Muslims give more money to charity than people of other religions

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Interesting ....Muslims, followed by Jews give the most to Charity. Athiests, the least.

Muslims give more to charity than others, UK poll says
LONDON -- Muslims give more money to charity than people of other religions, according to a new British poll.

More than three in 10 Muslims, Catholics and Jews donated money during 2012, ICM Research found.

Followers of Islam gave an average of $567 compared to Jewish givers who donated around $412, according to the survey of just over 4,000 people in the U.K.

Christians gave considerably less. Protestants donated an average of $308, while Roman Catholics gave around $272, the poll found. Atheists averaged just $177...

And what percentage of people in England are now Muslim? I think it is an unfair poll because there are more Muslims yet Muslims don't have to give 10%.

I think if you asked what percentage of the feeding programs around the world are Muslim and then you would get a different answer.

And what percentage of people in England are now Muslim? I think it is an unfair poll because there are more Muslims yet Muslims don't have to give 10%.

I think if you asked what percentage of the feeding programs around the world are Muslim and then you would get a different answer.

It's not a competition man. If anyone gives to charity good for them. Whether they're muslim or not.

How is this calculated? whenever I give money nobody asks me my faith.

People or companies invite themselves to help and get involved in church growth so they start doing surveys, numbering the people, etc. They start doing ministry using worldly methods without considering whether God wants to do things their way or what not.

Interesting ....Muslims, followed by Jews give the most to Charity. Athiests, the least.

Muslims give more to charity than others, UK poll says
LONDON -- Muslims give more money to charity than people of other religions, according to a new British poll.

More than three in 10 Muslims, Catholics and Jews donated money during 2012, ICM Research found.

Followers of Islam gave an average of $567 compared to Jewish givers who donated around $412, according to the survey of just over 4,000 people in the U.K.

Christians gave considerably less. Protestants donated an average of $308, while Roman Catholics gave around $272, the poll found. Atheists averaged just $177...

It is always good to commend people for their generosity and I commend the Muslims for being so generous. Good for them! It is more blessed to give than to receive..

How is this calculated? whenever I give money nobody asks me my faith.

I don't know, but I found it interesting - polls often find that religious people give more. However - what the poll doesn't say is where they donate. For example - some churches tithe or the donations are made to the church. Also, it wouldn't take into account non-monetary donations such as work and labor -- volunteering to build houses for the poor for example.

I don't tend to place a lot of weight in it for accuracy per se - but I found it interesting because I haven't seen a poll breaking it down in terms of individual faiths/demonimations.

Charitable trusts that are actually financial institutions that launder money to vile Islamic governments don't count.

And nobody spreads more peace across the world than Christians via the church so let's put this little dog and pony show aside.

Forum List

Back