🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

MSNBC contributor's racist comment about Bobby Jindal

What "racial slur" was "hurled"?
So if a Fox contributor said "Obama was trying to wash some of the black off himself" you would be fine with that?

Poor analogy.

It's more like if a Fox News contributor had said that a white Democrat was trying to wash some of the white off to appeal to black or latino voters. That isn't racist, it's accusing the politician of pandering and the Democratic base of anti-white racism.

The statement was definitely racist, being a cheap shot at Bobby Jindal based on the fact that he has "brown skin."

How can anyone seriously deny this?

You mean other than Piyush was pandering to the Bubba-Redneck vote who really thinks there are "no go Zones" in Europe?

The statement was definitely racist, being a cheap shot at Bobby Jindal based on the fact that he has "brown skin."

How can anyone seriously deny this?

It wasn't a derogatory comment about Governor Jindal's skin color, but how many on the left perceive the GOP base as racists and a dark-skinned Republican politician pandering to them.

Granted it was stupid, definitely a cheap shot, but not racist. If you think so, you either don't understand the comment or what racism is.

How is it a lie ? Jindal like many of us has no doubt read stories about the no-go areas for years now.
Maybe it's not true, maybe there's some truth to it. Regardless, I don't see a "lie" here when it could simply be misinformation.

Well unlike people like you, who believe whatever shit you read on ToonHall and hear on Hate Radio, Piyush has an obligation to find out of something is true or not before he says it.

I'm wondering why there is so much outrage when Jindal LIES about Muslim no-go zones.

I mean crap................on Monday there was an interview done by a European station that challenged him on his comments and he doubled down on it. When the reporter told Jindal that his allegations were false, Jindal asked why the liberals in Europe were ignoring it.

How is it a lie ? Jindal like many of us has no doubt read stories about the no-go areas for years now.
Maybe it's not true, maybe there's some truth to it. Regardless, I don't see a "lie" here when it could simply be misinformation.

Don't give a politician a pass just because he is misinformed and a Reublican. You wouldn't do so for a misinformed liberal, now would you?

Granted it was stupid, definitely a cheap shot, but not racist. If you think so, you either don't understand the comment or what racism is.

The American Left has so over-used and diluted the term "racist" that it appears to apply to anything within 300 miles of being racist.

It can be just a racial comment (there is a difference between "racial" and "racist"), it can be a criticism, a statement based on data, or even just a comment about skin color, it doesn't matter.

In fact, it can be nothing at all. They'll still find a way to cram the term into the conversation.

The hardcore American Left will jump on any opportunity with both feet and call it "racist". This strategic, intellectually dishonest hypersensitivity has been fabulously successful for them in putting their targets on the defensive and avoiding honest conversation - which, by the way, has not only shut down honest conversations about race in this country but also exacerbated racial divisions. Tragically.

Many people who don't exist on the hardcore Left have had enough of this dishonest strategy and are shoving back in the face of those who leverage it, and with great glee.

There. I made that absolutely as clear as I can.

Last edited:
What "racial slur" was "hurled"?
So if a Fox contributor said "Obama was trying to wash some of the black off himself" you would be fine with that?

Sure.

You didn't answer my question. What "slur" was "hurled"?
Your answer was a lie. You would lose your mind if a republican said that about Obama. Why would he now answer your questions, when you are a known liar?

:lol:

There's really nothing more entertaining to me than people who think that claiming to read minds is a cogent argument.

What else does your crystal ball tell you, great swami?
My 'Crystal Ball', not the LIB **** on MSNBS let's me you are now on PI.

I'm wondering why there is so much outrage when Jindal LIES about Muslim no-go zones.

I mean crap................on Monday there was an interview done by a European station that challenged him on his comments and he doubled down on it. When the reporter told Jindal that his allegations were false, Jindal asked why the liberals in Europe were ignoring it.

I've lived in France for an extended time. Oh ya. There are 'No-Go zones. They aren't cordoned off. If you are a non-Muslim and you go into one of these areas you soon know you are in one. Example. No one will ever speak to you in any language but Arabic. They can literally smell a non-believer. You won't be served in any store. They ignore you until you leave.
Never enter at night and walk the streets. You WILL be threatened and spit on from the shadows.
To be clear these areas are not Flea Markets. Muslims leave their no-go zones to do business in these open air markets away from where they live.

The hardcore American Left will jump on any opportunity with both feet and call it "racist". This strategic, intellectually dishonest hypersensitivity has been fabulously successful for them in putting their targets on the defensive and avoiding honest conversation - which, by the way, has not only shut down honest conversations about race in this country but also exacerbated racial divisions. Tragically.

again, when you are starting a sentence wiht "Well you know, this might sound racist..." you should probably stop right there. Nothing good has every completed that sentence.

again, when you are starting a sentence wiht "Well you know, this might sound racist..." you should probably stop right there. Nothing good has every completed that sentence.

If I ever said that, you might be right. Of course, I never said that, but that never stops you.

What I said was correct.

The American Left has so over-used and diluted the term "racist" that it appears to apply to anything within 300 miles of being racist.

It can be just a racial comment (there is a difference between "racial" and "racist"), it can be a criticism, a statement based on data, or even just a comment about skin color, it doesn't matter.

In fact, it can be nothing at all. They'll still find a way to cram the term into the conversation.

Many people who don't exist on the hardcore Left have had enough of this dishonest strategy and are shoving back in the face of those who leverage it, and with great glee.

You paint with a broad brush.

I fall on the liberal side of the political spectrum and agree that the term racist has been overused by everyone, not just the left, in an attempt to fit it into a political agenda.

Some of us on the left think that Sharpton is going to far. Even Larry Willmore, whose new political show replaced The Colbert report, commented on Al Sharpton's actions being over the top and his show is aimed at black people.

There is a need to have a conversation about race in our society, and its because of racism and racial biases. Even if you believe "white privelege" doesn't exist, it seems indeniable that "black disadvantage" does.

You paint with a broad brush.

I fall on the liberal side of the political spectrum and agree that the term racist has been overused by everyone, not just the left, in an attempt to fit it into a political agenda.

Some of us on the left think that Sharpton is going to far. Even Larry Willmore, whose new political show replaced The Colbert report, commented on Al Sharpton's actions being over the top and his show is aimed at black people.

There is a need to have a conversation about race in our society, and its because of racism and racial biases. Even if you believe "white privelege" doesn't exist, it seems indeniable that "black disadvantage" does.

How can we have the conversation when anyone who tries to be truthful about anything negative with regards to blacks themselves is instantly called a racist?

Yes, we had Slavery, Yes we had Jim Crow, Yes there are people still out there in power who see blacks as inferior. But in the past 30 years a large part of the issues the black community has are self inflicted.

Whites did most of their damage decades or even centuries ago. While there are still some who continue to do it, the black community needs to look into the mirror to see most of their current problems, but like most people, they don't want to blame themselves.

Tsk tsk MSNBC.

MSNBC Guest Hurls Racial Slur At Gov. Bobby
Jindal

MSNBC has been forced to cut ties with one of its regular guest experts after he made a racially-charged slur against Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.

Arsalan Iftikhar, a human rights attorney and TV commentator, was responding to Jindal’s statements about alleged “no-go zones” in Europe in an interview with MNSBC anchor Alex Wagner

According to Iftikhar, “I think Gov. Jindal is protesting a bit too much … he might be trying to, you know, scrub some of the brown off of his skin as he runs to the right in a Republican presidential exploratory bid…”

Wagner seemed to gloss over this apparently racist statement and just moved on. See embed below.

Jindal, who is considered likely to seek the presidency in 2016, is of Indian heritage.

Yesterday, an MSBC spokesman announced that “We found this guest’s comments offensive and unacceptable and we don’t plan on inviting him back.”

In response to Iftikahar’s original allegation, the two-term governor told the Washington Examiner that “It’s embarrassing for MSNBC to give voice to such shallow foolishness. Much like Michael Moore denigrating our military servicemen, these comments deserve no comment… I will not be silenced. Radical Islam must be stopped, and we must stop pretending. It is time for the Western world to face reality…”

For his part, Iftikahar told CNN (a network where he also appears often) that “I will apologize to Bobby Jindal when he apologizes to seven million American Muslims for advancing the debunked ‘Muslim no-go zones’ myth.”

The supposed existence of no-go zones has been addressed by various media outlets in the past. Since Fox News had to apologize for a guest who falsely claimed that the city of Birmingham in the U.K. was “totally Muslim,” there may or may not be some reverse-engineering going on by journalists.

The Gatestone Institute think tank claims that “The problem of no-go zones is well documented, but multiculturalists and their politically correct supporters vehemently deny that they exist. Some are now engaged in a concerted campaign to discredit and even silence those who draw attention to the issue.”

Nigel Farage, a member of the European Parliament and leader of the populist UK Independence Party, has also declared that certain self-contained Muslim enclaves in Europe, where police no longer regularly patrol, operate under Sharia Law rather than civil law.

Read more at MSNBC Guest Hurls Racial Slur At Gov. Bobby Jindal Video

the right wing political correctness meets the left wing political correctness.

:clap2:

Well unlike people like you, who believe whatever shit you read on ToonHall and hear on Hate Radio, Piyush has an obligation to find out of something is true or not before he says it.

I've came across many different stories on this topic for years, and from different sources. I've never assumed the claims were all true, or false.
I'm betting though, there are areas all through Europe like there are in this country, where the crime rate is high, and they are best avoided. That doesn't mean the places in Europe are necessarily all "Muslim", but I'm certain many of them are dominated by Muslims, and I'm betting the police like ordinary citizens tend to avoid certain areas.

The actual original meaning of "racism" was the belief that one race was superior to others.
Today the definition has evolved and grown and now used to define any kind of derogatory comment involving race or skin color, or discrimination when race is involved. It's now one big umbrella.
What this guy said was not a "slur" in the classic sense, but it is fair to throw what he said into the modern mix of the definition of "racism".

I've came across many different stories on this topic for years, and from different sources. I've never assumed the claims were all true, or false.
I'm betting though, there are areas all through Europe like there are in this country, where the crime rate is high, and they are best avoided. That doesn't mean the places in Europe are necessarily all "Muslim", but I'm certain many of them are dominated by Muslims, and I'm betting the police like ordinary citizens tend to avoid certain areas.

Here's the thing.

The United Kingdom had all of 623 homicides in 2012. France had 743. The United States had 14,827. So it is hilarious to listen to Americans on Faux News and Hate Radio scream about countries being so dangerous when they have lower national homicide rates than a lot of individual cities in the US.

Hey, now would be a good place to insert a crack about Chicago, because frankly, that's what Hate Radio has taught you how to do it.

Forum List

Back