MTP: Climate Change Discussion - no Deniers

A comprehensive conversation requires a wide range of viewpoints, including contrarians.

You never know what might pop up.

We just no longer care about that, because we're no longer listening.

And that is exactly what we are calling for. A comprehensive conversation regarding the best ways to combat climate change. I’m wide open to listening to any and all ideas related to combating the effects of climate change. Let’s have em.

The conversation regarding the existence of climate change has been had. The facts and evidence are not in dispute. Those who want to keep having that conversation so that a pretense of civility can be maintained are being disingenuous. That’s you.

And that is exactly what we are calling for. A comprehensive conversation regarding the best ways to combat climate change. I’m wide open to listening to any and all ideas related to combating the effects of climate change. Let’s have em.

The conversation regarding the existence of climate change has been had. The facts and evidence are not in dispute. Those who want to keep having that conversation so that a pretense of civility can be maintained are being disingenuous. That’s you.
First you have to accept the absurd: that man can control the weather.

Watching Meet the Press. They have dedicated the whole hour to climate change. They have no deniers on the panel and as Chuck Todd correctly stated the science is long since settled. Now it is time to discuss solutions.

A recent poll shows even a majority of Republicans do not dispute anthropogenic climate change.
Opinion | More Republicans Than You Think Support Action on Climate Change

I applaud Meet the Press. Time to push deniers and their pseudo science to the curb or back into closet. Choose your metaphor. They are just standing in the way and are no more than obstructionists.

We need to discuss only solutions and adaptations.
China is the leading culprit, what are you doing about the China Problem?

Your sophist games are noted and dismissed.

What is your real agenda? What is this really about?
Sophist games?

I'm shooing you off. Nothing more.

If you were really done, you would just stop replying.

But you can't let my point stand, yet you can't refute it. Hence silly word games.

NOTHING, proposed by you guys, would "save" the planet from the "problem" you claim to be worried about.

It would give the government massive power and funds to oppress US and lower our quality of life.

So, your real goal must be something else.
Lol.

But you can't let my point stand, yet you can't refute it. Hence silly word games.

NOTHING, proposed by you guys, would "save" the planet from the "problem" you claim to be worried about.

It would give the government massive power and funds to oppress US and lower our quality of life.

Lol again.

Lol.

You need to stop with this conspiracy nonsense. You need to acknowledge that some people just care about the state of the environment.

He admitted that that was not the case, at least with him.
See? He's hilarious!

First you have to accept the absurd: that man can control the weather.
Of course, this is how idiots and charlatans talk. The issue is not whether or not we can control the weather, but whether or not we can affect it.

That's the same con that Witch Doctors have used to manipulate people throughout history. Thunder God Angry! He must be APPEASED! Give me all of your money!

So you applaud bias and non diversity. Got it.
I applaud the need to change the debate to action and adaption. The science is settled. There are people still debating whether the earth is round. Time to move on or we will get nowhere.
Action and adaptation? Show me where the multi billions, some estimate over a trillion, has resulted in any meaningful action or adaption.
Well that is the purpose of the debate. To get to a solution that will work.

Q. How much must we lower CO2 in order to end climate change?

A. $78 Trillion

Forum List

Back