Mother of 4 deported

Well maybe you have a child who falls in love and marries a woman like this, now you have a family here that is getting ripped apart.
Her fault, not ours.
Please do not depict all Americans as cold-hearted legalists who lack common humanity.

I'm not. You might be though. But I'm not. Cold-hearted, is supporting a lawless, anarchy based system, where every law can be ignored if you "feel like it's bad".

There are countries like that, and most of them are terrible places to live.

If we actually became the bleeding left-wing country that allows people to break the law every time there is some lame excuse, it would actually destroy everything that people like this lady want, which is why they are trying to come here.

Worse you would destroy everything, that those who came here legally, worked so hard to get. Far worse an evil, to ruin all their hard work, to become real American citizens. How heartless you must be, to mock everything they set to achieve.

I have the heart. You are the one missing one.
You cannot see that compassion is a traditional quality of Americans and not a weakness. Too bad.

Who is more compassionate than the United States? Again, we let a million or so immigrants come here with our blessing every single year. Being compassionate has it's limits. When it goes to far, it becomes abuse.
Some posters here believe, like you, that compassion has a limit which is exceeded if a mother of four American children is not deported. That is a shame.

In normal English usage, to call someone with an historic misdemeanor "a law breaker" and "a criminal" is clearly hyperbole.

No, it's not. She broke the law, as seen here

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal. Get real.
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal.
If you get a ticket for a broken taillight, and you don't get it fixed....

(psst, yes, it does make you a criminal)

and now she is paying the fine prescribed by law.
Having a broken tail light dows not make a person a criminal.
When Donald Trump was electioneering he talked about the need to deport murderers, rapists, and many bad hombres. No-one hearing these words ever imagined his police would start going after people with broken tail lights.

In normal English usage, to call someone with an historic misdemeanor "a law breaker" and "a criminal" is clearly hyperbole.

Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal. Get real.

When Donald Trump was electioneering he talked about the need to deport murderers, rapists, and many bad hombres. No-one hearing these words ever imagined his police would start going after people with broken tail lights.
Entering the country ILLEGALLY does.

How many years is it going to take to get that through your head?

Unless you are stupid, there is no way you can't understand. You know exactly why you are advocating preferential treatment for people who would not be allowed to immigrate legally if they had committed the same crime in their home countries that they did here by entering illegally.

When you say you love America, it is clear what you mean is that you would love America if only it were completely different from the way it is. In every post you display contempt for America, its laws and its sovereignty.
Ok, can't say I didn't try, that's the last time I'm going repeat myself to hear you distort and falsely regurgitate one of my points. I thought I could have an honest discussion with you but it's apparent that you aren't capable.
lol Still more bullshit. Nothing you said was distorted by me. You simply are too stupid to understand what you are posting or you dishonestly ignoring the implications of it.
If you are too dense to understand there can be an alternative path to legalization that is not preferential and not more advantageous but institutes higher fees, more penalties and a longer more intensive process than the legal path then I can't help you.
How can it not be preferential when illegals have already avoided all the hurdles that legal immigrants have to jump?
Because the whole concept is about providing a pathway to legal staus for the undocumented that currently live in this country with more hurdles than the legal path. Getting them out of the shadows and on the books. Try and keep up

THERE ALREADY IS A LEGAL PATH! They have to go back home and apply from there. They just don't want to do it. You cannot apply for citizenship with unclean hands (breaking the law at the time of application). Allowing applications from illegals encourages illegals. No amnesty again until the border is sealed, as promised to get the first amnesty passed.

One historic misdemeanor does not make a mother-of-four a criminal.

One historic misdemeanor does not make a mother-of-four a criminal.
It makes here ineligible to be here. End of story.

I'm not. You might be though. But I'm not. Cold-hearted, is supporting a lawless, anarchy based system, where every law can be ignored if you "feel like it's bad".

There are countries like that, and most of them are terrible places to live.

If we actually became the bleeding left-wing country that allows people to break the law every time there is some lame excuse, it would actually destroy everything that people like this lady want, which is why they are trying to come here.

Worse you would destroy everything, that those who came here legally, worked so hard to get. Far worse an evil, to ruin all their hard work, to become real American citizens. How heartless you must be, to mock everything they set to achieve.

I have the heart. You are the one missing one.
You cannot see that compassion is a traditional quality of Americans and not a weakness. Too bad.

You take a look at your "compassion" and compare the number of victimized and abused, and murdered people today, verses that of 100 years ago.... No, your version of compassion is not only weak, it's evil.

Ours is good and moral.
Disagree. I'm with Eloy in this. You can't just assume that because somebody is from a foreign country they are violent criminals or a threat to our safety, That's ignorant and just plain wrong. This is the land of opportunity, how priveleged are we? How lucky are we have been born here? you lack any kind of compassion and perspective when talking about this issue.

Was she here illegally? If yes... then that is a law breaker. That is a criminal. We have laws. You either follow them, or you don't. ...

LOL

Really...... So I can vandalize your home, steal from you, even assault you, and several other things which under most states is considered a "misdemeanor", and you would never consider me a criminal? Really? That's your argument? That's your claim?

You people... LOL... twisting yourself inside and out, into illogical pretzels, to justify your idiotic position. My 10 year old nephew is smarter than this.

Exactly. Don't pay your traffic ticket, they issue a warrant for your arrest. Then if you are pulled over by a cop five years later, they slap the cuffs on you and take you to jail.

Exactly. Facts 'trump' opinion (pardon the pun).

You take a look at your "compassion" and compare the number of victimized and abused, and murdered people today, verses that of 100 years ago.... No, your version of compassion is not only weak, it's evil.

Ours is good and moral.
Disagree. I'm with Eloy in this. You can't just assume that because somebody is from a foreign country they are violent criminals or a threat to our safety, That's ignorant and just plain wrong. This is the land of opportunity, how priveleged are we? How lucky are we have been born here? you lack any kind of compassion and perspective when talking about this issue.

Was she here illegally? If yes... then that is a law breaker. That is a criminal. We have laws. You either follow them, or you don't. ...

LOL

Really...... So I can vandalize your home, steal from you, even assault you, and several other things which under most states is considered a "misdemeanor", and you would never consider me a criminal? Really? That's your argument? That's your claim?

You people... LOL... twisting yourself inside and out, into illogical pretzels, to justify your idiotic position. My 10 year old nephew is smarter than this.
Where I live, house breaking, theft and battery are not the same as a broken tail light.

When Mexicans start paying more attention to their kids, instead of using them as hedges for propaganda, I might be moved as a human being. I like Mexicans. Liars, not so much. Not manipulative bastards, race or culture is no excuse. Mama mia!

Ours is good and moral.

LOL

Where I live, house breaking, theft and battery are not the same as a broken tail light.

Feel free to explain to a judge that they can't throw you in jail for a broken tail light if you refuse to pay a ticket for it. We'll see which of us is right.

LOL

Feel free to explain to a judge that they can't throw you in jail for a broken tail light if you refuse to pay a ticket for it. We'll see which of us is right.

They threw my brother in jail for jay walking and then not showing up in court.

LOL

I've actually had a heart change about jay walking laws. I used to think they were the dumbest things, because I grew up in a sleepy nothing happening suburb where kids would play in the street.

Then.... I drove to Delaware which at the time was a college town. Kids would literally stand.... in the middle of the street... ANYWHERE in town... and stare at you, knowing you couldn't do anything. Just standing in the street like they were cows, staring at your head lights.

I've come to the conclusion that 90% of the seemingly stupid laws we have, are simply because people abuse their freedom so much, that we have no choice but to take it away.

So as much as I absolutely hate it, and I really really do... I get why dumb laws like Jay walking have to be created, and enforced.

LOL

Sounds like one of those criminals. Did you turn him in after he didn't show up in court? That would be the lawful thing to do, right?

I have people over here ignoring immigration laws and completely disrespecting American laws (ignoring laws of immigration, male brutality like rape or animal fighting, vandalism ) because it's "Multiculturalism ". I reject that, I hate animal fighting, male chauvinism, and disrespect in general, something Mexican culture or those that idolize it. I am NEVER going to accept Hispanic illegal aliens, never. Not from bias, but reality.

LOL

Sounds like one of those criminals. Did you turn him in after he didn't show up in court? That would be the lawful thing to do, right?

You people act like that would be bad. Let me give you a quick story of what happened to me.

I was a little kid. I don't remember how old. But you remember when video games on computer came on diskettes?

large.jpeg

Remember those? Well I had a game on one of these diskettes. It was a legally purchased game, nothing wrong with that.

But I broke the disk. And the game wouldn't play anymore. So I walked down to the computer store, where I happen to know they had a Demo of that very game. And I swapped out the disk. I put my disk in their computer, and put their disk in my pocket.

They looked identical, so they couldn't tell.

My father found out. First he spanked me, then he dragged my butt down to the store, asked for the store manager, and told him... in public.... that I was a thief, and stole their property, and that if they wanted to call the police, he would accept whatever penalty they deemed fit.... in the middle of the store. Right in the middle.

I was terrified, and on the ground looking up at this store manager and my father.

You want to know something? That was the best learning experience of my life. I never stole JACK SQUAT from anyone anywhere ever. Even to this day, every single bit of software, every movie video, every music song, every operating system, Windows or Mac OS, that I own..... every single bit of it is 100% paid for, and legally purchased.

So let me answer your question..... if I caught my nephew or brother, or sister doing something illegal, first I would confront them directly, and then if they refused to make it right.... yeah, I would turn them in.

My family is not a family of law breakers. We might mess up, but we make it right, and take our penalties as a real man should. YES I WOULD TURN THEM IN. That's what good mature adult people do.

LOL

You people act like that would be bad. Let me give you a quick story of what happened to me.

I was a little kid. I don't remember how old. But you remember when video games on computer came on diskettes?

View attachment 116980

Remember those? Well I had a game on one of these diskettes. It was a legally purchased game, nothing wrong with that.

But I broke the disk. And the game wouldn't play anymore. So I walked down to the computer store, where I happen to know they had a Demo of that very game. And I swapped out the disk. I put my disk in their computer, and put their disk in my pocket.

My father found out. First he spanked me, then he dragged my butt down to the store, asked for the store manager, and told him... in public.... that I was a thief, and stole their property, and that if they wanted to call the police, he would accept whatever penalty they deemed fit.... in the middle of the store. Right in the middle.

I was terrified, and on the ground looking up at this store manager and my father.

You want to know something? That was the best learning experience of my life. I never stole JACK SQUAT from anyone anywhere ever. Even to this day, every single bit of software, every movie video, every music song, every operating system, Windows or Mac OS, that I own..... every single bit of it is 100% paid for, and legally purchased.

So let me answer your question..... if I caught my nephew or brother, or sister doing something illegal, first I would confront them directly, and then if they refused to make it right.... yeah, I would turn them in.

My family is not a family of law breakers. We might mess up, but we make it right, and take our penalties as a real man should. YES I WOULD TURN THEM IN. That's what good mature adult people do.
I appreciate the lesson that your dad taught you. I was raised with similar values... but it did shock me when I was 16 and I got a fake ID, never told my parents. It lasted for a year then delaminated. 2 years later My family was going on a vacation for my moms birthday and my dad had found the ID in my drawer. The day of the trip he sits me down and told me he found the ID, I turned white. He let the fear linger for a minute the pulled it out of his pocket, relaminated and looking like new. He said this trip we are going to the casino and I'm teaching you how to play blackjack and poker.

Yes it was illegal but it was also a victimless crime.
i don't condone illegal border crossing, I don't think it is fair to those who go through the legal process. I'm fine with cracking down on that system and making it better. But the people who do it are not violent criminals, they are often poor and desperate and looking for a better life for their families. That may not excuse their actions but but it gives me compassion for their situation and an open mind on how to deal with millions of people who are in a tough spot. Especially if they have children who have lived here most of their lives.

LOL

I didn't even know about it until the cops came to get him.

Thanks for proving that you're a douche bag.

View attachment 116980

I appreciate the lesson that your dad taught you. I was raised with similar values... but it did shock me when I was 16 and I got a fake ID, never told my parents. It lasted for a year then delaminated. 2 years later My family was going on a vacation for my moms birthday and my dad had found the ID in my drawer. The day of the trip he sits me down and told me he found the ID, I turned white. He let the fear linger for a minute the pulled it out of his pocket, relaminated and looking like new. He said this trip we are going to the casino and I'm teaching you how to play blackjack and poker.

i don't condone illegal border crossing, I don't think it is fair to those who go through the legal process. I'm fine with cracking down on that system and making it better. But the people who do it are not violent criminals, they are often poor and desperate and looking for a better life for their families. That may not excuse their actions but but it gives me compassion for their situation and an open mind on how to deal with millions of people who are in a tough spot. Especially if they have children who have lived here most of their lives.

There is no such thing as a victim-less crime. No such thing.

Every single time you commit a crime, you justify crime to everyone else. You victimize the entire nation as a whole.

Every person ever caught in any crime immediately points to other people doing it, and saying "See? They do it, so why can't I". The very act of calling it a victim-less crime, creates more crime.

All you have to do is go to a prison, and talk to the people there, and every single one will say they shouldn't be there, because other people have done wrong things, and they are not there.

And all I need for proof of my claim... is your own story, and post. Your father committed a crime, and because of that, he taught you that crime is ok.... which is why you are here on this thread right now, justifying crime.

You are living proof of exactly what I was saying. By your father giving a pass to crime, he taught you to give a pass to crime, and you are here trying to teach others to give a pass to crime.

And compare that to my family, which taught me right from wrong, and that crime is always wrong, and so I don't do it, and I'm teaching others to not do it either.

Everything I claimed played out right on this thread.

View attachment 116980

Actually you do condone illegal border crossing because you want grant amnesty to all the perps.

Forum List

Back