Mr. President, Marines Still Use Bayonets

How many casualties have American bayonets caused the enemy in the last five years?
Does the army still have bayonet training or has that gone the way of KP and squads left or squads right?

sigh....you fucking retard. There is two separate issues here, that are trying to make into one in order to have a point.

There is actually only one, that is that Obama was wrong.

On one hand yes Obama was trying to make Romney look like he was out of touch with reality.

Exactly my point.

Feel free to point out where, in that sentence, I said he said anything. What I clearly said is this is what he thought. If you want to dispute that this is what he thought, feel free to explain why he went to the trouble of explaining the basic concept of aircraft carriers, which actually dates back to 1909, in an attempt to paint Romney as out of touch.

By the way, the fact that aircraft carrier dates back to WWI proves how out of touch Obama is.

HE NEVER STATED THIS. You are wrong, end of story. Stop trying to make this about the whole quote, that proves nothing.

I never said he did, did I?

Which if you notice the OP is the point of this whole thing. so therefore you are still wrong in the aspect of him saying we dont use Horses or bayonets.

Except we do use both horses and bayonets. In fact, we have more bayonets now than we did in 1916, which makes Obama wrong even if we stick to exactly what he did say.
Let's do some math, shall we?

In 1917 - the year Romney mentioned, there were how many troops? Oh yes, there was something going on then (need a hint?) and every troop was issued a bayonet.

How many troops? 4.7 million in 1917.

There are roughly 1.5 million people in all the combined forces today. (202k approx in the Marines.)

Now you tell me which number is greater.

<Jeopardy music up>

Next we'll tackle the horses...

How many casualties have American bayonets caused the enemy in the last five years?
Does the army still have bayonet training or has that gone the way of KP and squads left or squads right?
You could probably count them on your fingers of one hand.

Bout the time of the Korean war was the last time of any bayonet charge, and even then, it was not common.

And yes, they are used less. Just like Obama said.

Direct answer to your question:

Army Abandons Bayonets for Calisthenics - CBS News

sigh....you fucking retard. There is two separate issues here, that are trying to make into one in order to have a point.

Exactly my point.

Feel free to point out where, in that sentence, I said he said anything. What I clearly said is this is what he thought. If you want to dispute that this is what he thought, feel free to explain why he went to the trouble of explaining the basic concept of aircraft carriers, which actually dates back to 1909, in an attempt to paint Romney as out of touch.

By the way, the fact that aircraft carrier dates back to WWI proves how out of touch Obama is.

Which if you notice the OP is the point of this whole thing. so therefore you are still wrong in the aspect of him saying we dont use Horses or bayonets.

Except we do use both horses and bayonets. In fact, we have more bayonets now than we did in 1916, which makes Obama wrong even if we stick to exactly what he did say.

In 1917 - the year Romney mentioned, there were how many troops? Oh yes, there was something going on then (need a hint?) and every troop was issued a bayonet.

There are roughly 1.5 million people in all the combined forces today. (202k approx in the Marines.)

<Jeopardy music up>

You are counting people in the military, not bayonets nor bayonets is use. The army no longer has bayonet training, Bayonets may even be phased out of the Marine Corps in the near future. The real use of the bayonet after WW I was opening boxes and cans, and even at that they were secondary to the knife.

another keyboard commando heard from

*yawn*

Keyboard commando? You are indeed funny.

Good men are always opposed to evil, dear lady. and those with strength use it to protect the things they value. If you don't understand that, you are a fool.

In truth, I would not do anything which was against the law, but I can assure you that IF it were legal for me to do so, I would personally kick his un-American ass up and down Pennsylvania Avenue. I truly feel sorry for you if you would not do it and you don't know anyone who would.

Thank God for man and women who - unlike you - were and are willing put their lives on the line for what they believe.

You are obviously a keyboard and a real-life coward.

I will give you the last word. You do not deserve my time.

Feel free to kiss my motherfucking USMC ass.

Last edited:
Technology doesn't mean squat on the battlefield, which is why every special forces soldier in the world always carries a knife.

it doesn't? tell that to the Polish in WWII that rode horses into the battlefield against Germany who used tanks...

Yeah technology means squat. Holy motherfucking shit you are one dumb person.

edit, you and Freedombecki since she thanked you.

The British? the same ones who are famous for the charge of the Light Brigade?

no Polish, i said POLISH.....jesus stop changing the subject....moron.

Exactly my point.

<Jeopardy music up>

In 1916, which is the year Obama mentioned, there were 120,000 people in the Army and Marines combined, today the US Army says it has more than 600,000 bayonets in stock.

Which one do you think is bigger?

Exactly my point.

<Jeopardy music up>

You are counting people in the military, not bayonets nor bayonets is use. The army no longer has bayonet training, Bayonets may even be phased out of the Marine Corps in the near future. The real use of the bayonet after WW I was opening boxes and cans, and even at that they were secondary to the knife.

Yet they still have 600,000 in stock, and are ordering 200,000 more.

it doesn't? tell that to the Polish in WWII that rode horses into the battlefield against Germany who used tanks...

Yeah technology means squat. Holy motherfucking shit you are one dumb person.

edit, you and Freedombecki since she thanked you.

The British? the same ones who are famous for the charge of the Light Brigade?

no Polish, i said POLISH.....jesus stop changing the subject....moron.

You seem upset, does your brain hurt?

another keyboard commando heard from

*yawn*

Keyboard commando? You are indeed funny.

Good men are always opposed to evil, dear lady. and those with strength use it to protect the things they value. If you don't understand that, you are a fool.

In truth, I would not do anything which was against the law, but I can assure you that IF it were legal for me to do so, I would personally kick his un-American ass up and down Pennsylvania Avenue. I truly feel sorry for you if you would not do it and you don't know anyone who would.

Thank God for man and women who - unlike you - were and are willing put their lives on the line for what they believe.

You are obviously a keyboard and a real-life coward.

I will give you the last word. You do not deserve my time.

Feel free to kiss my motherfucking USMC ass.

^
internet tough guy

*yawn*

I think before Mitt Romney makes any more attempts to regale us with his self-styled expertise on sea power and naval deployments,

he ought to learn where the Persian Gulf is.

Mr. President, Marines Still Use Bayonets

How frightening that the CINC doesn't even know what kind of weapons his very troops use??! More proof this plastic President is TOTALLY CLUELESS!

How frightening that you can't distinguish between "fewer" and "none",

Congrats, you're an idiot. :thup:

LGS is living proof that the expression 'fucked her brains out' is not just a figure of speech.

The only way you can prove that Obama is right is by proving we had more than 600,000 bayonets in 1916. Since you can't, you have to try to pretend me pointing out that Obama thought we don't have bayonets anymore is wrong. The problem is, you can't do that either, so you are flailing around in complete confusion, and I am having a great time.

it wasn't about knives, it was about technology you dipshit, that was the point in context. It was a metaphor.

Technology doesn't mean squat on the battlefield, which is why every special forces soldier in the world always carries a knife.

Right, technology is useless on the battlefield. That's why the radio never caught on. Or night-vision goggles.

Or the atomic bomb.

You seem to be talking to someone else, I never once said Obama said there were no bayonets.

Here ya go
He was trying to paint Romney as old fashioned by saying he doesn't understand how the military works now by pointing out two things the military doesn't use any more. He failed.
I know what you're going to say next (maybe I'm clairvoyant as well), which will confirm your failure in this discussion - as pedantry is the last resort in a failed argument.

Where does that say "Obama said that we don't use bayonets?:

Annnnd...there ya go.
I must be clairvoyant.
I know you walked into that ironically, but I guess you had nowhere else to go anyway.
Disappointing.

I think before Mitt Romney makes any more attempts to regale us with his self-styled expertise on sea power and naval deployments,

he ought to learn where the Persian Gulf is.

I think that if anything goes down the Persian Gulf will be cut off. It will be a death trap. I think you know that too. Grow up.

it wasn't about knives, it was about technology you dipshit, that was the point in context. It was a metaphor.

Right, technology is useless on the battlefield. That's why the radio never caught on. Or night-vision goggles.

Or the atomic bomb.

You are absolutely right, thanks to all of those things no human being will ever be killed in battle again.

Forum List

Back