Most Who Think Trump Is Racist Unable To Articulate Clearly Why

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
301BFBCC00000578-3396878-image-a-78_1452660815565.jpg

In NY yesterday, anti-Trump protestors were asked why they felt Trump was a racist. Many of them couldn't say, and some who did couldn't communicate it rationally. Of the ones who were able to put in words why they felt he was racist, these were some of the reasons:

1. He wants to deport people who aren't like him
  2. He wants to build a wall
  3. He wants Mexico to pay for it
  4. He wants to stop Muslims from coming here
  5. He talks like a racist

First of all, the only people Trump wants to deport are people who are here illegally, not blacks and other brown people.
Second, he wants to build a wall to keep these people from coming here illegally.
Next, he wants to make the country that is letting all of these people get to our border without stopping them, pay for the wall, because they are the cause of the problem in the first place.
And OMG, he never said he wants to stop all Muslims from coming here, only the ones who want to come here so they can kill us. How many others have said the same thing in a slightly different way? Well, because it's Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner, he's a racist. If this isn't a false rationalization, then the truth doesn't exist.....especially when it comes to Democrats.

I guess National Security is racist then.

This is the American Left. Standing up for criminals and people who would kill them without a second thought. The nerve of this guy (Trump). He should know better than to try to keep the people of this country safe. He should be shunned from every college campus in America.....that rotten bastard.

The last point was that he talks like a racist. I never hear Trump calling anyone the "N" word. He never says "You People'. He doesn't talk about killing Jews like Muslims often do. A guy who was once President of Iran was invited to the campus of Columbia and he received a warm reception, but that guy was a cold-blooded murderer. How many times had he chanted "Death To America", and proudly proclaimed that he would wipe Israel off the map? How many homosexuals did he personally hang in the square in Tehran so he could proudly say 'there are no Gays in Iran'? How many Christians has he personally killed in his lifetime?

I just don't understand how people on the left can be so stupid. And they say We're stupid and they're smart.

One of them said "We can't have a bigot in the White House"...

.....too late.

white+obama.jpg

In NY yesterday, anti-Trump protestors were asked why they felt Trump was a racist. Many of them couldn't say, and some who did couldn't communicate it rationally. Of the ones who were able to put in words why they felt he was racist, these were some of the reasons:

That actually sounds like a pretty complete list. There are more, of course, like retweeting false statistics that Blacks are responsible for 81% of white murders.

The problem is that he engages in these simplistic racist solutions without understanding the problem. Most Terrorist attacks in the US are carried out by Muslims who were born here. Most illegal aliens came here on valid visas, so a Wall wouldn't do any good.

First of all, the only people Trump wants to deport are people who are here illegally, not blacks and other brown people.
Second, he wants to build a wall to keep these people from coming here illegally.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Martin Niemöller

I think the point of the OP is that the Left's narrative has bypassed the initial point of (a) why Donald Trump is (or is not) a racist, and gone directly to (b) "We can't have a racist in the White House."

And they not only cannot make a rational case to prove (a), they manifestly don't give a shit whether it is true or not.

"Most illegal aliens came here on valid visas"? You are making shit up. This is patently false.

Assuming for a moment that "Mexican" is a race (which is absurd), a true racist would be advocating the deportation of all Mexicans currently in this country. Trump is only talking about people who came and/or remain here illegally, WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN SUGGESTING THAT WE TAKE OUR OWN IMMIGRATION LAWS SERIOUSLY.

The Wall would be mainly symbolic, intended to emphasize to those south of our southern border that we seriously don't want people coming here in violation of our laws.

As for Muslims, radical Muslims around the world daily proclaim in social media and elsewhere that their fondest desire is to reek havoc in the U.S. The fact that they have not been able to accomplish as much as they like is no reason not to treat these threats seriously - i.e., to seriously restrict immigration of Muslims from hotbeds of Islamic terrorism. And there is plenty of precedent for U.S. Presidents taking this sort of action.

Meh, the left loons are always calling people racists, bigots, homophobe, etc....just laugh at them, it infuriates them

It's become pretty much a standard tactic of the left wrong, to put forth positions that cannot be defended by any rational or honest argument, and then accuse those who oppose those positions of being racist or otherwise bigoted and/or hateful.

It's become very much like the classic Æsop fable of “The Boy Who Cried ‘Wolf!’”; the left wrong has so overused cries of “Bigot!” that should they ever try to call out a genuine bigot, nobody will believe them.

301BFBCC00000578-3396878-image-a-78_1452660815565.jpg

Next, he wants to make the country that is letting all of these people get to our border without stopping them, pay for the wall, because they are the cause of the problem in the first place.
And OMG, he never said he wants to stop all Muslims from coming here, only the ones who want to come here so they can kill us. How many others have said the same thing in a slightly different way? Well, because it's Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner, he's a racist. If this isn't a false rationalization, then the truth doesn't exist.....especially when it comes to Democrats.

I guess National Security is racist then.

This is the American Left. Standing up for criminals and people who would kill them without a second thought. The nerve of this guy (Trump). He should know better than to try to keep the people of this country safe. He should be shunned from every college campus in America.....that rotten bastard.

The last point was that he talks like a racist. I never hear Trump calling anyone the "N" word. He never says "You People'. He doesn't talk about killing Jews like Muslims often do. A guy who was once President of Iran was invited to the campus of Columbia and he received a warm reception, but that guy was a cold-blooded murderer. How many times had he chanted "Death To America", and proudly proclaimed that he would wipe Israel off the map? How many homosexuals did he personally hang in the square in Tehran so he could proudly say 'there are no Gays in Iran'? How many Christians has he personally killed in his lifetime?

I just don't understand how people on the left can be so stupid. And they say We're stupid and they're smart.

One of them said "We can't have a bigot in the White House"...

.....too late.

white+obama.jpg
Donald Trump racist? Maybe not, but he sure knows his audience.

Trump is an ____________ist.

Fill in the blank with the word that best fits the sentence.

It's clear to anyone who is watching his campaign closely.

Trump is racist because he frames his arguments in a ways that rely on negative stereotypes and common misconceptions held by other racists. He appeals to the lowest common denominators in our society -- fear, xenophobia, bigotry.

Mexican immigrants are not a threat to the national economy. All his "wall" statements and ideas play on an "us vs them" mentality or the xenophobic "other" concept. He's playing on the fears of the ignorant.

Muslims are not violent and do not hate America. They serve in our armed forces, on our police forces, are hard-working and patriotic. I would say the average American-muslim is more hard-working than most lower class Southern white Christians. They are more educated and successful. This is possibly why lower class white Christians hold bigoted beliefs towards them. These lower class white christians are like the southern lower and middle class people after the civil war -- they blamed the blacks for their economy being devastated. Same thing in the 1960's, whites in the south were threatened by blacks getting the right to vote -- fear is the root of all bigotry. Not logic or reason.

Extremists are mentally ill people using a religious text to justify their sick beliefs. Intelligent people make these distinctions when speaking. Trump does not.

In other words, he intentionally blows a racist dog whistle to get his crowds fired up.

End thread -- OP asked and answered.

You know he settled with the Justice Department because he wasn't renting his units to blacks?

The problem is that you right-wingers don't see racism in anything less then someone wearing a white hood and burning across on the lawn.

Meh, the left loons are always calling people racists, bigots, homophobe, etc....just laugh at them, it infuriates them

It's become pretty much a standard tactic of the left wrong, to put forth positions that cannot be defended by any rational or honest argument, and then accuse those who oppose those positions of being racist or otherwise bigoted and/or hateful.

It's become very much like the classic Æsop fable of “The Boy Who Cried ‘Wolf!’”; the left wrong has so overused cries of “Bigot!” that should they ever try to call out a genuine bigot, nobody will believe them.
They know it's not as effective as it used to be because they use it so often. Their goal here is to maintain loyalty in their own base....and possibly peel of any support Trump has among the folks that don't pay attention to what happening in the world. The key is to develop prejudice against him to the point that they tune him out.

And let's not forget how Donald was on the forefront of the birth of movement. That's racist.

The problem is that you right-wingers don't see racism in anything less then someone wearing a white hood and burning across on the lawn.
.. and the problem with you left-wingers is that you see racism in EVERYTHING.

Congratulations, you folks have managed to make "racism" a completely meaningless word, how very "tolerant" of you.

It's you righties you should just ignore that racism exists. For example look] at this thread. It starts off for examples on why Donald is racist you are given examples and you ignore them.

And let's not forget how Donald was on the forefront of the birth of movement. That's racist.

You're the nincompoop who thought Muslims are a race...and you expect to be taken serious on race issues? LOL, no, just no

You're the nincompoop who thought Muslims are a race...and you expect to be taken serious on race issues? LOL, no, just no
Oh I know it's a religion. But let's face it when you hear Muslim you're thinking about a certain race, just admit it.

Forum List

Back