Most Expensive States to Live in 2023

I don't know how accurate your map is. It appears, by that map, that South Dakota is only one notch cheaper than Washington. I moved from Washington a year and a half ago. My home is in a smaller town, accessible to a much bigger metro than the one I lived in in WA -- larger, newer home on a larger lot for about half of what I got for my home in Washington.

When I moved here, a dozen organic free range eggs was $10 in Washington -- same brand organic free range eggs was less than half of that in my new state.

Utilities are about half here what they were in Washington.

Gas was significantly cheaper in SD.

The only thing that's more expensive here is property tax, maybe by about 20%. Worth it because it's mostly for schools and the schools here are WAAAAAAAAAAY better.

No comparison whatever.

I'm in Kentucky. I know someone who moved from California and sold his home there for like $500,000 and bought a home here which was ten times better for $230,000 lock, stock, and barrel with no mortgage.

I'm in Kentucky. I know someone who moved from California and sold his home there for like $500,000 and bought a home here which was ten times better for $230,000 lock, stock, and barrel with no mortgage.
Real estate prices relate to supply and especially demand.

The top 5 or 6 are not for working class Americans anymore.

Education
Healthcare
Top restaurants
Entertainment
Transportation
Could you go into more detail on each one and why it would be different than a red state. I don't know where you are but California sucks in education. You can find good healthcare in every state, depending on which area you are in. Last time I looked, every state had restaurants, entertainment, and transportation.

Could you go into more detail on each one and why it would be different than a red state. I don't know where you are but California sucks in education. You can find good healthcare in every state, depending on which area you are in. Last time I looked, every state had restaurants, entertainment, and transportation.
No

In General, Blue States invest more in education, healthcare, infrastructure, public services , mass transit ….

More importantly, Blue states have stricter zoning, labor and environmental laws

No

In General, Blue States invest more in education, healthcare, infrastructure, public services , mass transit ….

More importantly, Blue states have stricter zoning, labor and environmental laws
I was asking YOU, not in general. How is your healthcare better in a blue state than your red state was? Are you currently getting educated? What restaurants do you have around you that were not in a red state? What entertainment do you have around you that you could not find in a red state? What transportation do you use that you could not find in a red state?

No

Yes exactly!

States that throw out regulations that apply to zoning are much more desirable and much more expensive for land.

Don't go there is you want to live next door to a fish plant or a steel mill.

Forum List

Back