MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry » All Your Kids Belong To Us

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
When I see shit like this, I just know where it will lead if liberals have their way. They want to raise our children, or at least mold their minds, to ensure every child is properly indoctrinated according to liberal views. Is it any wonder that there are so many government dependents when some liberal politicians convince people that society is responsible for everything in their lives? It's somehow society's fault that these people did so poorly in school, not the fault of teachers' unions and extensive government involvement in our public schools. It's somehow society's fault that some people are undesirable to employers or unwilling to work. It's society's fault that entire neighborhoods have turned to slums because the people living there don't take pride in their communities.

If the liberals truly believe children belong to society and not parents, then it's a matter of time before they claim they have the right to make all decisions regarding the child and might even punish parents if they don't follow the rules that the "real parents" make.

I know the adage that 'it takes a village to raise a child', but there are too damn many village idiots these days and they are the reason we lock our doors at night and do what we need in order to keep our children away from them.

It would also appear that many adults consider themselves property and responsibility of society. It's a heavy load that grows more burdensome by the day.

On March 23, my colleague Mark Finkelstein noted how MSNBC's Melissa
Harris-Perry considers the unborn child a "thing" which takes a "lot of money"
to "turn into a human," costing thousands of dollars to care for each year of
his/her life. Now it appears that Harris-Perry thinks that, after they're born,
children fundamentally belong to the state. Narrating a new MSNBC "Lean
Forward" spot, the Tulane professor laments that we in America "haven't had a
very collective notion that these are our children." "[W]e have to break through
our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to
their families, and recognize that kids belong to their communities,"
Harris-Perry argued.

MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry » All Your Kids Belong To Us
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3qtpdSQox0]MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry » All Your Kids Belong To Us - YouTube[/ame]

When I see shit like this, I just know where it will lead if liberals have their way. They want to raise our children, or at least mold their minds, to ensure every child is properly indoctrinated according to liberal views. Is it any wonder that there are so many government dependents when some liberal politicians convince people that society is responsible for everything in their lives? It's somehow society's fault that these people did so poorly in school, not the fault of teachers' unions and extensive government involvement in our public schools. It's somehow society's fault that some people are undesirable to employers or unwilling to work. It's society's fault that entire neighborhoods have turned to slums because the people living there don't take pride in their communities.

If the liberals truly believe children belong to society and not parents, then it's a matter of time before they claim they have the right to make all decisions regarding the child and might even punish parents if they don't follow the rules that the "real parents" make.

I know the adage that 'it takes a village to raise a child', but there are too damn many village idiots these days and they are the reason we lock our doors at night and do what we need in order to keep our children away from them.

It would also appear that many adults consider themselves property and responsibility of society. It's a heavy load that grows more burdensome by the day.

very collective notion that these are our children." "[W]e have to break through
Harris-Perry argued.

They are already doing just that. The schools have license to hit your child all they want. You, as a parent, do not.

Harris-Perry argued.

They are already doing just that. The schools have license to hit your child all they want. You, as a parent, do not.

Do you know which state(s) allow that?

I do think a good old spanking, or most often the mere threat of one, would do some smart ass kids some good.

I guess I am concerned about the schools messing with their minds. Now, they are making them afraid of guns and one school is accused of bullying a student for having conservative views. It's all gone too far and parents should get involved. Well, unless they are liberal parents who do nothing and leave it entirely up to the schools to raise their children. There are too many of those. Of course, when the left notices that they have successfully convince a growing number that it's not parents' responsibility to feed, cloth or teach their children, they gladly take over and the indoctrination begins.

Last edited:
You can reason with any child that is not brain damaged why they should cooperate with you as a parent.

hitting them shows them you dont care to explain and you are just a bully

You can reason with any child that is not brain damaged why they should cooperate with you as a parent.

hitting them shows them you dont care to explain you are just a bully

Old maids always know more about raising children than anyone else! :eek:

Do you know which state(s) allow that?

I do think a good old spanking, or most often the mere threat of one, would do some smart ass kids some good.

I guess I am concerned about the schools messing with their minds. Now, they are making them afraid of guns and one school is accused of bullying a student for having conservative views. It's all gone too far and parents should get involved. Well, unless they are liberal parents who do nothing and leave it entirely up to the schools to raise their children. There are too many of those. Of course, when the left notices that they have successfully convince a growing number that it's not parents' responsibility to feed, cloth or teach their children, they gladly take over and the indoctrination begins.

OK, well, I'm not your search engine. But since you asked:

Corporal Punishment in Public Schools, by State | Infoplease.com

Ahhhh yes, the collective rears its ugly head yet again. Children don't belong to you they belong to the collective and thus the collective can use and abuse them in any way it see's fit. That's why those wonderful examples of collectivist governments like Germany and the Soviet Union suffered 30 MILLION casualties during WWII alone. While the rest of the world fighting them suffered less than one million.

We care about our children because they're OURS!

Harris-Perry argued.

Well.... actually only in 21 states. The majority of which are red states:

States with Corporal Punishment in School - FamilyEducation.com

And your point is................? Oh wait, you don't have one.

hitting them shows them you dont care to explain and you are just a bully

Wow you're dumb.....and what does this have to do with what the MSNBC lady said.

I do think the OP did expose the true nature of politics. Democrats want every child to belong to the state. From that point of view, it explains ALL of their crazy policies and notions on children and control.

And your point is................? Oh wait, you don't have one.

LOL

The point would be: if you want to give your kid up to society and let the school smack them, you'll have better chances if you live in a red state.

did Jesus say you are your brothers keeper?

what do you think he meant by that?

did Jesus say you are your brothers keeper?

what do you think he meant by that?

First off you shouldnt be quoting Jesus....He meant to help a brotha out when needed, but Jesus didnt mandate it....so you atheists dont have to follow it, now do you?

Forum List

Back