right to be with whomever you wish.. make a family with whomever you wish... love whomever you wish.. but I cannot force someone to accept a gay couple just as I don't think anyone should be forced to accept my interracial marriage... my relationship does not need governmental support or someone to 'have my back'.. I just need to be treated like every other citizen by government itself
Don't you think it's already up to the religious institution to call it whatever they want?

You won't find a law in the land dictating whether a church which wants to perform a marriage ceremony for a gay couple insist they call it one thing or another.

You or the religious institution can call it whatever you want... but you don't get to force more or whomever else to call it that, accept it, condone it, tolerate it, or whatever... which the way the 'gay rights' advocates go, they are trying to force this acceptance.. which is the ONLY thing I really don't believe in

What exactly does "force someone to accept a gay couple" mean? And what is it that gays are doing that interracial couples did not do that makes you think they are "forcing" people to accept gay marriages?

Do you seriously think the reason why DOMA and Prop 8 are sitting in the hands of the SCOTUS right now is because no one can agree on what to call it??

I have news for you: the Supreme Court is going to rule on whether to extend benefits to gay couples, taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, etc. (all the things you said you support) AFTER the gay couple gets MARRIED by whichever church wants to perform the ceremony. If you don't like the fact that your church marries gay couples, then go find a church which doesn't. The government doesnt give a shit what you want to call it.

What exactly does "force someone to accept a gay couple" mean? And how are gays trying to achieve this?

Discrimination lawsuits if you don't want to rent your house to a gay couple, etc... the list of areas of forced acceptance is long

Look.. I have no problem with people being with whomever they want.. that is a personal choice.. but people discriminate against the choice behaviors of others every day.. and this is no different.. IMHO, you don't get 'protection' from a choice...

As stated.. keep government involvement in this and all marriages to governmental things, contracts, taxes, power of attorney, inheritance, etc.. leave what people wish to accept or not accept in terms of the actions of others, up to them

Do you seriously think the reason why DOMA and Prop 8 are sitting in the hands of the SCOTUS right now is because no one can agree on what to call it??

I have news for you: the Supreme Court is going to rule on whether to extend benefits to gay couples, taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, etc. (all the things you said you support) AFTER the gay couple gets MARRIED by whichever church wants to perform the ceremony. If you don't like the fact that your church marries gay couples, then go find a church which doesn't. The government doesnt give a shit what you want to call it.

You can call it a flimmityflugle for all I care.. you can call traditional marriages family units or whatever else too.. I don't give a fuck... as stated.. this is about forcing others to accept the behaviors and CHOICES of another... that, government should not be allowed to do.. jut as if I don't have to hire someone with facial piercings because my customers would not like such a thing, or rent to a snake breeder, or whatever else, nor should someone be told they cannot discriminate against these actions which I may or may not like or agree with...

Treat everyone the same in this, with whatever government recognized family units or whatever... and only in matters of government.. otherwise, get government the fuck out of 'marriage' or 'domestic partnerships' or whatever other term you or anyone else wishes to use

What exactly does "force someone to accept a gay couple" mean? And how are gays trying to achieve this?

Discrimination lawsuits if you don't want to rent your house to a gay couple, etc... the list of areas of forced acceptance is long

And so you would be opposed to an interracial couple filing a discrimination lawsuit if someone refused to sell or rent their properties to blacks or interracial couples?

You would not want lunch counters to be forced to accept blacks?

The list of areas of forced acceptance of blacks and interracial couples is long. Are you opposed to those measures as well?

I asked for what gay couples are doing differently than interracial couples. You implied they were forcing themselves in ways that interracial couples did not.

What civil rights efforts are gays doing that go beyond the efforts of the black civil rights movement? Because this "force" thing sounds an awful lot like the white bigots' rhetoric.

Last edited:

You can call it a flimmityflugle for all I care.. you can call traditional marriages family units or whatever else too.. I don't give a fuck... as stated.. this is about forcing others to accept the behaviors and CHOICES of another... that, government should not be allowed to do.. jut as if I don't have to hire someone with facial piercings because my customers would not like such a thing, or rent to a snake breeder, or whatever else, nor should someone be told they cannot discriminate against these actions which I may or may not like or agree with...

Treat everyone the same in this, with whatever government recognized family units or whatever... and only in matters of government.. otherwise, get government the fuck out of 'marriage' or 'domestic partnerships' or whatever other term you or anyone else wishes to use
Why are you having such a hard time understanding that GOVERNMENT DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT IT'S CALLED EITHER?

Can you possibly even begin to understand that?

The reason why DOMA is in SCOTUS right now is to decide whether to extend tax benefits and inheritance benefits and power of attorney benefits to gay couples too.

You said yourself that you support that. You said you think all people should be treated fairly.

So which is it? Do you think gay married couples have a right to file a joint tax return?

Gay marriage is a secular issue. The government made every marriage a secular matter when it started handing out cash and prizes to marriages.

So this "just don't call it marriage" crap is the language of a very confused person. This is not about your religion. If you didn't want government involved in marriage or deciding what is a marriage, you have had a really, really, really long time to stop it before now. But you have been enjoying all those special privileges from the government, haven't you. Ayup.

Now that others are asking to share in the same special privileges you have been receiving from the government all this time, suddenly it's all wrong for them to receive those privileges! And all because you hate fags.

Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's about the money. It's always been about the money.

Married soldiers, soldiers supporting children, they make more money, they carry health insurance for their children, they get to live off base, family days, there are tons of benefits earmarked for married soldiers. It's unfair to deny those benefits to soldiers who are gay.

BEcause they're not married? Wouldnt that be a good reason?

Married soldiers, soldiers supporting children, they make more money, they carry health insurance for their children, they get to live off base, family days, there are tons of benefits earmarked for married soldiers. It's unfair to deny those benefits to soldiers who are gay.

Circular logic.

While I do not agree with the Pentagon on their stance of homosexual soldiers.. if they are going to have it, they have to give the same benefits

I don't agree with your opinion on gay soldiers, but I respect your opinion and consistency. I hope you are as consistent on gay marriage though. Gays are tax paying Americans, so wouldn't it make as much sense that they would get the same marriage benefits as any other American?

Please explain how anyone is forced to accept either interracial or gay marriage.

Despite your desire to get government out out of marriage, it does sound as though you got legally married. Why?

Personally I think that the Muslims have this Gay bullshit nailed. I do realize that's after about ten years of the fags trying to force everyone to think as they do. If you would just go live your degenerate lives and leave us normal people alone we would be content to leave you alone as well. Now all we have between you and us are the Muslims thank God. I know I don't speak for everyone but everyone I know feels just about the same way. Go live your life and leave us the fuck alone.

Circular logic.

It actually isn't. Although to someone crooked straight things seem off.
If people aren't legally married why should they get marriage benefits just because they are occupying the same apt and sharing the same bed?

Six states allow gay couples to get married. A few others allow for civil unions or domestic partnerships. They most certainly could be married.

Personally I think that the Muslims have this Gay bullshit nailed. I do realize that's after about ten years of the fags trying to force everyone to think as they do. If you would just go live your degenerate lives and leave us normal people alone we would be content to leave you alone as well. Now all we have between you and us are the Muslims thank God. I know I don't speak for everyone but everyone I know feels just about the same way. Go live your life and leave us the fuck alone.

Give us equal rights and protections and we will.

Six states allow gay couples to get married. A few others allow for civil unions or domestic partnerships. They most certainly could be married.

Although that's a violation of Federal law. But when have gays or Obama ever cared about that?

Many of Bigfoot's kind of people also think the Muslims have the right idea about Jews...

Many of Bigfoot's kind of people also think the Muslims have the right idea about Jews...

Wrong again. I would fight for Israel.

Forum List

Back