Muslim Bakeries Refuse To Make Gay Wedding Cake...& No Rabid Protests From Liberals?

Its a cake people, there lots of bakeries. Find one that wants to make it, pay for it and eat it already.

It's just religion people. You want to have a religion that's unconstitutional, move to another country. lol

Religion is suppose to be Constitutionally protected moron.

It's protection is limited. Where's that Mormon practice of polygamy nowadays?

...and you 't find cake a strange dividing line?

Why is polygamy illegal, if the Mormons practice of polygamy was part of their religion?

Yes. I can't hit you with sticks and stones, but I can call you names...

Can you threaten me with burning crosses on my lawn, graffitti on my house, and death threats?

What about if you go to Starbucks in Florida and we scream at you, does that work?

Can you threaten me with burning crosses on my lawn, graffitti on my house, and death threats?
What about if you go to Starbucks in Florida and we scream at you, does that work?

You can scream at me all you want, in what ever state you want, as long as the owner doesn't mind you disturbing the peace. You can yell at me on the sidewalk, you can yell at me in the street. What you can't make me do is bake a cake if it is against my religion.
One has to wonder...if your religion makes you pick and choose whom you can bake cakes for....why the heck are you in the cake baking business?

Its a cake people, there lots of bakeries. Find one that wants to make it, pay for it and eat it already.

It's just religion people. You want to have a religion that's unconstitutional, move to another country. lol
You just one the "Oxymoron of the Month" award for you entry "unconstitutional religion."

Congratulations, dumbass!

Is Sharia Law constitutional? That Islamic is law. Islam is a religion.

Let's hear it, smartass. Let's hear your argument for the constitutional protection of Sharia Law.

If the government enacts an unjust law there are at least three options....file a law suit to have that law reviewed for Constitutionality....that has been done with PA laws...the Supreme Court has declared them Constitutional....work on the state level to get such laws repealed....or go the federal route and get an Amendment passed and ratified stating that businesses everywhere have the right to refuse service for any reason including discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
If the government enacts an unjust law there are at least three options....file a law suit to have that law reviewed for Constitutionality....that has been done with PA laws...the Supreme Court has declared them Constitutional....work on the state level to get such laws repealed....or go the federal route and get an Amendment passed and ratified stating that businesses everywhere have the right to refuse service for any reason including discrimination based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Which has no bearing on whether the law is unjust or not.
It is as to whether the law remains a law.
Which has no bearing on whether the law is just or not.
Do you consider a law unjust if it protects a Christer employee from an employer that harasses them over their religion?
If you provide more detail about the law you're talking about, I can give you an answer.
It's a simple question...a hypothetical question...would you consider a law unjust if it protects a Christer employee from an employer that harasses them over their religion? Yes or no.

One has to wonder...if your religion makes you pick and choose whom you can bake cakes for....why the heck are you in the cake baking business?

To support the union of man and wife, which up to recently was the law.

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

Will you say that to a Muslim?

What if I told you that it isn't freedom of speech for either I, to force my religious values on someone else, or for a homosexual to force their way of life on my religious values? Something has to give here, right?

I do not believe the right to assembly includes leading lynch mob.

So, to that measure, does that include groups like Black Lives Matter?

Do you think they should be unlimited?

Let me put it this way. I don't want them as limited as you do.

Why is polygamy illegal, if the Mormons practice of polygamy was part of their religion?

Off hand? I'd say that Utah doesn't have enough morons like you living there?

You claim Christianity dictates that marriage be a certain way, and you claim it's constitutionally protected.

Why couldn't the Mormons claim that marriage was a certain way, and be constitutionally protected?

For that matter, Islam allows a man 4 wives, if he can support them. Isn't that protected by the 1st Amendment?

We had a case several years ago here in Fallbrook where a couple set up a TeePee in their back yard and had drum circles going at all hours of the night. The neighbors complained and the city told them to stop after 10 due to noise ordinances. The couple claimed religious freedom to do drum circles...Guess what...they lost...even tho they claimed that the city ordinance went against their religion.

Off hand? I'd say that Utah doesn't have enough morons like you living there?

You claim Christianity dictates that marriage be a certain way, and you claim it's constitutionally protected.

Why couldn't the Mormons claim that marriage was a certain way, and be constitutionally protected?

For that matter, Islam allows a man 4 wives, if he can support them. Isn't that protected by the 1st Amendment?
And why don't all Christers feel the same way as this couple? Where is the Christer Canon Law on this?

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

Will you say that to a Muslim?

What if I told you that it isn't freedom of speech for either I, to force my religious values on someone else, or for a homosexual to force their way of life on my religious values? Something has to give here, right?

I do not believe the right to assembly includes leading lynch mob.

So, to that measure, does that include groups like Black Lives Matter?

Do you think they should be unlimited?

Let me put it this way. I don't want them as limited as you do.

Give in to the Islamic religions sanctioning of polygamy.

Our first caterer was gay and said he was booked that weekend. Should I have sued?
Was the reason he gave you because of race, religion, age, sexual orientation and/or whatever is covered by PA laws in your state?

No. Like having force being initiated against you for not engaging in trade with another person.
What force?

You mean you believe force wasn't used against the bakers who didn't want to bake a cake for the queers?

Why are they exempt from the law when the rest of us have to follow it?

Get off your lazy leftist ass if someone doesn't want to do business with you and go to their competitor across the street.

Note why I keep calling you "authoritarian"
Why would a black person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a christer have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a handicapped person have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?
Why would a foreign national have to "get off their lazy ass" and go across the street?

Because the business on the same side of the street doesn't want to serve them. Pretty simple, really.

I do not believe the right of free speech means you can slander, libel or create public panic.

I agree with slander and libel, to a point. A lot of posters, including myself, have said all sorts of slanderous and libelous things about one another. But it never leaves the confines of this discussion board. Should we have the government regulate slander and libel on a forum?

No, it would be very difficult to prove.

And slander and libel actually have a very high bar of proof to meet. That's why it's not actually brought to court as often as one would think.

Creating a public panic however is a different animal. I see the media doing it all the time. Blowing seemingly innocuous events out of proportion to the point where it causes mass hysteria. The Media has a great way of hyping things. For example, white man shoots black man in self defense. Media simply says white man shoots black man. Alter the wording just slightly and you alter the perception of the event. Hence Black Lives Matter and et cetera. Riots, cop killings, and racial tension.

Should we regulate freedom of the press, so as to avoid creating a public panic?

You can only go so far before it actually does infringe on free speech.

Agree.

But like with any laws that effect fundamental rights, there is usually a high burden of proof. Creating a public panic would have to include intent - not just hyuping the news. Even the media is held to a certain journalistic standard (traditional media that is) - if they outright lie, they can face libel and slander suits.

I support a high burden of proof for these types of laws.

It's unreasonable to expect a baker to commit sacrilege.

Not according to the laws in some states.
Unconstitutional laws constitute lawlessness. Now you're just chasing your tail, peon.
This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

State public accommodations laws are in fact Constitutional:

‘As we have pointed out, 32 States now have [public accommodations laws] and no case has been cited to us where the attack on a state statute has been successful, either in federal or state courts. Indeed, in some cases, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clause objections have been specifically discarded in this Court. Bob-Lo Excursion Co. v. Michigan, 333 U.S. 28, 34 n. 12 (1948). As a result, the constitutionality of such state statutes stands unquestioned. "The authority of the Federal Government over interstate commerce does not differ," it was held in United States v. Rock Royal Co-op., Inc., 307 U.S. 533 (1939), "in extent or character from that retained by the states over intrastate commerce." At 569-570. See also Bowles v. Willingham, 321 U.S. 503 (1944).'

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

And again, as you have demonstrated in post after post exhibiting your bigotry and hate toward gay Americans, such laws are very much necessary and proper.

What does going to the baker down the street have to do with interstate commerce?

It has to do with equal protection under the law. States can't have discriminatory laws that violate the Constitution.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.

Just physical harm?

Yes. I can't hit you with sticks and stones, but I can call you names...

You have this thing about Starbucks.....and Florida....and screaming.

Odd.

You post constantly on a political message board and you don't know anything about what's going on in politics. I'd say "odd" but it's not, you're just stupid and uninformed
I don't live in Florida and I rarely go to Starbucks and I don't scream. So...tell me why there is a requirement for me to know what you are talking about?

Not according to the laws in some states.
Unconstitutional laws constitute lawlessness. Now you're just chasing your tail, peon.
This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

State public accommodations laws are in fact Constitutional:

‘As we have pointed out, 32 States now have [public accommodations laws] and no case has been cited to us where the attack on a state statute has been successful, either in federal or state courts. Indeed, in some cases, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clause objections have been specifically discarded in this Court. Bob-Lo Excursion Co. v. Michigan, 333 U.S. 28, 34 n. 12 (1948). As a result, the constitutionality of such state statutes stands unquestioned. "The authority of the Federal Government over interstate commerce does not differ," it was held in United States v. Rock Royal Co-op., Inc., 307 U.S. 533 (1939), "in extent or character from that retained by the states over intrastate commerce." At 569-570. See also Bowles v. Willingham, 321 U.S. 503 (1944).'

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

And again, as you have demonstrated in post after post exhibiting your bigotry and hate toward gay Americans, such laws are very much necessary and proper.

What does going to the baker down the street have to do with interstate commerce?

It has to do with equal protection under the law. States can't have discriminatory laws that violate the Constitution.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.
So...your version of the Constitution doesn't have the 14th Amendment?

Forum List

Back