Muhammad, the greatest man (peace be upon him and his family)

Mod Edit: Questioning moderator decisions on the open boards is against the rules. PM one of the staff if you have a question.

Also, please remember that Religion runs under Zone 2 rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets.

"Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people"

This shows that there is a wisdom behind why a prophet came before another, behind why a prophet was sent here and not there, or there and not here.

"Now hath come unto you an Messenger from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. But if they turn away, Say: "(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" "

These verses clearly indicate the superiority of Muhammad over all prophets.

In addition, there's not just the Qur'an in Islam. There are the sayings of Muhammad (Hadiths). Muhammad said:

"Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."

Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) was the closest Companion of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). So if Abu Bakr is the greatest after the prophets, then among the prophets Muhammad is the greatest.

Muhammad said:

"I am the master of the sons of Adam, and I say this without pride."

and

"I was a prophet when Adam was between water and clay."

So Muhammad clearly talked of his superiority over other prophets.

Moreover, there are not just the Qur'an and the Hadiths. there are the saints of Islam, 124 000 saints of Islam after Muhammad and his Companions until today in 2014. It is forbidden to Muslims to read the Qur'an and the Hadiths and understand them as they are read. They must go to the saints of Islam. They have the authority to explain the meanings of the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and to explain the worship. The saints of Islam taught about the ultimate superiority of Muhammad over all 124 000 prophets (peace be upon him and his family).

Finally, there is the Traditional Islamic Knowledge. We know from it the absolute superiority of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

Irosie91,

The Qur'an existed from before eternity, and was revealed to Muhammad step by step during his lifetime, peace be upon him and his family.

Joseph Smith was a prophet, apostle, and seer. A seer is greater than a prophet.

It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets.

"Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people"

This shows that there is a wisdom behind why a prophet came before another, behind why a prophet was sent here and not there, or there and not here.

"Now hath come unto you an Messenger from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. But if they turn away, Say: "(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" "

In addition, there's not just the Qur'an in Islam. There are the sayings of Muhammad (Hadiths). Muhammad said:

"Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."

Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) was the closest Companion of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). So if Abu Bakr is the greatest after the prophets, then among the prophets Muhammad is the greatest.

Muhammad said:

and

Moreover, there are not just the Qur'an and the Hadiths. there are the saints of Islam, 124 000 saints of Islam after Muhammad and his Companions until today in 2014. It is forbidden to Muslims to read the Qur'an and the Hadiths and understand them as they are read. They must go to the saints of Islam. They have the authority to explain the meanings of the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and to explain the worship. The saints of Islam taught about the ultimate superiority of Muhammad over all 124 000 prophets (peace be upon him and his family).

Finally, there is the Traditional Islamic Knowledge. We know from it the absolute superiority of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

Irosie91,

The Qur'an existed from before eternity, and was revealed to Muhammad step by step during his lifetime, peace be upon him and his family.

Joseph Smith was a prophet, apostle, and seer. A seer is greater than a prophet.

a good cook is even better

Here’s the question you need to consider: How is it that a multitude of religions that existed prior to islam (some of which have come and gone), with not a single one of those religions’ written or oral scriptures, their adherents or the “prophets” of those religions ever making a single recorded reference to “islam”?

Prophets talked to their people about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), and prophets and righteous ones knew Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

At one point of time, the Jews almost succeeded in eradicating Christianity from earth. There was however one Christian faction which clung to the name Muhammad (Ahmad) that Jesus taught them about. This is how Christianity survived.

there is NO "ISLAMIC SCIENCE" ------nothing at
all.

The simple fact that I gave you the example of the name the Living (Al Hayy), telling you its numerical value was 18 should be a hint to you that there are complex Islamic sciences. Islamic sciences exist, and they are oceans of knowledge.

and yet there are no scriptures where any prior prophet talked about Mohammad. Dont you think that's odd?

Muhammad said:

and

Irosie91,

a good cook is even better

can't argue there good cooks are amazing.

Were it not for Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), nothing and no one would ever have been created.

Jesus told his disciples about Muhammad, because Moses had announced a saviour would come. So Jesus told them about Muhammad, meaning to say he was not that announced saviour.

and how did Mohammad save anyone? What did he save them from? Where did he claim to be a savior? What miracles did he perform?

I was reading a Muslim web site that say's Muhammad's miracle was he split the moon in half and re joined it again. A likely story.

Were it not for Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), nothing and no one would ever have been created.

Jesus told his disciples about Muhammad, because Moses had announced a saviour would come. So Jesus told them about Muhammad, meaning to say he was not that announced saviour.

and how did Mohammad save anyone? What did he save them from? Where did he claim to be a savior? What miracles did he perform?

I was reading a Muslim web site that say's Muhammad's miracle was he split the moon in half and re joined it again. A likely story.

he used a cheese cutter. I have one-----it is a bit like a
spatula-----but has a slit in the middle of the scoop part with a
sharpened edge----like a grater------I have never used it----
I think it would be good if one has a large piece of cheese at
a party-----with crackers.---------I will try it on the moon as
soon as we get a full moon. Yes---muhummad did cut the
moon in half with his magical cheese cutting scimitar----
the same one he used on necks-----the resulting cheese
slices were----therefore----not kosher

Here is a verse in which Muhammad tries to justify the fact that he cannot do miracles.

20.133 "And they say: if only he would bring us a miracle from his Lord!
Has there not come unto them the proof of what is in the former Scriptures".

There are also many verses where people ask Muhammad to bring his angel to give them proof, but he finds excuses every time

Here is a verse in which Muhammad tries to justify the fact that he cannot do miracles.

20.133 "And they say: if only he would bring us a miracle from his Lord!
Has there not come unto them the proof of what is in the former Scriptures".

There are also many verses where people ask Muhammad to bring his angel to give them proof, but he finds excuses every time

its an ongoing thing------as idiotic is the Koran----islamo Nazi propaganda is even more idiotic. I was introduced to it ---
when young------having had no "religious" training at all----
--regarding religion my mind was like a blank page of
no bias at all. ----but I did have LOTS OF GENERAL
KNOWLEGE--being an avid reader -----unrelated book
on lap even during school "lessons" I love literature--of the old variety-------the plays of Sophocles----Eurpides----
thus SUSPENDING DISBELIEF is no problem for me.
In order to swallow islamo Nazi stuff you need to be high on LSD

Muhammad said:

and

Irosie91,

Don't forget soothsayer.

Muhammad said:

and

Irosie91,

Don't forget soothsayer.

the oracle at Delphi is my all time fave. I do not understand
the "revealing" of a book to a person who cannot write----
it is like asking a person who is deaf and blind to "take dicatation"

The purpose of revealing a Book to Simone who cannot right is to demonstrate that God can use the weak and foolish of the world to accomplish His purposes. Our weakness and folly can show forth the power of God to the salvation of many.

and to fulfill the promises made in Isaiah 29

The purpose of revealing a Book to Simone who cannot right is to demonstrate that God can use the weak and foolish of the world to accomplish His purposes. Our weakness and folly can show forth the power of God to the salvation of many.

and to fulfill the promises made in Isaiah 29

Religions love to have illiterate founders; it connects them both to the masses of people who are by and large un- or undereducated, and it makes the religion seem "greater", that here a simple person has some connection to a supreme being. But as history (recent and otherwise) has shown us, these "messiahs" and "prophets" are likely not illiterate at all.
One cannot lull populations into complacent superstition without being pretty clever.

The man who invented Islam was “illiterate”. Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, was also "illiterate". Jesus was an uneducated peasant. Abraham was a sheep tender, and so on.

Muhammad said:

and

Irosie91,

no he was not. Joseph Smith was a liar and con artist, period.

In Islam, a prophet is someone who came down on earth in the Name of God, and who is part of God's Inner Court. There are 124 000 of them, peace on them. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is the first of them, Adam is the first of them to come on earth, and Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is the last of them to come on earth. He is the Seal of the prophets. He is the best of them all, the Imam (leader, guide) of the prophets and the king of the prophets, peace be upon him and his family.

Muhammad is brighter than the moon, and more generous than the clouds pouring rain and the waters of the seas.

You know the oceans and the clouds are low. They lowered themselves before the generosity of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) mentioned in earlier scriptures

Not only Muhammad, but the Companions of Muhammad are also mentioned. For instance, Umar, the 2nd successor of Muhammad, the 3rd king of the Muslims is described in the Torah as an iron chief. An iron chief means a very powerful prince (the original Torah, of course).

Not only Muhammad, but the Companions of Muhammad are also mentioned. For instance, Umar, the 2nd successor of Muhammad, the 3rd king of the Muslims is described in the Torah as an iron chief. An iron chief means a very powerful prince (the original Torah, of course).

Um, sorry. That's ridiculous. There is no mention of muhammd, no mention of Islam and no mention of moslems in the OT.

It's been explained to you both tediously and repeatedly that the invention of Islam by Muhammud took place long after judaism.

Really, dude. Repeating such falsehoods when you have been corrected on repeated occasions is dishonest and deceitful.

Please give references to the verses of the Torah that you are talking about. Otherwise there can be no debate.

Forum List

Back