My heroes. Bart Starr, Herb Adderly and now Mason Crosby

Dallas has won only three playoff games in 21 years now. I love it.
I did get tired of Texicans in the 1970's boasting...

DAL used to get "a lot of favorable calls" in the 70s' before TV replay. One time a ref got hit with Jim Beam bottle in the head in Minnesota? (bloddy head too).
When Drew Pearson "pushed off" TWO DB and took a long pass to winning TD. SOS.......the Defense afraid to touch him and he just plowed and held, tripped and pushed his way down right sidelines.

note: Fran is also still in top 10 all time yards? or close. And he had to run for his life every game. Before the more "polite rules" came into effect.

Makes me Angry to think of all the favorable Yankee, Laker, Duke, NC, UCLA crap that went on for so many years. Nowdays..........not so much but College basketball they still think they have to blow a foul against anybody that is not in a big conference.

Makes me Angry to think of all the favorable Yankee, Laker, Duke, NC, UCLA crap that went on for so many years. Nowdays..........not so much but College basketball they still think they have to blow a foul against anybody that is not in a big conference.

Ive been a UK fan for years. I hate UNC, puke, and ucla.

Fran Tarkenton was pretty good also..
LOL. Frantic fran was a strawman sent to put out a fire.
He was about the only good player Minnesota had....
Nah, the Vikes had lots of good players back then. Their main problem was that the defensive line was built for pass rush. They were light up front and teams with power running games pushed them around. Tarkenton was good enough to get them to the big game but always disappeared in the SB.

Geez, so many Cowboy haters among posters whose opinions I agree with and enjoy......it's just a friggin' game....."Bread and circuses". I have been a lifelong fan of the Cowboys because that was how me and my little brothers bonded with my dad. He worked his ass off to provide for us and it was Cowboys games that brought us together...win or lose and that was the one afternoon a week that we had with him. Great memories regardless of the outcome. The catch that Drew Pearson made was totally legit...he was facing the ball and positioning himself to catch it and he has as much right to the ball as the cornerback...there was no shove and it was no different than a basketball move where players position themselves to do a pick.. The ref that was hit with the whiskey bottle was hurled by a fan that was pissed at the outcome...totally classless move.

I salute the Packers and especially Aaron Rodgers ...they deserved to win that game and I was over the outcome five minutes after Crosby hit that field goal...it's just a game...a diversion and nothing more or less. I have things that are way more important to concern myself with (and so do you) than who wins a sporting event. It's all about priorities.and mine have little to nothing to do with sports. It's simply a way for me to decompress and connect after all the reading, research and writing I do to wake people up.

Fran Tarkenton was pretty good also..
LOL. Frantic fran was a strawman sent to put out a fire.
He was about the only good player Minnesota had....
Nah, the Vikes had lots of good players back then. Their main problem was that the defensive line was built for pass rush. They were light up front and teams with power running games pushed them around. Tarkenton was good enough to get them to the big game but always disappeared in the SB.

Yep, good running teams like the Dolphins, Steelers and Raiders with incredible lines simply pushed the defensive line around. The Vikings offensive line was light as well. They never had a good match-up in Super Bowls.

Geez, so many Cowboy haters among posters whose opinions I agree with and enjoy......it's just a friggin' game....."Bread and circuses". I have been a lifelong fan of the Cowboys because that was how me and my little brothers bonded with my dad. He worked his ass off to provide for us and it was Cowboys games that brought us together...win or lose and that was the one afternoon a week that we had with him. Great memories regardless of the outcome. The catch that Drew Pearson made was totally legit...he was facing the ball and positioning himself to catch it and he has as much right to the ball as the cornerback...there was no shove and it was no different than a basketball move where players position themselves to do a pick.. The ref that was hit with the whiskey bottle was hurled by a fan that was pissed at the outcome...totally classless move.

I salute the Packers and especially Aaron Rodgers ...they deserved to win that game and I was over the outcome five minutes after Crosby hit that field goal...it's just a game...a diversion and nothing more or less. I have things that are way more important to concern myself with (and so do you) than who wins a sporting event. It's all about priorities.and mine have little to nothing to do with sports. It's simply a way for me to decompress and connect after all the reading, research and writing I do to wake people up.

You're right on Pearson. it was late and Dal sort of surprised them. He fought of double coverage, both Vikings end up on ground and he ran it in. Probably one of the bigger old-time playoff winners. I don't hate the Cowboys, Staubach Landry Emmit they have had great runs. Remember how Landry had the O-line do some sort of up/down right before snap? May have invented the shovel pass?

I got to add, big change in NFL is 50+yd FG. Almost automatic, snap, hold ...... kick. They use to hardly try over 45yd outdoors. Now? 60yd inside dome is looking likely.

And "Jordan Rules" when the refs ignored the extra step and changing pivot-foot he got away with his entire career. As for the CowPies, the Jimmy and Jerry show was so arrogant and fraudulent, you knew they were headed for years of hard times and they got em. I'm a Lions fan but was a full-bore Packer rooter last night.

Forum List

Back