Mother of 4 deported

I didn't go to the link, but I have another question about this case:

She is a mother of four. She is an illegal so she shouldn't be employed anywhere. The question I have is, how is she supporting these four children in her position? We have legals and many American born people here that can't support a family of five.
Board is slow?? Link took forever?
18 years and speaks no English on camera? Huh? I was in Seoul for 5 weeks and learned 13 high words. And I am unemployed useless human garbage. She don't know anything? And her Pastor and Lawyer was there? Wth? I don't have a lawyer!

Tablet or board barely useable. Dont make me go to PC or I will go on posting binge!

I just watched the story, and I noticed she didn't speak a word of English either. HTF can you be so lazy to live in a country for 18 years and not learn the language?

This woman stinks all around, and I can't help but to believe that CNN is leaving out a lot of facts.
Perhaps, I've seen enough lies in our media to take it all with a grain of salt. But I also saw enough to show that she wan't a violent criminal and its very unlikely she poses a thread to our society. There are many families sitting in the same situation as the one in the video. The tough guy, kick em out attitude that many of you are pissing out there is just plain ugly. I'm fine with enforcing the law at the border... But you have to be an idiot of you think you can kick 10+ million people out of the country and you'd have to be an even bigger idiot of you don't realize that serious reform needs to happen with our currently situation of undocumented immigrants

Let me summarize:

We have this woman who tried to use fake documents to illegally gain access to our country.
In the 18 years she was here, it was too much trouble for her to learn at least some of our language.
In spite of here uncertainty, she had FOUR kids anyway.
Unless her husband has a hell of a good paying job where he has the ability to support a family of six, it's more than likely our tax dollars are supporting this family.
So then the question is, how are we so heatless to show no empathy for her plight?????

Too bad people think they can drag their kids into this as an excuse to violate immigration laws and think we are fooled. Dreamers or anchor babies, Immigrants or illegal aliens. Euphemisms. Nobody is above the laws. Not even Mexicans. That might be a shocker. But it's true.
You saw the story, for 18 years she checked in with ICE and was told she could stay. Her mother is a citizen, her husband is a citizen, her four kids are citizens. She can't get papers because of what she did 20 years ago. Does this really sound right to you?
No, it doesn't sound right to Me.

Are you really that gullible?

They caught her with a fake visa but said that she could stay if she just checked in every couple of years.

Are you actually seriously thinking that is the truth?
Thats the story... could be true could be false. I put the story on this thread and now we are discussing it. I guess we will put you in the fake news category.

She is a mother of four. She is an illegal so she shouldn't be employed anywhere. The question I have is, how is she supporting these four children in her position? We have legals and many American born people here that can't support a family of five.
18 years and speaks no English on camera? Huh? I was in Seoul for 5 weeks and learned 13 high words. And I am unemployed useless human garbage. She don't know anything? And her Pastor and Lawyer was there? Wth? I don't have a lawyer!

Tablet or board barely useable. Dont make me go to PC or I will go on posting binge!

I just watched the story, and I noticed she didn't speak a word of English either. HTF can you be so lazy to live in a country for 18 years and not learn the language?

This woman stinks all around, and I can't help but to believe that CNN is leaving out a lot of facts.
Perhaps, I've seen enough lies in our media to take it all with a grain of salt. But I also saw enough to show that she wan't a violent criminal and its very unlikely she poses a thread to our society. There are many families sitting in the same situation as the one in the video. The tough guy, kick em out attitude that many of you are pissing out there is just plain ugly. I'm fine with enforcing the law at the border... But you have to be an idiot of you think you can kick 10+ million people out of the country and you'd have to be an even bigger idiot of you don't realize that serious reform needs to happen with our currently situation of undocumented immigrants

To my knowledge, we have no law or agreement that as long as you're not a violent criminal, you get to stay in this country illegally.

You're right, then I would have probably been put on probation and if I followed what I was instructed to do i sure as hell hope it wouldn't come back to bite me in the ass 18 years later.
Right? And this is what happens when we don't obey/enforce the law. Had the Clinton Administration done the right thing 20 years ago, this wouldn't be an issue today. You're literally proving our point for us.
Whats your point?
The point is that your proving our point for us. You're advocating a return to the policies that created this mess in the first place. If we do the right thing now (deport her criminal ass), the problem is mitigated. If we allow her to stay (like the Clinton Administration did), we get more of this exact mess in the future.

I have a secret adoration of Mexican culture, art and food. Mexicans are better than this, they really are. Excuses and lies, Mexicans are way better than that. But since I am American and a victim of Illegal aliens from Mexico, they are pissing us off here. Pretending this racist and all, sort of alienates us, it really does.
I agree it does and it is fueled by wingnuts from BOTH the left and the right. You hear how some of these posters act on this forum and its hard to not think they are being racists. You see the lefties throwing out the race card all the time and that also fuels the divide. Its an ugly partisan game. Would be nice to just have an honest conversation about it.

I've conceded multiple times on this thread that I think its a good idea to have strong borders, enforce laws, improve our visa tracking system etc. I haven't heard many opposers speak about this situation with much compassion or acknowledgement that something is wrong with this. They all want to be tough guys.

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

Using fraudulent papers should have meant she was deported at the time she was caught.

Because the previous governments allowed her to stay was their choice but what she did was a automatic deportation and because it is happening now is sad for her family but law is the law.

I know you will most likely tell me I am harsh and should be deported instead but think of it this way if you illegally enter Mexico or let say North Korea with fake papers what would happen!?!

If you write well that is different, well sure but other countries would toss you in prison and after your family paid or you did your time they would then deport you, well North Korea might kill you.

So her just checking in over eighteen years was nice but the government has told her it is time to leave.

Her family has hard decision to make and they need to remember their family members broke the law and in the end they knew she was not staying and if they did not know this, well they should have known...

I actually agree, if the law says that people illegally crossing the border get deported then thats what should have happened. If she wasn't deported and instead she was told she could stay if she checked in with ICE twice a year and thats what she did then it is pretty messed up to deport her after 18 years of doing what she was supposed to do. If the situation played out like this then it is our government that messed up and we need to take responsibly for that. Deporting her is the wrong move.

Our government should take responsibility but she shouldn't? She came here using a fake VISA which precluded her from a green card or a chance at citizenship. As an illegal, SHE decided to have a family anyway unsure of her long-term future. But that's our fault.

I could type it for the 20th time but i'll try a different approach... Which element of the story did you leave out in your last statement?

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The inaction of other administrations doesn't prevent this one from following the law. She should have never been allowed to remain in the country in the first place. Knowing she was subject to deportation, she chose to have a family anyways, her choices put her in this situation, now she can accept the consequences.

Thats your opinion and thats fine. Do you understand my objections and why I think it is fucked up? or does it just baffle you that somebody could feel that way?

Thoughts?

Using fraudulent papers should have meant she was deported at the time she was caught.

Because the previous governments allowed her to stay was their choice but what she did was a automatic deportation and because it is happening now is sad for her family but law is the law.

I know you will most likely tell me I am harsh and should be deported instead but think of it this way if you illegally enter Mexico or let say North Korea with fake papers what would happen!?!

If you write well that is different, well sure but other countries would toss you in prison and after your family paid or you did your time they would then deport you, well North Korea might kill you.

So her just checking in over eighteen years was nice but the government has told her it is time to leave.

Her family has hard decision to make and they need to remember their family members broke the law and in the end they knew she was not staying and if they did not know this, well they should have known...

I actually agree, if the law says that people illegally crossing the border get deported then thats what should have happened. If she wasn't deported and instead she was told she could stay if she checked in with ICE twice a year and thats what she did then it is pretty messed up to deport her after 18 years of doing what she was supposed to do. If the situation played out like this then it is our government that messed up and we need to take responsibly for that. Deporting her is the wrong move.

With checking in she was not going to stay. Over the years they were punting the decision to the next year, and now she has been told she need to leave.

You do understand if she was going to be granted a stay the government would have done it and not require her to report in.

So it will be sad for her family members but in the end she was not staying.

I'm pretty sure if it was President Clinton right now she would be happy at home with her family. Perhaps some day our politician will pull their heads out of their asses and pass a solution to this problem. At some point people like this lady should have a pathway to legal status. But who knows what Trump will do, I could be wrong.

The inaction of other administrations doesn't prevent this one from following the law.
Thats your opinion and thats fine. Do you understand my objections and why I think it is fucked up? or does it just baffle you that somebody could feel that way?
Actually - that is not an opinion. That is a 100% fact. And no - literally nobody understand your objections. Not even the fellow left-wingers who are advocating for the same thing. Do you know why? Because you're position is completely and totally irrational.

This is literally your position: "I want the law enforced.....except when I don't want the law enforced". :eusa_doh:

Your opinion is that because we didn't get rid of her in the first place, it's our fault. But let me tell you, she knew she was here illegally. She knew if she had kids, she might have to leave them someday because she was here illegally.

Yes, we did screw up, but she screwed up twice as bad.

Too bad people think they can drag their kids into this as an excuse to violate immigration laws and think we are fooled. Dreamers or anchor babies, Immigrants or illegal aliens. Euphemisms. Nobody is above the laws. Not even Mexicans. That might be a shocker. But it's true.
You saw the story, for 18 years she checked in with ICE and was told she could stay. Her mother is a citizen, her husband is a citizen, her four kids are citizens. She can't get papers because of what she did 20 years ago. Does this really sound right to you?

What she did was a felony, she should have never been allowed to stay.
I'm curious... Do you think every kid in school with a fake ID should be charged with a felony?

I lived this, sorry. It isn't right, no. Neither is all the stuff I have seen illegals subject me too, either. I have no idea were to go with all the wrongs illegals have done, either. Just put it out there and then they call it anecdotal . And so it goes...

Last edited:

Thoughts?

With checking in she was not going to stay. Over the years they were punting the decision to the next year, and now she has been told she need to leave.

You do understand if she was going to be granted a stay the government would have done it and not require her to report in.

I'm pretty sure if it was President Clinton right now she would be happy at home with her family.

What makes you think, that if Clinton were president, that she would have taken her kids, and returned to Mexico? I doubt it. I think she would try staying here much like now...

Let me summarize:

We have this woman who tried to use fake documents to illegally gain access to our country.
In the 18 years she was here, it was too much trouble for her to learn at least some of our language.
In spite of here uncertainty, she had FOUR kids anyway.
Unless her husband has a hell of a good paying job where he has the ability to support a family of six, it's more than likely our tax dollars are supporting this family.
So then the question is, how are we so heatless to show no empathy for her plight?????
You're funny man... Way to paint a narrative, gotta give you points on creativity. Next time you summarize a situation try using the facts presented, not your biased assumptions.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure if it was President Clinton right now she would be happy at home with her family. Perhaps some day our politician will pull their heads out of their asses and pass a solution to this problem. At some point people like this lady should have a pathway to legal status. But who knows what Trump will do, I could be wrong.

Bush did want something done, but nothing was ever done. Obama should have done something in his first year and nothing was done.

Trump is not going to offer any form of Immigration Reform.

As for her I doubt she would have been allow to stay because what she did to attempt to enter was illegal.

Clinton might have let her stay like Bush and Obama did but she is not President.

20 years too late

she's more valuable than your white trash self.

but then again, it would take a lowlife to be threatened by someone because they're an immigrant.

She's not an immigrant, she is an illegal alien, immigrants do it the right way to start with.
According to Ben Carson she is an immigrant ;-)

True....but an illegal immigrant.

Sticky situation but the fact is she's illegal

To my knowledge, we have no law or agreement that as long as you're not a violent criminal, you get to stay in this country illegally.
We have the statements from our leadership that say they are going after violent criminals and then we see stories like this.

Forum List

Back