Ms California faces disqualification

You know we can't have that. :eusa_hand:

It's my understanding that when you get a contract with something like this, whether Miss America or American Idol, you agree that you represent only the views of the organization for however long you work for them. You also agree that you haven't misrepresented any material facts.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks there's some entitlement to be able to use THIER forum to represent ones own views, no matter what the views are.

If she lied about photos and not posing previously, that's one thing, and should be dealt with as a separate issue. When asked for her opinion, and actually giving it, that's entirely another. (IMO, of course. :D)

It's my understanding that when you get a contract with something like this, whether Miss America or American Idol, you agree that you represent only the views of the organization for however long you work for them. You also agree that you haven't misrepresented any material facts.

I'm not sure why anyone thinks there's some entitlement to be able to use THIER forum to represent ones own views, no matter what the views are.

I can understand that; however, was she not asked her personal opinion at the contest? That might be using their forum, but THEY asked. Does the contract say that no matter what the question only PC answers will be given in response?

If she is traveling around as Miss California, representing the pageant and preaching her personal viewpoint, I can see there being an issue. At the same time, the pageant or a representative of the pageant is the one who made this an issue during the pageant.

Where's the fine line?

If she lied about photos and not posing previously, that's one thing, and should be dealt with as a separate issue. When asked for her opinion, and actually giving it, that's entirely another. (IMO, of course. :D)

Meh ... does it matter, when one happens they will always connect them even if the other had nothing to do with it. It's all just a popularity contest, she isn't popular enough to win now ...

Meh ... does it matter, when one happens they will always connect them even if the other had nothing to do with it. It's all just a popularity contest, she isn't popular enough to win now ...

No? Look at all the popularity she's gained just on this board alone now...

No? Look at all the popularity she's gained just on this board alone now...

Okay, she isn't popular enough with the judges who determine the winner.

The plight of the beautiful people. They face hardship no matter what they do! sigh...

I have no idea whether or not she has violated some contract, but this is utterly ridiculous. Its ridiculous that they asked the question in the first place, and its ridiculous that the pageant owners are trying to impose their morality on the contestants.

The plight of the beautiful people. They face hardship no matter what they do! sigh...

I have no idea whether or not she has violated some contract, but this is utterly ridiculous. Its ridiculous that they asked the question in the first place, and its ridiculous that the pageant owners are trying to impose their morality on the contestants.
Why? It's their contest after all.

So according to Jillian and Ravi the contestants signed an agreement that they would not ever voice their opinion when ask it during the pageant? Did the pageant provide them a list of acceptable answers to all known questions? Did the pageant instruct the Judges on acceptable questions?

So according to Jillian and Ravi the contestants signed an agreement that they would not ever voice their opinion when ask it during the pageant? Did the pageant provide them a list of acceptable answers to all known questions? Did the pageant instruct the Judges on acceptable questions?
I doubt that. But I do believe that they signed something that said the judges decisions were final.

It's a fucking beauty contest. Get a grip.

btw, don't they get judged on their congeniality? Putting down a large group of Americans isn't exactly congenial. I'm sure you nuts would be outraged if she'd lost because she said Republicans shouldn't be allowed to be married.

:lol:

Thoughts?
"LOS ANGELES – Carrie Prejean's association with Christians opposed to homosexual marriage could be a factor in whether she keeps her Miss California crown.
The Miss California USA pageant says its co-directors plan to address whether Prejean will hold onto her crown amid allegations of contract violations.
Keith Lewis said Friday that he and fellow co-director Shanna Moakler will make their case public Monday. He says they and Prejean's representatives are close to a resolution.
The state pageant is investigating whether the 21-year-old old violated her contract by making public appearances with groups opposed to homosexual marriage and by failing to reveal that she had posed in her underwear as a teenager.
Lewis says Miss USA contest owner Donald Trump will make the decision on whether to disqualify Prejean. She was named first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant on April 19. "

She signed a contract that said she is not entitled to her opinion? How American.:eusa_hand:
she also signed a contract saying she wouldn't pose topless. And her getting her titles taken away due to these picture is very american just aske vanessa williams. Beauty queens get their crown taken away for the crap all the time.

OMG! She told the truth and Perez Hilton didn't like it! I suppose he and the other judges would have preferred she just nod her head and say, "yes sir".

If anything, this article is a huge black mark on the Miss California Pageant and the Miss USA Pageant, not on Carrie Prejean.

It seems to me that some liberals don't like the truth and get upset when someone has a point of view that doesn't agree with their own. Whatever happened to tolerance? Oh, yeah, not from the left. How sad!

Immie

Now the press is going after her because she got BREAST IMPLANTS!

Gasp! A beauty contestant with BREAST IMPLANTS!

What is the world coming too?

OMG! She told the truth and Perez Hilton didn't like it! I suppose he and the other judges would have preferred she just nod her head and say, "yes sir".

If anything, this article is a huge black mark on the Miss California Pageant and the Miss USA Pageant, not on Carrie Prejean.

It seems to me that some liberals don't like the truth and get upset when someone has a point of view that doesn't agree with their own. Whatever happened to tolerance? Oh, yeah, not from the left. How sad!

Immie
I think I've watch this show once in my life...and yes, you get disqualified if you look uncongenial. Why is everyone so shocked?

Hilton is an idiot but this is just the way the free market works. Stepford wives win beauty contests so they need to answer to please the judges and no one else.

Maybe we need a law to regulate beauty contests. :eusa_eh:

Immie
I think I've watch this show once in my life...and yes, you get disqualified if you look uncongenial. Why is everyone so shocked?

Hilton is an idiot but this is just the way the free market works. Stepford wives win beauty contests so they need to answer to please the judges and no one else.

how does this explain the hate of MSNBC doyathink?

Which is why I always tell my daughter, who is literally drop-dead gorgeous and who is continually being told she is...."Beauty is as beauty does." I don't ever want her to depend on her looks for her living, however lovely she is.

Beauty is fleeting, no matter how much plastic surgery you have, and the people who maintain beauty the longest are NOT just pretty faces.

These competitions are horrible.

I doubt that. But I do believe that they signed something that said the judges decisions were final.

Exactly. Its a beauty contest. So why are they asking about something as controversial such as gay marriage?

Unless, of course, they are trying to generate publicity.

Immie

So honesty and integrity have no place in the world of Beauty Contests? How terribly sad this world is. :(

I guess as long as she is gorgeous on the outside she can be an ugly liar on the inside. :(

Immie

Last edited:

Exactly. Its a beauty contest. So why are they asking about something as controversial such as gay marriage?

Unless, of course, they are trying to generate publicity.

Much better to perpetuate the myth that beautiful women have no brains and spout off your desire for world peace, or your future plans as a preschool teacher.

Forum List

Back