My Dad Gave Me A Small Loan of A Million Dollars....It Has Not Been Easy

It illustrates Donald Trump's lack of good business sense when he could have taken that money invested it in the stock market and enjoyed a fortune many, many, times than would he ended up with by using his business acumen. Wharton didn't do him any good at all.

Not everyone does the same thing. I never played the stock market. I depended upon my own self and my own business - not someone else's business.

Donald Trump took the money and played his father's game, he could have done much, much, better playing the market. It goes to business sense.

Donald Trump is worth $9 billion. If he started with that $1 million and turned it into $9 billion, that's a 9000% return. I would say he played the game well.

Donald Trump is worth $4 billion he started with $1 million and then $199million on top of that.I'd say it would be hard not to do well with that kind of gift.
It's more than easy to fritter away a fortune. Just look at all the musicians, movie stars and athletes who passed away their fortunes.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Trump too! he declared bankruptcy four times.

Not everyone does the same thing. I never played the stock market. I depended upon my own self and my own business - not someone else's business.

Donald Trump took the money and played his father's game, he could have done much, much, better playing the market. It goes to business sense.

Donald Trump is worth $9 billion. If he started with that $1 million and turned it into $9 billion, that's a 9000% return. I would say he played the game well.

Donald Trump is worth $4 billion he started with $1 million and then $199million on top of that.I'd say it would be hard not to do well with that kind of gift.
It's more than easy to fritter away a fortune. Just look at all the musicians, movie stars and athletes who passed away their fortunes.

Seems he overcame it to be worth BILLIONS. Social welfare leeches have been handed money only to continue being leeches.

Damn! Why couldn't Trump get his money the old-fashioned way like from his daddy's bootlegging business a la president Kennedy, or marrying fabulously wealthy woman like presidential wannabe Kerry, or maybe chasing ambulances like the philandering Johnny Edwards?

Because being a slum lord is far more profitable.
Yeah, because we all know what a "slum" Trump tower is.

Trump's use of shoddy construction is well known.

The best thing about achieving business success is knowing it causes wealth envy for idiots like nuhy. And that's a fun thing.

You don't know anything about me. I on the other hand know you're an idiot.

Seems he overcame it to be worth BILLIONS. Social welfare leeches have been handed money only to continue being leeches.

Yeah, using the public's money to overcome your cash flow problem is exactly the same as being a social welfare leech..

You almost gotta laugh at lefties who make fun of a self made billionaire who made it the hard way but ignore the fact that the democrat presumptive candidate is wealthy simply because she covered up her husband's abuse of women all of her adult life in exchange for political power.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't shed a tear for those claiming not to have had it 'easy' despite being winners in the ovarian lottery. There is nothing wrong with coming from a wealthy family and gaining an inheritance but act don't like you really struggled.
Trump isn't whining that he was poor, you petulant dolt. He's pointing out that he built his fortune through his own efforts, and it was not an easy task.

Now go back to your sleazy dishonest spinning.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your fluff session. I should have knocked first. lol

It is unmistakable Trump had a leg up when came to building his fortune. Get over yourself.

You almost gotta laugh at lefties who make fun of a self made billionaire who made it the hard way but ignore the fact that the democrat presumptive candidate is wealthy simply because she covered up her husband's abuse of women all of her adult life in exchange for political power.

"Who made it the hard way" Hahahahahahaha

Damn! Why couldn't Trump get his money the old-fashioned way like from his daddy's bootlegging business a la president Kennedy, or marrying fabulously wealthy woman like presidential wannabe Kerry, or maybe chasing ambulances like the philandering Johnny Edwards?

LOL.

"I Used my $1MM to gets me blunts, bitches n 40's" -- Nuhuh

I guess I'm a one of those hated capitalists too then. I just turned my business over to my three children. I'm finishing up one last project and coming home for good next March. If one can't leave something for his children, what's the point of it all?

As far as the left is concerned, you're children are property of the state, as are you. As such they feel entitled to anything you earned. To the left, you leaving all you have to the state is right and proper, as they will divide it how they see fit to all of their children, through welfare, gifts to the well connected, or on general expenditures.

Too funny. To low info twits at least.

The jokes on you Frank
http://nypost.com/2000/03/19/shoddy-contractor-lands-bklyn-courthouse/
Trump site troubled before deadly fall - USATODAY.com
Toronto Condos | Toronto Development
Trump Tower (New York City) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, using the public's money to overcome your cash flow problem is exactly the same as being a social welfare leech..

Not if you provide something to the public they would otherwise not get. There's a difference in using something while producing a return and using something then producing nothing.

LOL.

Funny, Frank does the same with his $200 welfare check.

Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Read more: Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

I think his dad also left him over $100,000 when he died.

the Donald is clueless.

LOL.

LOL.

I wish the welfare leeches that have received $22 trillion over the past 50 years would have turned it into anything close to what Trump did percentage wise.

Wow, what a hard luck story. If Donald had only inherited $100 million I can't imagine the pain he would have to endure. This ranks right up there with Mitt Romney quotes about asking your parents for a loan to start a business. One thing's for sure....Donald didn't build that.

"As Donald Trump tells it, he has been told no his entire life. For example, he said Monday, his father gave him a "small loan of a million dollars" that he had to repay with interest at the start of his career.

“Oh many times. I’ve been told no by him. My whole life, really has been a no," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event in Atkinson, New Hampshire, on NBC's "Today."

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars," Trump remarked. "I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great."

Read more: Trump: My dad gave me a 'small loan' of a million dollars

I think his dad also left him over $100,000 when he died.

the Donald is clueless.

You think or you can prove?

I bet you also think that part of that should be taken and handed to someone other than who his dad wanted it to go to.

Shoot......................woulda been nice if my family had given me a million dollars when I graduated.

Instead, they told me my plate was going to be broke when I turned 18, meaning as soon as I was an adult, I had to fend for myself.

So, I joined the Navy and spent the next 20 years earning my pension so that I could retire.

Too bad Donald the Chump had it so hard, he should have joined the military like I did and become lower middle class.

but...but... the military school his dad sent him to was "like" the military .... just ask him.

LOL.

LOL.

I wish the welfare leeches that have received $22 trillion over the past 50 years would have turned it into anything close to what Trump did percentage wise.

you should probably give the money back then.

Forum List

Back