Muhammad, the greatest man (peace be upon him and his family)

It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets.

"Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people"

This shows that there is a wisdom behind why a prophet came before another, behind why a prophet was sent here and not there, or there and not here.

"Now hath come unto you an Messenger from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. But if they turn away, Say: "(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" "

These verses clearly indicate the superiority of Muhammad over all prophets.

In addition, there's not just the Qur'an in Islam. There are the sayings of Muhammad (Hadiths). Muhammad said:

"Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."

Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) was the closest Companion of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). So if Abu Bakr is the greatest after the prophets, then among the prophets Muhammad is the greatest.

Muhammad said:

"I am the master of the sons of Adam, and I say this without pride."

and

"I was a prophet when Adam was between water and clay."

So Muhammad clearly talked of his superiority over other prophets.

Moreover, there are not just the Qur'an and the Hadiths. there are the saints of Islam, 124 000 saints of Islam after Muhammad and his Companions until today in 2014. It is forbidden to Muslims to read the Qur'an and the Hadiths and understand them as they are read. They must go to the saints of Islam. They have the authority to explain the meanings of the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and to explain the worship. The saints of Islam taught about the ultimate superiority of Muhammad over all 124 000 prophets (peace be upon him and his family).

Finally, there is the Traditional Islamic Knowledge. We know from it the absolute superiority of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

Irosie91,

The Qur'an existed from before eternity, and was revealed to Muhammad step by step during his lifetime, peace be upon him and his family.

It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets.

"Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people"

This shows that there is a wisdom behind why a prophet came before another, behind why a prophet was sent here and not there, or there and not here.

"Now hath come unto you an Messenger from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. But if they turn away, Say: "(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" "

In addition, there's not just the Qur'an in Islam. There are the sayings of Muhammad (Hadiths). Muhammad said:

"Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."

Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) was the closest Companion of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). So if Abu Bakr is the greatest after the prophets, then among the prophets Muhammad is the greatest.

Muhammad said:

and

Moreover, there are not just the Qur'an and the Hadiths. there are the saints of Islam, 124 000 saints of Islam after Muhammad and his Companions until today in 2014. It is forbidden to Muslims to read the Qur'an and the Hadiths and understand them as they are read. They must go to the saints of Islam. They have the authority to explain the meanings of the Qur'an and the Hadiths, and to explain the worship. The saints of Islam taught about the ultimate superiority of Muhammad over all 124 000 prophets (peace be upon him and his family).

Finally, there is the Traditional Islamic Knowledge. We know from it the absolute superiority of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family.

Irosie91,

The Qur'an existed from before eternity, and was revealed to Muhammad step by step during his lifetime, peace be upon him and his family.

bullshit Arabic has an alphabet only for about 1600 years------in what language was that "Koran" written?

It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets. These are the relevant verses from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir translation):

[3.144] And Muhammad is no more than an apostle; the apostles have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels!s, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

[2.136] Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[3.84] Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and what was given to Musa and Isa and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[4.163] Surely We have revealed to you as We revealed to Nuh, and the prophets after him, and We revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and Isa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroun and Sulaiman and We gave to Dawood.

[33.40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

Note: For those who are not familiar with the Qur'an:

Ayub is Job

Dawood is David

Haroun is Aaron

Ibrahim is Abraham

Isa is Jesus

Ishaq is Issac

Ismail is Ishmael

Musa is Moses

Nuh is Noah

Sulaiman is Solomon

Yaqoub is Jacob

Yunas is Jonah

I am not a Muslim but I study the Qur'an because there are a billion Muslims in the world and I want to know what they they believe.

I am not a muslim but I came into contact with lots of muslims----mostly medical school graduates from Pakistan and India ----more than 45 years ago and since. Since----
I have come into contact with lots of muslims who are educated----more or less since I live in an area with lots of
immigrant muslims and they have also been my clients over
the years-----I read the Koran (picthall) for the first time
about 45 years ago-------when just knowing that
"muslim" is not "hindu" was exceptional in the place I lived.

Since you are a "professor"----by now you know that the Koran was not written by muhummad---it was written
about 100 years after he died. Having read the Koran
with absolutely no preconceived notions----I did not imagine
that I "KNEW" islam----any more than reading the Ramayana convinced me that I "KNEW" Hinduism. I learned all about islam from muslims. I learned what they
"believe" from them. I learned what an Islamic society is like from muslims -----and from non muslims born in muslim
societies. I learned what is taught in mosques in the USA---
by BEING there long before 9-11-01. That you attempt to
analyze that which "muhummad believed"----based on
reading a translation of the Koran-----is a remarkable
OVER-REACH. What you can learn today is that which
muslims believe about muhummad. Please feel free to ask
questions

You didn't have to put the word “professor” in quotation marks thus insinuating I was not deserving of the title. I am indeed qualified to use the title of professor. I also put the letters MBA, JDS, after my name . I am astonished that you would think that my understanding of Muslim belief is based entirely upon my reading of the Qur'an. The reason I quoted the Qur'an is based upon my knowledge that ALL Muslims believe in the Qur'an, although there is some disagreement among Muslims about the Hadiths and other writings. Are you saying that Muslims don't believe in the Holy Qur'an?

I am fully aware that Muhammad didn't personally write the Qur’an; however everything I have read convinces me that ALL Muslims believe that the Qur’an contains the actual words spoken by the Prophet. If I am wrong, please tell me who YOU believe the words in the Qur'an are attributed to.

I quoted directly from the Qur’an as my authority. Do you find fault with what the Qur'an says??

Once again, the Holy Qur'an says that ALL prophets are equal. Do you disagree? Is the Qur'an wrong?

It is my understanding that Muhammad never considered himself to be greater than any other prophet. The only distinction is that Muhammad is the last of the prophets. These are the relevant verses from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir translation):

[3.144] And Muhammad is no more than an apostle; the apostles have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels!s, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

[2.136] Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[3.84] Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and what was given to Musa and Isa and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[4.163] Surely We have revealed to you as We revealed to Nuh, and the prophets after him, and We revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and Isa and Ayub and Yunus and Haroun and Sulaiman and We gave to Dawood.

[33.40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

Note: For those who are not familiar with the Qur'an:

Ayub is Job

Dawood is David

Haroun is Aaron

Ibrahim is Abraham

Isa is Jesus

Ishaq is Issac

Ismail is Ishmael

Musa is Moses

Nuh is Noah

Sulaiman is Solomon

Yaqoub is Jacob

Yunas is Jonah

I am not a Muslim but I study the Qur'an because there are a billion Muslims in the world and I want to know what they they believe.

I am not a muslim but I came into contact with lots of muslims----mostly medical school graduates from Pakistan and India ----more than 45 years ago and since. Since----
I have come into contact with lots of muslims who are educated----more or less since I live in an area with lots of
immigrant muslims and they have also been my clients over
the years-----I read the Koran (picthall) for the first time
about 45 years ago-------when just knowing that
"muslim" is not "hindu" was exceptional in the place I lived.

Since you are a "professor"----by now you know that the Koran was not written by muhummad---it was written
about 100 years after he died. Having read the Koran
with absolutely no preconceived notions----I did not imagine
that I "KNEW" islam----any more than reading the Ramayana convinced me that I "KNEW" Hinduism. I learned all about islam from muslims. I learned what they
"believe" from them. I learned what an Islamic society is like from muslims -----and from non muslims born in muslim
societies. I learned what is taught in mosques in the USA---
by BEING there long before 9-11-01. That you attempt to
analyze that which "muhummad believed"----based on
reading a translation of the Koran-----is a remarkable
OVER-REACH. What you can learn today is that which
muslims believe about muhummad. Please feel free to ask
questions

You didn't have to put the word “professor” in quotation marks thus insinuating I was not deserving of the title. I am indeed qualified to use the title of professor. I also put the letters MBA, JDS, after my name . I am astonished that you would think that my understanding of Muslim belief is based entirely upon my reading of the Qur'an. The reason I quoted the Qur'an is based upon my knowledge that ALL Muslims believe in the Qur'an, although there is some disagreement among Muslims about the Hadiths and other writings. Are you saying that Muslims don't believe in the Holy Qur'an?

I am fully aware that Muhammad didn't personally write the Qur’an; however everything I have read convinces me that ALL Muslims believe that the Qur’an contains the actual words spoken by the Prophet. If I am wrong, please tell me who YOU believe the words in the Qur'an are attributed to.

I quoted directly from the Qur’an as my authority. Do you find fault with what the Qur'an says??

Once again, the Holy Qur'an says that ALL prophets are equal. Do you disagree? Is the Qur'an wrong?

thank you------I can fully legally be called Doctor---too----but I leave it out of my posts ------I do not wish to USE the fact to
attempt to credential my opinions. Yes muslims do believe
that the words attributed to Muhummad in the Koran are his and ----JIBRIL's I am not convinced. --------just IMHO.
Of course not all "prophets" are equal------some are this and some are that. You did not define "prophet"-----keep in mind---the word NABI is translated to "PROPHET"----It is more accurate to use the word "NABI" than to say "prophet" It is not clear to me that Christians take BALAAM as a "Prophet"-----I am not even sure that muslims do. Now that we have made clear a few issues----go right ahead and express your "opinions" BTW you did not define the word "professor" Some people believe it implies that you have a Ph-d degree-------in my college we called teaching associates "PROFESSOR"------some people call
all teachers "PROFESSOR"

you may have noticed that some people on this board credit "PROPHETS" as people who predict the future-----
like the ORACLE OF DELPHI

Dear Professor, Muslims think the Quran is the words of Allah.

yes they do-----and that it existed prior to the creation of the planet. It's a mystical idea that comes out of Judaism---in a
kind of mystical way

Muslim75, I do not remember reading that statement in the Quran, It would be helpful if you gave reference numbers to your quotes. Maybe it is from a hadith, but not all hadiths are considered authentic.

Muslim75, I do not remember reading that statement in the Quran, It would be helpful if you gave reference numbers to your quotes. Maybe it is from a hadith, but not all hadiths are considered authentic.

the people who wrote the Koran were in touch with jewish mysticism-----and they played with those concepts -----be not
deceived overmuch------I believe that jews got a lot of that
mystical stuff from Zoroastrians-----and arabs got it from hindus as well as jews

Once again, the Holy Qur'an says that ALL prophets are equal.

That's completetely false and absolutely illogic. See my post above.

and arabs got it from hindus as well as jews

What you call mysticism is not that in Islam. Also, no Islamic science originates from other religions.

Dajjal,

The false Hadiths are known to all.

Last edited:

Muhammad said:

and

Irosie91,

Neither the Koran nor islamist ideology existed from before eternity.

Islamism was the invention of Muhammud (swish).

There is no historical or archeological record of Islam existing before its invention by Muhammud (swish).

Here’s the question you need to consider: How is it that a multitude of religions that existed prior to islam (some of which have come and gone), with not a single one of those religions’ written or oral scriptures, their adherents or the “prophets” of those religions ever making a single recorded reference to “islam”?

Last edited:

What you call mysticism is not that in Islam. Also, no Islamic science originates from other religions.

Dajjal,

Muzzie----your response to me is utterly idiotic-----for the record----there is NO "ISLAMIC SCIENCE" ------nothing at
all. It is actually funny that muslims claim there is. I read the Koran many decades ago------the version by PICKTHALL---which ---if I remember correctly was fairly new
at that time. The most fascinating part of the book was the
"forward"----the introduction written by the translator Pickthall-------he credited muhummad with all kinds of
INNOVATIONS for mankind.-------Way back then I was a kind
of "well read" kid------I had read all kinds of classic literature and knew lots of-----"the way things were" in the ancient world. Picthall credited muhummad with concepts and knowledge that is THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD------Based on that Forward----I estimated that muhummad MUST have been born at least 5000 years ago--------no computers back then-----I checked the encyclopedia Britannica---and was amazed that the man who "invented" the concept of freeing slaves and charity------had been born only some 1400 years ago. ----there is no "muslim science" Way back then I read a book written approximately 1000 years ago by the person
MAIMONIDES He was the personal physician to Sala'adin. His comment on
the medical sciences of his day------was----"today's medical
science is very primitive"<<<< gee that guy was smart.
Remember Maimonides? muslims claim he converted to islam<<<<<another lie

Dajjal,

Muzzie----your response to me is utterly idiotic-----for the record----there is NO "ISLAMIC SCIENCE" ------nothing at
all. It is actually funny that muslims claim there is. I read the Koran many decades ago------the version by PICKTHALL---which ---if I remember correctly was fairly new
"forward"----the introduction written by the translator Pickthall-------he credited muhummad with all kinds of
of "well read" kid------I had read all kinds of classic literature and knew lots of-----"the way things were" in the ancient world. Picthall credited muhummad with concepts and knowledge that is THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD------Based on that Forward----I estimated that muhummad MUST have been born at least 5000 years ago--------no computers back then-----I checked the encyclopedia Britannica---and was amazed that the man who "invented" the concept of freeing slaves and charity------had been born only some 1400 years ago. ----there is no "muslim science" Way back then I read a book written approximately 1000 years ago by the person
Many may know this but Islamo-science is a unique field of study. The Islamo-Institute of Advanced Studies in Pakistan, for example, is world famous (or maybe infamous), for churning out the most brain dead pieces of islamo-robots on the planet.

Dajjal,

Many may know this but Islamo-science is a unique field of study. The Islamo-Institute of Advanced Studies in Pakistan, for example, is world famous (or maybe infamous), for churning out the most brain dead pieces of islamo-robots on the planet.

LOL----I learned all about "ISLAMIC SCIENCE"-----to start---from Pakistani muslims (and some indian muslims) -----
they were all physicians and surgeons so they "SHOULD KNOW" ---------the stuff they managed to swallow-----amazed me even back then--------not just "Islamic science" but other
"facts" that "everyone" knows. I mentioned
Maimonides-----it was from a Pakistani surgeon that I learned
that Rambam had converted to islam. Coincidentally----
it was only a year earlier that I read the---fairly newly translated "GUIDE TO THE PERPLEXED". -------

to cut to the chase>>> "there was a famous doctor in
muslim spain-----who was born a jew----but then he
converted to islam and learned "Islamic medicine" ----
and became a great doctor------his name was
MAIMONIDES".. quoth the young Pakistani surgeon
proudly. I argued------but the all knowing young
surgeon would not be swayed. ----his "proof"-----
Maimonides wrote his stuff in Arabic (well---actually
he did write in Hebraized Arabic-------the stuff that jews
living in Arabic speaking lands use-------a mixture of
Arabic and Hebrew and written in Hebrew letters-----sorta
the "Yiddish" and "Ladino" of Arabia -----still no good--
the fact that he used "Arabic" was the "proof" that he
was a muslim ) ------I have never encountered a muslim
who knows that language. There are still people around
who know that Hebraized Arabic---stuff. not me. ---not
even hubby. -----but some people who go to the synagogue
he attends know it well.

Here is a hint of the absolute eminence of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) the Arab Prophet, whom God honored with an Arabic Qur'an.

In the right hand of each human being is written the number 18 in Arabic. In the left hand is written the number 81. 18+81=99. 99 points to the 99 names of Allah (God) as we know them in Islam. 18 is the numerical value of the name the Living. 81 is the numerical value of the word "Uffin" which you say in Arabic when you want to disrespect someone.

How to read:
read from left to right.
1 in Arabic is a stick.
8 is an upside down V.

I'm scratching my head to figure out what exactly this proves about anything

Here’s the question you need to consider: How is it that a multitude of religions that existed prior to islam (some of which have come and gone), with not a single one of those religions’ written or oral scriptures, their adherents or the “prophets” of those religions ever making a single recorded reference to “islam”?

Prophets talked to their people about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), and prophets and righteous ones knew Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

At one point of time, the Jews almost succeeded in eradicating Christianity from earth. There was however one Christian faction which clung to the name Muhammad (Ahmad) that Jesus taught them about. This is how Christianity survived.

there is NO "ISLAMIC SCIENCE" ------nothing at
all.

The simple fact that I gave you the example of the name the Living (Al Hayy), telling you its numerical value was 18 should be a hint to you that there are complex Islamic sciences. Islamic sciences exist, and they are oceans of knowledge.

Prophets talked to their people about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), and prophets and righteous ones knew Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

(rosie>>) WTF are you writing about Muzzie 75.
want to name those "prophets" and cite
their comments?

At one point of time, the Jews almost succeeded in eradicating Christianity from earth. There was however one Christian faction which clung to the name Muhammad (Ahmad) that Jesus taught them about. This is how Christianity survived.

Oh goody----nonsense of which I am not entirely
familiar (but not surprised) When and where did
this attempted eradication of Christianity take place---
and how is AHMAD spelled in greek?

there is NO "ISLAMIC SCIENCE" ------nothing at
all.

The simple fact that I gave you the example of the name the Living (Al Hayy), telling you its numerical value was 18 should be a hint to you that there are complex Islamic sciences. Islamic sciences exist, and they are oceans of knowledge.

the word HAI has a numerical value of 18---
based on the ancient manner of numbers in
HEBREW-----long before Arabic had an alphabet.
Why would anybody be stupid enough to refer to
that fact as "science"????-------some really idiotic
muzzies try to emulate Hebrew GEMATRIA-----it
is very amusing. For those who do not know---
Jews have a numbering system something like the
Roman thing----based on letters It is still used
for some literary purposes. I find it very confusing.
Because the numbering system is based on letters----
words have a numerical values------the numerical value
for HAI (life) is 18 I am jealous of little kids who
have no problem with the weird system----those of
hubby's community of origin. Gematria is fun----
but not really a science. However--a very interesting
Factoid-----Sir Isaac Newton--(that guy who made us all
nutty with his CALCULUS) did believe that the gematria
is an important CODE for secrets of the universe
(even geniuses are entitled to a delusion-----my
apologies to all the Talmudic gematria enthusiasts out
there)

Were it not for Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), nothing and no one would ever have been created.

Jesus told his disciples about Muhammad, because Moses had announced a saviour would come. So Jesus told them about Muhammad, meaning to say he was not that announced saviour.

and how did Mohammad save anyone? What did he save them from? Where did he claim to be a savior? What miracles did he perform?

The Christian, The Muslim, and the Atheist

By Ashtara

So a Christian walks into a bar
Sits down and starts chillin
A Muslim walks into the same bar
And an atheist walks into the same bar

Next thing ya know
They all start hatin' on each other
Arguing about religion
And how right they all think they are
They become enraged
Full of anger
Full of hate
And they are all about to murder each other

But then the Christian gets possesed by a Demon!

And the Muslim gets possesed by a Djinn!

And the Athiest gets possessed by an intradimensional extraterrestrial biomechanical entity from another Universe!

And the three of them get along and enjoy each other's company in Peace.

An exciting night goes by, and after celebrating their shared perspective about the beauty of the Multiverse and then proposing a toast to a being whom they all acknowledge as the highest, greatest God, they say their goodbyes and expel themselves from the bodies of the Christian, the Muslim, and the Atheist, who have no memory of what just happened.

After waking up on the ground outside the bar, the Christian, the Muslim, and the Atheist start hating on each other again, and they all end up killing each other in a terribly gruesome fight.

Their bodies created one big ass pool of blood.

The End

Were it not for Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), nothing and no one would ever have been created.

Jesus told his disciples about Muhammad, because Moses had announced a saviour would come. So Jesus told them about Muhammad, meaning to say he was not that announced saviour.

and how did Mohammad save anyone? What did he save them from? Where did he claim to be a savior? What miracles did he perform?

read the Koran-----muhummad was a miracle maker------
he was even more "able" than any other man on earth-----
(well-----maybe it is commentary----I am not sure-----I refer to anything I read in book labeled Koran as "KORAN"-----the ali Yusuf version has extensive commentary and then there is the Koran vs Hadith rift) He was able with all of his wives, captives and sundry "ladies" every nite----I read it in the book. He SAVED the arabs from the jews of Yathrib-----
and even made the place YUDEN-FREI forever and
had his own carcass planted there and renamed the place
MEDINA

Forum List

Back