‘Mr. Wonderful’ slams Trump ruling: ‘You might as well find guilty every real estate developer on Earth’

Trump told the banks what he thought they were worth, the banks decided what they thought they were worth.

Any difference of opinion there isn’t fraud, Simp.
Its not a difference of opinion if your opinion is based on false information.

What fraud? Who was defrauded?

You just throw the word fraud out because that's what that dipshit DA did, and found a hack judge to go along with it.
Trump made false claims in his financial statement with the intent of getting a better deal on a loan.

That’s fraud. I know you know this, so why are you asking?

Trump made false claims in his financial statement with the intent of getting a better deal on a loan.

That’s fraud. I know you know this, so why are you asking?

No it isn't, because no one was actually defrauded.

No injured party, no fraud.

There is no actual market value of a property until the market determines it via sale.

Everything else is an estimate, and thus by common sense cannot be false, and thus not fraud.
Determining current market value is done on properties all the time.

To determine current market value, they consider the facts of the property. If someone lied about the facts of the property, then the estimate is a lie. That’s common sense.

Determining current market value is done on properties all the time.

To determine current market value, they consider the facts of the property. If someone lied about the facts of the property, then the estimate is a lie. That’s common sense.

Estimating the current market value is done all the time. The actual value at a given time isn't set until the property is sold.

Estimates are just that, estimates. And that's what is provided as a value for collateral.

Estimating the current market value is done all the time. The actual value at a given time isn't set until the property is sold.

Estimates are just that, estimates. And that's what is provided as a value for collateral.
Estimates are based on facts. They don’t just make up a number out of thin air.

The defense was allowed to call witnesses and they did.

I never said the testimony transcript was available. If it is, I don’t know where to find it and I haven’t gone looking for it. There were plenty of reporters and other parties at the trial.

The judge did determine the statement was fraudulent and explained in great detail how he came to that conclusion.

Im still waiting to hear from you what he got wrong.
The hack judge also determined that 20 acres of prime waterfront property in Palm Beach was worth only $18 million when a single lot in the area went for much more than that, and local experts put the value un the hundreds of millions.

He didn't attempt any fraud. he provided his estimate, the bank accepted it or something similar, they entered a contract, he paid off the loan on time and with interest.

No fraud.
He lied about the values of his properties to get a better deal.

Thats attempting

The hack judge also determined that 20 acres of prime waterfront property in Palm Beach was worth only $18 million when a single lot in the area went for much more than that, and local experts put the value un the hundreds of millions.
That’s not actually true. Nowhere in the judgement did he say what it was worth. Merely that the facts would not support Trump’s claim of what it was worth.

You should read the judgement and not just believe everything they say in conservative media.

Estimates are based on facts. They don’t just make up a number out of thin air.

Based on assumptions, including other sales in the area, improvements on the property, current market conditions, and future assumptions of growth or decline in the area.

I suppose several ways, but the loan would probably be securitized by the presumed future value of the property.

Would such a loan require the house to be built as one of the conditions?
Was he applying for a construction loan? Ever heard of them?

Okay. What would happen if I took out a mortgage to build a house and never intended to build the house and instead spent the money on a huge party.

Moreover, let’s say I was never even legally entitled to build the house on that property in the first place.

Would that be fraud?
More made up fantasies.

Try the real world, Simp.

Based on assumptions, including other sales in the area, improvements on the property, current market conditions, and future assumptions of growth or decline in the area.
Improvements on the property are not assumptions. They either exist or they don’t.

Forum List

Back