Mr. President, Marines Still Use Bayonets

Our Military still uses horses to charge into battle? I must have missed that part of my basic training.

Looks like you absolutely did..

Let's Not Forget The Reasons Why The Military Still Has Horses (And Bayonets) - Business Insider

And??

Most notably horses saw use in the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, when Special Operations soldiers rode them into combat with the Northern Alliance, against the Taliban

:lmao:

This is getting better and better!

:lmao:

Please try to make your desperate attempts at obfuscation shorter, if you don't mind. If you're going to be stupid, the least you could do is be brief.

You claimed the president said we never use bayonets any more. He didn't. You lied. He didn't.

Now go back and answer my question.

No, I said he tried to paint Romney as out of touch with how the military works. In the process, he mentioned three things we thought we no longer use, battleships, horses, and bayonets. He was wrong about two of them.

he never said never.

ever.

Obama has never said never?

No, I said he tried to paint Romney as out of touch with how the military works. In the process, he mentioned three things we thought we no longer use, battleships, horses, and bayonets. He was wrong about two of them.

Please point out the exact phrase where he states that you no longer use horses or bayonets.

I suggest you go read the full quote in context, then come back here and tell me I am misrepresenting his intent so I can laugh at you.

i guess mitt will use those ships to blockade the canal from iran to the med

Apparently I have to repeat it more than the one time I already did.

Show me how I am misquoting his words, or how I am using them out of context. Obama was trying to show how out of touch Romney is, and ended up showing how out of touch he is.

i see you are cherry picking and using the goal posts to cover your ass. you stated this:
In the process, he mentioned three things we thought we no longer use, battleships, horses, and bayonets. He was wrong about two of them.
note the bold part. that is wrong, he never stated this.

He mentioned three things he thought we no longer use, he was wrong about two of them.

Guess what, I am still right.

Find the exact quote to prove yourself right, please.

i see you are cherry picking and using the goal posts to cover your ass. you stated this:
note the bold part. that is wrong, he never stated this.

He mentioned three things he thought we no longer use, he was wrong about two of them.

Guess what, I am still right.

Find the exact quote to prove yourself right, please.

I am just doing what all you Obamazombies urged me to do when he said you didn't build that, take his quote in context. Why don't you do the same thing and defend him?

EVERY Marine still trains and uses a BAYONET.. no amount of spin from the Zombie NUTS can change that MORON's words..

LOL

Take a look at this.....

the logo for the mairne corps martial arts program..... oh...look at that...a bayonet.
Also... take a look at the training pics.... oh my...what is that.... bayonet training.....

FEWER: To mean less.

NONE: Absent, nothing.

Are you able to see the difference?

This one is going too far. I no longer think the right wing is just wrong. Now, they've proven that their fucking MORONIC.

Actually, that happened quite a while ago. This is just further confirmation......and darn entertaining too! :lol:

Last edited:
he never said never.

ever.

He didn't in this instance.

Are there more, the same or fewer horses and bayonets in use today than in 1916?

Hard to answer about the bayonets, I can't find any numbers. I do know the standard issue military knife is also the standard issue bayonet. Are there fewer of them than 1916? Personally, I doubt it, because the Army has more men than it did in 1916. Feel free to dig up the numbers to prove me wrong.

As for horses, I will give you that one. That still makes Obama wrong though.

he never said never.

ever.

Are there more, the same or fewer horses and bayonets in use today than in 1916?

The radical right has a big problem in simple english understanding. When did knowing what equiptment Marines use was a requirement to presidency. Romney don't know what century we are living in. Have any one noticed how Ann leads Romney around? Demetia is a serious problem and people are making fun of Romney's forgetfulness.

Last edited:
The larger point here is lost:

The Navy says they need a specific number of vessels to perform their job.

Obama says they need fewer.

Who do you think knows more about it -- the Navy, or Obama?

Exactly.

And a good question. One which Obama answers with his best sweathog impression.

Last edited:

Hard to answer about the bayonets, I can't find any numbers. I do know the standard issue military knife is also the standard issue bayonet. Are there fewer of them than 1916? Personally, I doubt it, because the Army has more men than it did in 1916. Feel free to dig up the numbers to prove me wrong.

According to the RW blogosphere, only the Marines are now issued bayonets. The entire military would have been issued them in 1916. It is logical that there are fewer bayonets now than in 1916.

Ohhh OOOPSIE.. US Military SpecOps Led Afghanistan Invasion on Horses – Monument at WTC: Bayonets Still in Use: Biden Failed Status of Forces Agreement | Maggie's Notebook

In October 2011, a monument to Special Forces who led the Afghanistan invasion on horses was preparing for the final touches before finding it’s resting place across from the World Trade Center site. The Unit, known as the “Horse Soldiers” were awed by what they were doing on that day. ✔Obama isn’t known to spend much time at the 9/11/01 Memorial.

So now the ASSCLOWN doesn't even know we still use horses as well???????????????????????????

Bwhahahahaha I LOVE IT!

Oddly enough he said "fewer" horses as well.
Now, clearly English is a new language to you so I'll help you out.
'Fewer' means a lesser number.
However, and let me be very clear on this, it does not have the same definition as 'none'.

Good luck with your English Comprehension classes, I hope you pass.

I hope you pass basic math.
In Monday night's debate President Obama attempted to mock Mitt Romney's valid point about the shameful shrinkage of U.S. naval assets by saying "we also have fewer horses and bayonets" than we did in 1916. The horse point is a given, but bayonets -- particularly the M9 -- are still part of the inventory. And U.S. Army and Marine forces -- the primary bayonet users -- are much larger than they were in the old days. In June 1916 the U.S. had 108,399 active duty Soldiers and 10,601 Marines, or 119,000 total. The numbers in September 2011 were 565,463 Army and 201,157 Marines, or 766,620 total.

Granted the bayonet has lost the importance it had in military doctrine 100 years ago, but if we are simply fact-checking their number, I would guess a force seven times the size of the one in 1916 has more, not fewer, bayonets. Around 400,000 M9s have been procured since 1984. In 2011 the U.S. government posted a solicitation for 40,000 new M9 bayonets, which would have supplied 40% of the 1916 Army, or four for every Marine.

Read more: TRR: Obama Sticks it to Romney on Bayonets - Washington Times TRR: Obama Sticks it to Romney on Bayonets - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Last edited:

According to the RW blogosphere, only the Marines are now issued bayonets. The entire military would have been issued them in 1916. It is logical that there are fewer bayonets now than in 1916.

Of course the entire military would have been issued bayonets. Why? Because during the year 1916, it was WW I and trench warfare.

Does the military (and being all inclusive, that includes Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines) have fewer bayonets today? If only the Marines are using them, again the answer is yes.

Dem's are notorious for getting our forces into conflicts unprepared. Shit happens. There is nothing wrong with being prepared and ready. You are lost in your own spin.

Didn't live during the Forties I guess when Democrats and FDR were trying to prep our defenses? First peace-time draft almost didn't get renewed, one month before Pearl Harbor. American isolationists fought FDR and Democrats every inch of the way.

Of course the entire military would have been issued bayonets. Why? Because during the year 1916, it was WW I and trench warfare.

Does the military (and being all inclusive, that includes Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines) have fewer bayonets today? If only the Marines are using them, again the answer is yes.

Since the US Army still uses the M9 bayonet, the answer is no.
The M9 Bayonet is officially known as a "multi-purpose knife." However, it is a bayonet that has been in use with the U.S. Army since 1984. Designed to fit on the end of the M16 series of rifles, the M9 Bayonet is a melee weapon used to stab enemy soldiers during close quarter combat. The M9 Bayonet can also be used with M4 series rifles and some shotguns.

In addition to its main function, the M9 Bayonet can also be used as a saw, utility knife and wire cutter. The knife has a seven inch blade and a sheath that also functions as the weapon’s wire cutter. More than 400,000 of the M9 Bayonets have been produced since it was first introduced.

Commercial Use

In addition to its role with the U.S. Army, versions of the M9 Bayonet have been sold commercially for civilian use – mainly to hunters. The M9 Bayonet features a blade that is 20 per cent thicker than on previous bayonets used by the U.S. Army. And although the bayonet is not as popular as in the past, the weapon is still used today by soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. The M9 Bayonet is popular with soldiers given the multiple roles it can perform.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyweapons/a/bayonet.htm

Forum List

Back