Musical Instruments photographed from the inside

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Musical Instruments Photographed From Inside | Bored Panda

A very, very cool website, to say the least.

They say beauty comes from within, and music does so quite literally – most sounds of music are created inside the instruments. Maybe that is the reason why Mona Sibai and Björn Ewers came up with an idea to photograph musical instruments from inside to promote (the) Berlin Philharmonic orchestra.

Macro shots taken by Mierswa Kluska capture the interior of a violin, cello, flute and pipe organ as if they were spacious airy chambers, filled with sunlight breaking from little cracks on the walls. The captured images make you believe that you could actually walk inside them and experience the feeling of mightiness and mystery.

I added the word "the" to the above quote, there was a translation error on the website.

Here is one of the pics:

watermark.php

More pics at the site and I hope yet more are to come.

It should be noted that the Berlin Philharmoniker (the members of the orchestra) do all sorts of extra civics projects to help people in need. It's not just one of the very finest orchestras in the world, it is also one of the most civically engaged in the world.

They say beauty comes from within, and music does so quite literally – most sounds of music are created inside the instruments. Maybe that is the reason why Mona Sibai and Björn Ewers came up with an idea to photograph musical instruments from inside to promote (the) Berlin Philharmonic orchestra.

Macro shots taken by Mierswa Kluska capture the interior of a violin, cello, flute and pipe organ as if they were spacious airy chambers, filled with sunlight breaking from little cracks on the walls. The captured images make you believe that you could actually walk inside them and experience the feeling of mightiness and mystery.

I added the word "the" to the above quote, there was a translation error on the website.

Here is one of the pics:

watermark.php

It should be noted that the Berlin Philharmoniker (the members of the orchestra) do all sorts of extra civics projects to help people in need. It's not just one of the very finest orchestras in the world, it is also one of the most civically engaged in the world.
Wow! This is so nice. Looks like a chapel with the sun streaming in.

Here is one of the pics:

watermark.php

They're beautiful.

In another thread, I wrote that I had built a really bad guitar and a pretty good dulcimer. I've always liked the custom of gluing a piece of paper inside with the name of the maker and the date and of course, I did that with both the instruments I made.

Thanks for posting this.

Forum List

Back