‘Mr. Wonderful’ slams Trump ruling: ‘You might as well find guilty every real estate developer on Earth’

Obviously, TRUMP! had a stellar reputation for repaying loans fully and on time

As evidenced by his multiple bankruptcies right?
As evidenced by banks being willing to loan him millions on nothing more than his word. That's real good money management, right?

So you just contradicted yourself, congrats! But we're making progress!

So you can claim potential market value, that's how business works.
Okay. What would happen if I took out a mortgage to build a house and never intended to build the house and instead spent the money on a huge party.

Moreover, let’s say I was never even legally entitled to build the house on that property in the first place.

Would that be fraud?

Falsely claiming a higher net worth to get a favorable deal is fraud.

The value of a property has to follow accounting principles. Current market value means the current value. Words have meaning.

They could choose to loan him money with no collateral if they can attenuate the risk, it has nothing to do with fraud.

Falsely claiming a higher net worth to get a favorable deal is fraud.

The value of a property has to follow accounting principles. Current market value means the current value. Words have meaning.

a negotiated value for collateral is not false.

follow, but not be limited directly to. Again, it's a negotiation between two parties, and if they agree on a value for collateral, that's the agreed upon value.

Is the bank claiming they were defrauded?

Okay. What would happen if I took out a mortgage to build a house and never intended to build the house and instead spent the money on a huge party.

Moreover, let’s say I was never even legally entitled to build the house on that property in the first place.

Would that be fraud?

That would never happen, that's what seems to escape you, banks do not allow that to happen. Just as they don't take someone's word for their wealth or valuation of their property, regardless of what they are told.

They could choose to loan him money with no collateral if they can attenuate the risk, it has nothing to do with fraud.
If someone lies to a bank to get a better deal, that certainly is fraud. It has nothing to do with whether the bank accepts it or not.

Just like you never do?

No, it's not fraud, if you're stupid enough to pay for a piece of property that you failed to verify value on, then that's on you.

I just sold a house for 25K over asking for cash, no inspections, no appraisals, nothing. If the property isn't worth that, I have committed no fraud by selling it for that price. You really have no understanding whatsoever of the real estate business.

Did I commit fraud here? Yes or no?

That would never happen, that's what seems to escape you, banks do not allow that to happen. Just as they don't take someone's word for their wealth or valuation of their property, regardless of what they are told.
Seeing as how I remember the subprime mortgage crisis from 2008, banks sure can do lots of stupid things.

The point here is that a potential value could only be used to securitize a loan if the bank would have the ability to make sure the improvements were going to occur.

There was absolutely no such situation here.

Seeing as how I remember the subprime mortgage crisis from 2008, banks sure can do lots of stupid things.

The point here is that a potential value could only be used to securitize a loan if the bank would have the ability to make sure the improvements were going to occur.

There was absolutely no such situation here.

And they absolutely do have that ability, you have no idea what all was part of Trump's deal with the bank.

Did I commit fraud here? Yes or no?
Of course not. There is no lying involved in your scenario.

Fraud requires deception. As long as you have accurately represented the condition of the house, it’s not fraud.

And they absolutely do have that ability, you have no idea what all was part of Trump's deal with the bank.
Did Trump just forget to mention that part of the deal at trial?

If not, I think we have a pretty good idea that it was not part of the deal. It’s a fact that the mansions were never built.

Of course not. There is no lying involved in your scenario.

Fraud requires deception. As long as you have accurately represented the condition of the house, it’s not fraud.

How do you deceive with something that can be easily verified?

Your original statement: You can’t claim potential improvements of a property in the current market value since those improvements do not exist currently. Words have meaning.

How does one get a loan to build a house on a vacant piece of land?
Do you enjoy banging your head on cement?

Did Trump just forget to mention that part of the deal at trial?

If not, I think we have a pretty good idea that it was not part of the deal. It’s a fact that the mansions were never built.

It doesn't matter whether they were or not, because that really has no contextual meaning in relation to the loan in any case. Do you think that everything pertaining to this transaction was discussed at trial?

Forum List

Back