Mustang Sally

In the Army, 1970-71, I was a crew member on a Vulcan 20mm rotary cannon mounted on top of an APC that fired 3,000 high explosive rounds per minute on full auto. Every 10th round was an orange tracer, and the minimum burst setting you could fire was 100 rounds, which was achieved by just quickly touching the trigger. The cannon fired soo fast, that at night the tracer rounds looked like a solid orange laser beam. Vulcan's were used for both air defense and combat ground support. ... :cool:

Col. McSally, all 5'3" of her, flew A-10 Thunderbolts (Warthog) in Iraq and
Afghanistan...the finest close air-support aircraft ever built:

800px-McSally_A-10.jpg

She also challenged Rummy's edict that western women must wear islamic clothing in Saudi Arabia and won. And it's rumored that Jeff Flake tried to endorse her and she turned him down.
lol.gif

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
Martha McSally is an extraordinary woman. She was a very talented fighter jet pilot and is now a highly respected member of Congress. She is Strong on Crime, the Border and our under siege 2nd Amendment. Loves our Military and our Vets. Has my total and complete Endorsement!
4 hours ago ·
Twitter

Martha McSally will be our next GOP Senator from Arizona.....

6a00d8341bf80c53ef01bb09e7eb97970d-500wi

She will be the next Arizona senator? Wait just a damned minute, she looks to be about the height of John McCain.

Did McCain go Bruce Jenner on us?

There are two kinds of people in the zombie apocalypse Tom, those with an A-10 Warthog and those with tail rotors blasted off by an A-10 Warthog. :04:

True, but my Apache Longbow or Cobra can stay on target for 20 minutes and land on a tennis court.
IFcI9gT.png

There are two kinds of people in the zombie apocalypse Tom, those with an A-10 Warthog and those with tail rotors blasted off by an A-10 Warthog. :04:

True, but my Apache Longbow or Cobra can stay on target for 20 minutes and land on a tennis court.
IFcI9gT.png

I liked the Apache but my favorite close air support weapon could get down in the grass under the trees, stay on station for hours, carried a bomb load of 6000 lbs (more than a B-17 could carry). It was the father of the A-10.

A-1 Skyraider

th

I liked the Apache but my favorite close air support weapon could get down in the grass under the trees, stay on station for hours, carried a bomb load of 6000 lbs (more than a B-17 could carry). It was the father of the A-10.

A-1 Skyraider

th

And after a couple runs it still had enough ordnance to dig ya a swimming pool. Turbo-props ROCK!
lol.gif

Incidentally, McSally's win signals the end of Sheriff Joe's campaigns here in the Valley. Sorry to say if he'd won the GOP nomination, we'd have had a demRat Senator. Time for Joe to hang up his guns and get some rocking chair time....he served us well.

I have a Longbow main-rotor tip I got from a head-hunting outfit who did business with the Hughes plant in Mesa, Az. It's only about an inch of material but it's tits....Some kind of fiberglass resin cast around tiny steel rods that will absorb a hit without deforming the rotor. I wanted to visit the facility but it's off-limits. 50 years between the Cobra gunship and the Apache Longbow and amazing strides have been made....It's said the Longbow in theory, could take down a fast-mover if it saw it in time. I can still recall a Cobra lurking behind a Loach/Kiowa until the little bird drew fire and the big bird dropping down to suppress that fire....permanently.

When the zombie apocalypse begins the first thing I'm doing is laying claim to an A-10 Warthog :muahaha:

I just want the gun.

View attachment 213618

Man you could beat the zombie apocalypse with that gun. LOL

Get some, zombies.

Maybe I could set it up on an AMC Gremlin?

Bro throw a shoulder strap over it and carry it around like a man.

small people fit in fighter cockpits waaaaaaaaaaaay better than big people .. if shes smart enough to fly screamers, she should be smart enough to distance herself from the GOP.
I doubt you could drive a Volkswagen.

Maybe I could set it up on an AMC Gremlin?

A guy walks into an Auto Zone store and says: "I need a gas cap for my Gremlin".

Guy behind the counter says: "Sounds like a fair trade to me".

I voted for her yesterday, well I got around to dropping off my mail-in ballot. Her 53% in three-way race was pretty solid.

Haven't yet heard anybody blame Russia for those late opening polling places.

Col. McSally, all 5'3" of her, flew A-10 Thunderbolts (Warthog) in Iraq...the finest close air-support aircraft ever built:

800px-McSally_A-10.jpg

She also challenged Rummy's edict that western women must wear islamic clothing in Saudi Arabia and won. And it's rumored that Jeff Flake tried to endorse her and she turned him down.
lol.gif

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
Martha McSally is an extraordinary woman. She was a very talented fighter jet pilot and is now a highly respected member of Congress. She is Strong on Crime, the Border and our under siege 2nd Amendment. Loves our Military and our Vets. Has my total and complete Endorsement!
4 hours ago ·
Twitter

Good for her. A real hero.

The A-10 was the best friend boots on the ground ever had. I never could understand why they did away with the warthog.

It's still around and the AF is planning to support it for another 10 years.

Col. McSally, all 5'3" of her, flew A-10 Thunderbolts (Warthog) in Iraq...the finest close air-support aircraft ever built:

800px-McSally_A-10.jpg

lol.gif

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
4 hours ago ·
Twitter

Good for her. A real hero.

The A-10 was the best friend boots on the ground ever had. I never could understand why they did away with the warthog.

It's still around and the AF is planning to support it for another 10 years.

Glad to hear it. If it ain't broke, don't fix the fucker.

The Warthog is one awesome plane that they badly need.

small people fit in fighter cockpits waaaaaaaaaaaay better than big people .. if shes smart enough to fly screamers, she should be smart enough to distance herself from the GOP.
I doubt you could drive a Volkswagen.

When I went to Germany in '61, I bought a Beetle from a GI going back stateside. Stick shift and only ran on 3 cyclinders. Hell going uphill but fantastic going down.

When I went to Germany in '61, I bought a Beetle from a GI going back stateside. Stick shift and only ran on 3 cyclinders. Hell going uphill but fantastic going down.

I had a '62 Dub bug...same story... 3 cylinders and a prayer....named him Skeeter and put up with him for over a year.

Col. McSally, all 5'3" of her, flew A-10 Thunderbolts (Warthog) in Iraq and
Afghanistan...the finest close air-support aircraft ever built:

800px-McSally_A-10.jpg

lol.gif

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
4 hours ago ·
Twitter

Don't bet on that. As she has moved to the far right, Sinema has opened a 3-4 point lead. I would not let her move back to the center. She has voted for every part of Trump's unpopular agenda. The GOP could very well lose the Senate seat and her House seat.

Don't bet on that. As she has moved to the far right, Sinema has opened a 3-4 point lead. I would not let her move back to the center. She has voted for every part of Trump's unpopular agenda. The GOP could very well lose the Senate seat and her House seat.

Baloney....your commie polls are nothing more than damage-assessments of your Fake News tales....McSally in a LANDSLIDE.

Forum List

Back