Morningland Dairy raided and another family business destroyed 01/25/13

Damn that government interference!

It's much better to have people die..

It's the conservative way!

Buyer beware!

Hey if people want to drink raw milk then let them as long as they are making an informed decision it's nobody's business.

And when they feed it to their babies who are unable to consent?

Parents do all kinds of shit to their kids even though they can't consent.

Hell the fucking government forces kids to go to school even though they can't consent. Is it your business if a parent feeds a kid nothing but McDonald's , KFC and taco Bell?

In short it's still none of your business.

Some people just don't get it, do they?

Did they plant the staph and listeria in the milk, too?
And pssssst, raw milk sales are not illegal, rube.

Yes, they are. You can either get your own cow, buy a share of a cow and get it that way, or buy it as "pet food". Otherwise, it is illegal to sell to another human being for consumption. And if there was listeria present, it could be due to many things. Raw milk from pastured cows is much safer than the antibiotic filled, growth hormone laden homogenized crap you buy at the grocery store. I can guarantee you that. Everyone drank raw milk before pasteuerization.

If you want raw milk to be sold retail, then you have to put consumer protections in place since the consumer is getting the milk indirectly. That shit needs to be inspected carefully just like every other food product. If it is such great stuff, then why the fear of inspection? Hmmmm...

If you buy the raw milk directly from the farmer, then you know the source. You can make an informed decision.

In retail, especially in interstate commerce, that is not the case.

Look, folks, I buy my beef and pork directly from local farms. Grass fed cows, no antibiotics or growth hormones. I'm real big on that shit. The taste can't be beat. But they are USDA inspected farms. I don't know how to inspect meat, and it would be stupid to expect me to know how.

I live in the real world, and we cannot have unregulated food being sold to unwitting consumers.

From what I can tell they were selling it from their farm and not through a retailer.

Yes, I do think they are too stupid to feed their children properly. I know a lot of parents who are too stupid to immunize their children, and who give their children homeopathic medications. And there are children who have died as the result of faith healing in lieu of being taken to a doctor.

You really have to ask that question?

How many have died due to the ministrations of doctors and hospitals?

A lot less than would have died if they were all treated with faith healing or homeopathy.

Critical thinking is not the strong suit of people like you and them.

Think we should send the FDA to put them out of business, too?

My parents were raised on raw milk, as were all of their generation. Somehow, they managed to live through it.

I expect their parents would've happily shot anyone with the temerity to suggest they were too stupid to raise thier children.

I think statists are too stupid to vote, but I'm not going to send anyone around to arrest them for it.

I remind you that the dairy which was raided had diseases in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE SAMPLES TAKEN.

Did the cops raid every raw milk dairy? No. Just the one that was dangerous. Did your family buy milk from them?

Again, critical thinking is not your strong suit.

While you're showing off your critical thinking skills, tell me why this nonsense was necessary after a voluntary recall.

If you were as informed as you pretend to be, you'd know that these government raids on sellers oi raw milk are an ongoing thing.

You can always tell a statist, but you can't tell them much.

Apologies to Dorothy Parker. She desrved better.

Last time I checked, parents were responsible for their children. Are you responsible for all the children now? Do you think people who choose to drink raw milk are too stupid to feed their children properly?

Yes, I do think they are too stupid to feed their children properly. I know a lot of parents who are too stupid to immunize their children, and who give their children homeopathic medications. And there are children who have died as the result of faith healing in lieu of being taken to a doctor.

You really have to ask that question?

My parents were raised on raw milk, as were all of their generation. Somehow, they managed to live through it.

I expect their parents would've happily shot anyone with the temerity to suggest they were too stupid to raise thier children.

I think statists are too stupid to vote, but I'm not going to send anyone around to arrest them for it.

And by gumption, if polio, scarlet fever, typhoid, cholera, and tuberculosis were good enough fer them? Well, hells bells..it's gud enuf fer us!

If you want raw milk to be sold retail, then you have to put consumer protections in place since the consumer is getting the milk indirectly. That shit needs to be inspected carefully just like every other food product. If it is such great stuff, then why the fear of inspection? Hmmmm...

If you buy the raw milk directly from the farmer, then you know the source. You can make an informed decision.

In retail, especially in interstate commerce, that is not the case.

Look, folks, I buy my beef and pork directly from local farms. Grass fed cows, no antibiotics or growth hormones. I'm real big on that shit. The taste can't be beat. But they are USDA inspected farms. I don't know how to inspect meat, and it would be stupid to expect me to know how.

I live in the real world, and we cannot have unregulated food being sold to unwitting consumers.

From what I can tell they were selling it from their farm and not through a retailer.

And it was rife with disease. That's why they were shut down. Not because of some bogus crypto dairy industry conspiracy.

Did the government shut down EVERY raw milk seller?

Hmmmm...

I guess they must have been trying to stop this particular one from poisoning their customers then!

But hey, let's drink their tears, too, amiright?

Last edited:

seriously?

people lived on raw milk because there wasn't anything else.

people didn't get help from doctors because they couldn't afford to.

they also had communal bathrooms and sweatshops and tenements and child labor.

what's your point? that we should reject advancements because your parents walked uphill to school in the snow .... both ways.

The Corleones had the same kind of problem; gov't kept on intruding on the family business.

Let me ask you people something.

First let me say that I do not drink milk, ever.

For thousands of years people drank milk directly from their own cows or goats with no refrigeration or pasteurization. Now did all of those people get sick?

Obviously not. In fact not even enough people got sick so as to make other people stop drinking milk directly from their cows or goats.

So what happened?

The industrial revolution that's what.

People were no longer getting milk directly from their own cows or their neighbor's cows and that's where the problem of bacterial growth became a health factor.

Now I ask you with modern refrigeration capabilities why would drinking unpasteurized milk be any more dangerous today than before the industrial revolution?

They broke the law and put public health at risk.

The California Department of Food and Agriculture has detected Listeria monocytogenes bacteria in raw milk cheese produced in the state of Missouri and sold in California.
The bacteria was found in two cheese products labeled as Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheese Garlic Colby and Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheese Hot Pepper Colby, both manufactured at processing plant number 29-428 in Mountain View, MO. The products were shipped from the Missouri plant to locations in the California counties of Mendocino, Santa Cruz, Los Angeles and San Diego.

Listeria monocytogenes may cause listeriosis among “at risk” people, including pregnant women, newborns, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems. Symptoms include fever, muscle aches, and sometimes nausea or diarrhea. If infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms such as headache and stiff neck can occur. Infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like illness; however, infections during pregnancy can lead to more serious problems for the fetus. Consumers should seek immediate medical care if they develop these symptoms.

Consumers should discard the cheese or return it to the place of purchase. No illnesses have been reported.

CDFA > Public Affairs > Press Release

As a result of this discovery of Listeria in their products, Morningland Dairy recalled 68,957 pounds of raw milk cheese.

Is that in the video?

You miss a large part of the story.
Neither the Milk Board nor FDA ever tested any of the cheese stored at Morningland. FDA did take 100 environmental swabs at the facility, all of which tested negative for listeria. There was no accusation that any cheese Morningland produced had made anyone sick; there had never been any reported illness from the consumption of Morningland products in the thirty years the farmstead cheese operation had been in business.
Morningland Cheese to Be Destroyed

This story is another chapter in the ongoing campaign financed by Big Ag to destroy small-scale producers and to force the American consumer into a market dominated by their substandard and unhealthy products. Are you really that much in favor of limiting consumer choice?

Rawesome foods raided: A sad day for America | Washington Times Communities

Far fewer people get sick eating these types of products than sicken and die of food-borne illnesses inflicted on the public by your Big Ag producers.

List of foodborne illness outbreaks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additionally, the total number of deaths and illness attributed to food borne illness nationwide is minuscule compared to deaths attributable to say, automobiles or drug abuse.

By-the-way, what laws did they break?

Last edited:

For thousands of years people drank milk directly from their own cows or goats with no refrigeration or pasteurization. Now did all of those people get sick?

Obviously not.

Evidence for this claim no one got sick, please.

By-the-way, what laws did they break?

From what I gather, they violated an injunction.

And I again remind you that when listeria was found in their products, they did a recall. And then when the recalled milk products were tested, diseases were found in every single one.

This is what prompted the AG to seek an injunction against this particular dairy.

Obviously not.

Just amazing..really.

Obviously not.

I never said no one got sick did I?

I asked if all those people got sick, The answer is no.

Then I posited that even if some got sick not enough people got sick to stop others from drinking milk directly from their own cows and goats. Now history shows us that certain food restrictions were health related. For example the ancient prohibition against eating pork was no doubt because of widespread trichinosis. Now if raw milk was such a danger would there not have been restrictions placed upon it as well?

It's a simple deduction to make as people are still drinking milk.

Psst. The dairy industry paid for the legislation to make raw milk sales illegal. RW dolts....

Arguing over unpasteurised milk: Raw deal | The Economist
Raw Milk Bans are About Protecting Big Dairy
Guest column: Dairy lobby drives raw milk issue : Baraboo News Republic

What I'm wondering, is when the right wing will ever wake up and realize that it is their gods, the corporations, and NOT government, that are effectively taking away their freedoms? THAT is what money from Lobbyists and SuperPacs gets you in politics. Unfair legislation AGAINST the American people, every time. I would like to buy raw milk, but I can't thanks to the dairy lobby. Now monsanto is looking for ways to ban farmer's markets and even your backyard garden.

I'm guessing never.

You are deluded if you think that Big Business, as embodied in Big Ag, is a "god" to me. Buy you must admit, they operate very effectively by manipulating government in their favor and to the detriment of real people trying to make a real living. I produce raw milk and raw milk products. I consume raw milk, as does my family. The people who deal with me enjoy my raw milk products. If you have done the research, you will understand that raw milk from a reputable producer is far better for you than the swill they sell in supermarkets. Would you rather buy your food from a source with no connection whatsoever with its production, other than the money flowing into their bank accounts, or would you rather buy food from a source who also consumes that food?
Monsanto is a major player and a heinous culprit in the ongoing degradation of our food supply and our choices. GMOs are so dangerous, they should be against the law. You won't see that happen, though. The producers of GMOs own the government.

I have no objection to people selling, buying, or drinking raw milk. I object to raw milk being completely unregulated and sold to rubes who don't know any better.

Obviously not.

I never said no one got sick did I?

I asked if all those people got sick, The answer is no.

Then I posited that even if some got sick not enough people got sick to stop others from drinking milk directly from their own cows and goats. Now history shows us that certain food restrictions were health related. For example the ancient prohibition against eating pork was no doubt because of widespread trichinosis. Now if raw milk was such a danger would there not have been restrictions placed upon it as well?

It's a simple deduction to make as people are still drinking milk.
I think they should be allowed to drink milk from their own animals. To sell it without some kind of standard is not right however.

Forum List

Back