Mother of 4 deported

Too bad people think they can drag their kids into this as an excuse to violate immigration laws and think we are fooled. Dreamers or anchor babies, Immigrants or illegal aliens. Euphemisms. Nobody is above the laws. Not even Mexicans. That might be a shocker. But it's true.
You saw the story, for 18 years she checked in with ICE and was told she could stay. Her mother is a citizen, her husband is a citizen, her four kids are citizens. She can't get papers because of what she did 20 years ago. Does this really sound right to you?

No, it does not.

But she is the victim of a backlash that comes from the laast administration turning it's back on the issue.

It's only going to get more ugly.
I'm not sure but I think I remember you being a pretty right leaning guy, I appreciate you actually admitting that this story is a little disturbing... You are the second person in 20 pages to show a little objectivity. I agree with you that it is only going to get worse.

I didn't go to the link, but I have another question about this case:

She is a mother of four. She is an illegal so she shouldn't be employed anywhere. The question I have is, how is she supporting these four children in her position? We have legals and many American born people here that can't support a family of five.
Board is slow?? Link took forever?
18 years and speaks no English on camera? Huh? I was in Seoul for 5 weeks and learned 13 high words. And I am unemployed useless human garbage. She don't know anything? And her Pastor and Lawyer was there? Wth? I don't have a lawyer!

Tablet or board barely useable. Dont make me go to PC or I will go on posting binge!

I just watched the story, and I noticed she didn't speak a word of English either. HTF can you be so lazy to live in a country for 18 years and not learn the language?

This woman stinks all around, and I can't help but to believe that CNN is leaving out a lot of facts.
Perhaps, I've seen enough lies in our media to take it all with a grain of salt. But I also saw enough to show that she wan't a violent criminal and its very unlikely she poses a thread to our society. There are many families sitting in the same situation as the one in the video. The tough guy, kick em out attitude that many of you are pissing out there is just plain ugly. I'm fine with enforcing the law at the border... But you have to be an idiot of you think you can kick 10+ million people out of the country and you'd have to be an even bigger idiot of you don't realize that serious reform needs to happen with our currently situation of undocumented immigrants

To my knowledge, we have no law or agreement that as long as you're not a violent criminal, you get to stay in this country illegally.
For that matter, any alien in this country is subject to deportation whether they are here legally or not. Aliens don't have a right to be here. They are only here because we suffer them to be here. Even aliens with green cards can be revoked and deported. Sucks for her and her family, but she should have been deported when she was caught trying to enter with fraudulent papers. It may seem capricious for this woman to be deported, when someone from Cuba could just set foot on a Florida beach and get instant residence, but again, she has no right to be here.

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The problem is when it was first discovered she had used false documents to obtain the visa that brought her here, she should have been immediately deported and not allowed to hang around for 18 years. Deporting her sends exactly the right policy message, if you enter the US illegally you will be deported, but she can always appeal this decision if she thinks her case deserves special consideration, so the policy is both firm and humane.

I agree, but thats not what happened... and 18 years later you see whats happening... If somebody got caught at the border with fake papers I'm all for sending them back to where they came from. I do not think they should get to stay here for 18 years and have a family while checking in with ICE. But in this story, that is exactly what happened. It aint right

First, she wasn't caught at the border. She arrived here using false documents to obtain a visa and it wasn't until she applied for a green card that the investigation revealed she was her illegally. At that point she was given a choice, return home or live here year by year without any guarantee you will be able to stay for another year. She chose to raise a family here under those circumstances, so while this is a tragedy for the family, it is a tragedy to chose to risk.

Obama had the dreamers act
Which was 100% illegal/unconstitutional as the President of the United States has no authority to create, eliminate, or alter law in any capacity.
there has been decades of political propaganda talking about immigration reform
What is there to "reform"? We have immigration laws. Enforce them. This is like the Dumbocrats allowing people to break the speed limit and then insisting after people died that we need "speed limit reform". :eusa_doh:
I get that you want to be a tough ass about immigration but I think if any of you had a family member, coworker or friend who was stuck in the middle of a situation like this you would feel that something was wrong.
We get that you want to make a Hallmark tear-jerker, bleeding heart movie to advance your left-wing agenda but it's not happening. It's so refreshing to have an administration that actually enforces the law (all laws) - and not just whatever is politically expedient for them.

Too bad people think they can drag their kids into this as an excuse to violate immigration laws and think we are fooled. Dreamers or anchor babies, Immigrants or illegal aliens. Euphemisms. Nobody is above the laws. Not even Mexicans. That might be a shocker. But it's true.
You saw the story, for 18 years she checked in with ICE and was told she could stay. Her mother is a citizen, her husband is a citizen, her four kids are citizens. She can't get papers because of what she did 20 years ago. Does this really sound right to you?

No, it does not.

But she is the victim of a backlash that comes from the laast administration turning it's back on the issue.

It's only going to get more ugly.
Backlash, or blow back. Hubris. Illegals can't just ignore American culture forever. A little pushback is inevitable.

True, in cases like these I don't think we can round up 10+ million people and kick them out of our country.
So let me get this straight - we were able to track down Saddam Hussein (the proverbial needle in the ultimate haystack) and we were able to track down Osama Bin Laden (yet another proverbial needle in the ultimate haystack), but we can't find illegal aliens and kick them the hell out of our country?

You're not fooling anyone. Not even yourself.
This is the dumbest post i've seen from you yet... do I really need to explain why? Try reading it again and maybe you'll get it.

True, in cases like these I don't think we can round up 10+ million people and kick them out of our country.
So let me get this straight - we were able to track down Saddam Hussein (the proverbial needle in the ultimate haystack) and we were able to track down Osama Bin Laden (yet another proverbial needle in the ultimate haystack), but we can't find illegal aliens and kick them the hell out of our country?

This is the dumbest post i've seen from you yet... do I really need to explain why? Try reading it again and maybe you'll get it.
No need to resort to personal insults brother just because I'm pointing out the irrational case you make in each post.

What she did was a felony, she should have never been allowed to stay.
I'm curious... Do you think every kid in school with a fake ID should be charged with a felony?

What does the law say? It's a simple concept, you enforce the law or you don't.
The law also says to not speed but if i'm driving my buddy to the hospital while he is having a seizure and a cop gives me a ticket for doing 65 in a 55... I'm going to state my objections.

What's your point? You think that illegal immigration is an emergency procedure? That's ludicrous.

The law also says to not speed but if i'm driving my buddy to the hospital while he is having a seizure and a cop gives me a ticket for doing 65 in a 55... I'm going to state my objections.
You're welcome to "state your objections". And he's still welcome to give your ass a ticket. You should've called 911 and allowed the ambulance (an emergency vehicle with the proper equipment which is authorized to break the speed limit) to rush him to the hospital (as they also have knowledge and equipment to save his life which you do not have). See how that works chief?

What's your point? You think that illegal immigration is an emergency procedure? That's ludicrous.
It's funny - when I obliterate his position he cries "false equivalencies" but then he turns around and attempts to make that silly argument. :laugh:

I just saw this story on CNN. This mother of 4 got caught trying to cross the border with a fake visa 20 years ago, because of this she couldn't not get another visa but was told she could stay in the US but had to check in with ICE twice a year, which she did for the past 18 years. Now her entire family is here (mother, husband, 4 children and they are all American citizens. CNN covers her journey to check in with ICE as they were all nervous about the changes that came with President Trump.

She met with ICE and they told her she was good for another year. She left the building, gave her children hugs and then got called back in by ICE to find out that they were deporting her in July.

I get deporting violent criminals, I hear people asking Trump and his surrogates what they will do with non-violent criminal illegal immigrants and I hear them kicking the can saying they will deal with it later. But then I see stories like this were a mother who is not a violent criminal gets deported and a family is ripped apart.

Thoughts?

The problem is when it was first discovered she had used false documents to obtain the visa that brought her here, she should have been immediately deported and not allowed to hang around for 18 years. Deporting her sends exactly the right policy message, if you enter the US illegally you will be deported, but she can always appeal this decision if she thinks her case deserves special consideration, so the policy is both firm and humane.

I agree, but thats not what happened... and 18 years later you see whats happening... If somebody got caught at the border with fake papers I'm all for sending them back to where they came from. I do not think they should get to stay here for 18 years and have a family while checking in with ICE. But in this story, that is exactly what happened. It aint right

First, she wasn't caught at the border. She arrived here using false documents to obtain a visa and it wasn't until she applied for a green card that the investigation revealed she was her illegally. At that point she was given a choice, return home or live here year by year without any guarantee you will be able to stay for another year. She chose to raise a family here under those circumstances, so while this is a tragedy for the family, it is a tragedy to chose to risk.

You make a good argument. I don't disagree with your points. My disagreement is with the system that allows deportations like this to happen and I do think that there is a moral problem with what happened here, not particularly a legal one.

You make a good argument. I don't disagree with your points. My disagreement is with the system that allows deportations like this to happen and I do think that there is a moral problem with what happened here, not particularly a legal one.
Yeah - the "moral problem here" is that she lacked morals and attempted to obtain a visa with false credentials. That is further compounded by the severe "moral problem here" that you want to absolve her of all personal responsibility and blame all of society for her self-created problems.

Which was 100% illegal/unconstitutional as the President of the United States has no authority to create, eliminate, or alter law in any capacity.
What is there to "reform"? We have immigration laws. Enforce them. This is like the Dumbocrats allowing people to break the speed limit and then insisting after people died that we need "speed limit reform". :eusa_doh:
I get that you want to be a tough ass about immigration but I think if any of you had a family member, coworker or friend who was stuck in the middle of a situation like this you would feel that something was wrong.
We get that you want to make a Hallmark tear-jerker, bleeding heart movie to advance your left-wing agenda but it's not happening. It's so refreshing to have an administration that actually enforces the law (all laws) - and not just whatever is politically expedient for them.
I've already said that I could give a shit about your partisan claims. I'm not a lefty or a righty and I fall on both sides of the aisle depending on the situation. The fact that you don't think the immigration system needs reform tells me that you are pretty out of touch about this topic.

Thoughts?

The inaction of other administrations doesn't prevent this one from following the law. She should have never been allowed to remain in the country in the first place. Knowing she was subject to deportation, she chose to have a family anyways, her choices put her in this situation, now she can accept the consequences.

Thats your opinion and thats fine. Do you understand my objections and why I think it is fucked up? or does it just baffle you that somebody could feel that way?

Feel free to feel anyway you want, logic and the law says she should have been deported 18 years ago when she reentered the country, she didn't have her family then. She knew she wasn't eligible, without a presidential pardon, for legal status. Why didn't she pursue one over the last 18 years, that covers 3 administrations? Like I said, her choices put her and her family in this position, bad choices bring bad consequences.

Obama had the dreamers act that and there has been decades of political propaganda talking about immigration reform, so it makes sense that she was waiting for something to happen that would allow her to register and stay. In the mean time she checked in with ICE like she was told to do and did her best to live her life. I agree should should have been deported 20 years ago with the fake visa but she wasn't, she was allowed to stay of 18 years... I get that you want to be a tough ass about immigration but I think if any of you had a family member, coworker or friend who was stuck in the middle of a situation like this you would feel that something was wrong.

Once again, it goes back to choices. She chose to wait and see, instead of being proactive and requesting a sure fire fix. This is what wait and see got her, deal with it.

No need to resort to personal insults brother just because I'm pointing out the irrational case you make in each post.
Not a personal insult just talking about the content of your post. You are equating a military operation to seek out an enemy of the state with the enforcement of immigration laws within our borders. It is a completely different thing. Were you seriously trying to make that point?

The fact that you don't think the immigration system needs reform tells me that you are pretty out of touch about this topic.
The fact that you do tells me you are a partisan hack. We have an immigration system. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it other than the fact that Barack Obama and the Dumbocrats refuse to enforce the law.

Your inability to even articulate why you believe we need to "reform" the immigration system speaks volumes. Again, it is akin to not enforcing the speed limit and then insisting that we need to "reform the speed limits" when people start dying. Uh....no. All we need to do is enforce the laws. They exist for a reason.

What she did was a felony, she should have never been allowed to stay.
I'm curious... Do you think every kid in school with a fake ID should be charged with a felony?

What does the law say? It's a simple concept, you enforce the law or you don't.

My point is that law enforcement is not always black and white.

I've already said that I could give a shit about your partisan claims. I'm not a lefty or a righty and I fall on both sides of the aisle depending on the situation. The fact that you don't think the immigration system needs reform tells me that you are pretty out of touch about this topic.
It doesn't necessarily need reform. For now; it needs enforcement. And that's just what we're beginning to see. Once that's fully reestablished, then we can decide wether or not it needs reform.

I feel sorry for her but there's little choice of what can be done if you want to send a message and stop the problem. It should help stem the flow of illegals trekking through the desert here in Arizona and thus save some lives.

It's funny - when I obliterate his position he cries "false equivalencies" but then he turns around and attempts to make that silly argument. :laugh:
I thought of that when I wrote it... Funny you still think those arguments were fair. I did use a false equivalency with my argument but it was to make the point that now all law enforcement is black and white. Sometimes different situations call for different actions.

Now i realize there are opposing views to this but this is my view. Trust me man, you didn't obliterate anything yet.

Forum List

Back