Mother of 4 deported

Well maybe you have a child who falls in love and marries a woman like this, now you have a family here that is getting ripped apart.
Her fault, not ours.
Please do not depict all Americans as cold-hearted legalists who lack common humanity.

I'm not. You might be though. But I'm not. Cold-hearted, is supporting a lawless, anarchy based system, where every law can be ignored if you "feel like it's bad".

There are countries like that, and most of them are terrible places to live.

If we actually became the bleeding left-wing country that allows people to break the law every time there is some lame excuse, it would actually destroy everything that people like this lady want, which is why they are trying to come here.

Worse you would destroy everything, that those who came here legally, worked so hard to get. Far worse an evil, to ruin all their hard work, to become real American citizens. How heartless you must be, to mock everything they set to achieve.

I have the heart. You are the one missing one.

Well maybe you have a child who falls in love and marries a woman like this, now you have a family here that is getting ripped apart.
Her fault, not ours.
Please do not depict all Americans as cold-hearted legalists who lack common humanity.

I'm not. You might be though. But I'm not. Cold-hearted, is supporting a lawless, anarchy based system, where every law can be ignored if you "feel like it's bad".

If we actually became the bleeding left-wing country that allows people to break the law every time there is some lame excuse, it would actually destroy everything that people like this lady want, which is why they are trying to come here.

Worse you would destroy everything, that those who came here legally, worked so hard to get. Far worse an evil, to ruin all their hard work, to become real American citizens. How heartless you must be, to mock everything they set to achieve.

You cannot see that compassion is a traditional quality of Americans and not a weakness. Too bad.

Her fault, not ours.

You cannot see that compassion is a traditional quality of Americans and not a weakness. Too bad.

You take a look at your "compassion" and compare the number of victimized and abused, and murdered people today, verses that of 100 years ago.... No, your version of compassion is not only weak, it's evil.

Ours is good and moral.

Her fault, not ours.

You take a look at your "compassion" and compare the number of victimized and abused, and murdered people today, verses that of 100 years ago.... No, your version of compassion is not only weak, it's evil.

Ours is good and moral.
I have to believe you are not American.

Her fault, not ours.

Ours is good and moral.
Disagree. I'm with Eloy in this. You can't just assume that because somebody is from a foreign country they are violent criminals or a threat to our safety, That's ignorant and just plain wrong. This is the land of opportunity, how priveleged are we? How lucky are we have been born here? you lack any kind of compassion and perspective when talking about this issue.

Her fault, not ours.

Ours is good and moral.

Columbus, Ohio, been here my whole life.

Not only that, but I come from a long line of hundreds of relatives across this entire country, that all live and believe the same as I do.

There are consequences to actions. You do bad things, you end up with bad consequences. It may not happen today, or tomorrow, but eventually at some point, it all catches up with you. It's sad. We don't enjoy it, or like it, want it. But it is what is right, and moral.

Not your version of allowing evil to run rampant, and call it "compassion" to support illegal activity. That just makes you... one of them.

Ours is good and moral.

Not only that, but I come from a long line of hundreds of relatives across this entire country, that all live and believe the same as I do.

There are consequences to actions. You do bad things, you end up with bad consequences. It may not happen today, or tomorrow, but eventually at some point, it all catches up with you. It's sad. We don't enjoy it, or like it, want it. But it is what is right, and moral.

Not your version of allowing evil to run rampant, and call it "compassion" to support illegal activity. That just makes you... one of them.
You surprise and disappoint me.

Ours is good and moral.

You surprise and disappoint me.

Gladly. You have not surprised me at all, and I'm long past being disappointed.

Her fault, not ours.

Ours is good and moral.
Disagree. I'm with Eloy in this. You can't just assume that because somebody is from a foreign country they are violent criminals or a threat to our safety, That's ignorant and just plain wrong. This is the land of opportunity, how priveleged are we? How lucky are we have been born here? you lack any kind of compassion and perspective when talking about this issue.

Was she here illegally? If yes... then that is a law breaker. That is a criminal. We have laws. You either follow them, or you don't.

Every time you allow people to break laws, and give them a pass, you undermine the rule of law. Period.

See you disconnect "harmless" law breakers from "harmful" law breakers. And that's false. There is a direct connection. People who have research criminal behavior will all tell you that serial killers, and gang murderers, never popped into existence from magic.

They start out as just kids whose parents didn't teach them respect for the law. They started out just taking bubble gum from the vendor without paying. They started out vandalizing the back fence at the school.

No one wakes up on Thursday at age 28, and says "You know I'm going to become a wanted violent felon! That's my new plan!".

It all starts in the home, with doing what is right, or doing what is wrong, even if it harms no one.

I was at Columbus State Community College, here in Columbus Ohio. I was in class, when a young lade next to me, were talking, and she found out I worked at the dealership across the street. A Cadillac dealership.

She asked me "Could you get me one of those Cadillac emblems? My son would love that".

I responded that those are rather expensive.

"Oh no, I didn't mean buy it. I meant if you could just find one that no one would notice missing"

She was asking me to steal from my employer. To her, it wasn't even wrong. That's just what you do. The law didn't matter. Thievery was fine.

What kind of impact do you think she is having on her kids? And that's an American. We can't deport her.

But other law breaking people, who are not here legally, we can. And we should.

When you let little law breakers go, you end up with big law breakers.

This is the land of opportunity, how priveleged are we? How lucky are we have been born here?
Hmm, I don't consider it a privilege to be lucky enough
to have to foot the bill and be burdened by the costs
for those who weren't born here or were, and live of the system!

Ours is good and moral.

Was she here illegally? If yes... then that is a law breaker. That is a criminal. We have laws. You either follow them, or you don't. ...
In normal English usage, to call someone with an historic misdemeanor "a law breaker" and "a criminal" is clearly hyperbole.

Her fault, not ours.

Ours is good and moral.
You'll have to forgive me if I find that funny coming from someone living in Europe.

Her fault, not ours.

Ours is good and moral.

If there is one thing I thank God for, it's that I was born here. It's a country like no other, but that doesn't mean you give it away to everybody else. God gave you something, and it's up to you to preserve it so it doesn't end up like other places. It's up to us to give our children the same country we were raised in.

Don't worry, immigration isn't going to stop. We will still let our million or so come to this country, but everything has a limit. Immigration has to be slow enough so that newcomers can assimilate into our society--not turn our society into theirs. All this bilingual bullshit drives me up a wall. The problem is we let these people sneak in here and because we didn't shut the gate, we are slowly becoming a bilingual country because of it. And now, they are used to just drifting in and out when they desire, and expecting us to tolerate their activities.

Her fault, not ours.

Who is more compassionate than the United States? Again, we let a million or so immigrants come here with our blessing every single year. Being compassionate has it's limits. When it goes to far, it becomes abuse.

In normal English usage, to call someone with an historic misdemeanor "a law breaker" and "a criminal" is clearly hyperbole.

No, it's not. She broke the law, as seen here

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal. Get real.
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal.
If you get a ticket for a broken taillight, and you don't get it fixed....

(psst, yes, it does make you a criminal)

and now she is paying the fine prescribed by law.

No, it's not. She broke the law, as seen here

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal. Get real.
Getting a traffic ticket 20 years ago does not make a person a criminal.
If you get a ticket for a broken taillight, and you don't get it fixed....

(psst, yes, it does make you a criminal)

and now she is paying the fine prescribed by law.

Exactly. Don't pay your traffic ticket, they issue a warrant for your arrest. Then if you are pulled over by a cop five years later, they slap the cuffs on you and take you to jail.

Forum List

Back