My EV Died In My Driveway

He only left it for a few hours

Just run down to the nearest gas station for a gallon of batteries.

700-02260106en_Masterfile.jpg

Makes no sense to add an additional point of failure with a lead acid battery.
Should rely only on the main lithium battery packs.
And forget all that remote and electronic nonsense.

Any of those places, I would just call AAA. Getting a car towed is getting a car towed, regardless of the fuel it uses.

Foolish because the body parts, suspension, motors, etc., likely were worth $10k or so.
He obviously could afford to make a point. He felt fkd due to the expense of repairing a fairly recent car. I can drop an engine in a 2002 Explorer for less than $2500 bucks. I can afford what I really want to afford, but I can't afford to get fkd on major investments to be on the cutting edge of technology. At this time, staying with old technology is safer. I do not see me buying an electric car.

Speaking as an electrician, neither I nor any of my colleagues are likely to be able to help.
Exactly. A normal vehicle can have an engine dropped in or a transmission dropped by old school, even shade tree mechanics. In a pinch my brother in law and I can do it. If I get hosed on a normal used car, I can deal with it if I have to and make it like new or enough to sell with minimal loss, my only qualification being JMOC back early when I was an Armor Officer. Expensive technology I can't deal with is a deal breaker for me and most people. Give me a V-6 or V-8 and a country boy can survive.

Speaking as an electrician, neither I nor any of my colleagues are likely to be able to help.
The left relies on the ignorance of their voters. Most of them are laymen without any background in whatever field is at issue, be it energy, HVAC, electrical technology, Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, or weapons experience.

Forum List

Back