My homemade mask...

That looks pretty cool, I love to see DIY. I have an n95 that is worn out from working at my job, and I have removed the diaphragm inside of it so I can breathe straight outside air with no filtration at all. Looks like the real deal, but works like it isn't even there...

That's because it is NOT there?
Indeed, it is a decoy mask to satisfy those who need to see a mask. I keep it in my car in case I find myself in a situation where use of a mask is mandatory.

I might wear a mask if I can find a cool looking MAGA mask, but for now I'll keep the decoy standing by.

I do in fact appreciate the diy units that I am seeing. Cool stuff

So you have no problem getting the COV-19 or passing it along simply because you don't give a shit to wear a mask that actually works??
No, I do not give a shit, I just want to breathe straight air. I wear masks and respirators all day at work to protect myself from hazmat, so I don't want to wear anything when there is no hazmat.

Your "no hazmat" is possibly fatal to me. Thank you!

When I am taking my last gasp of air from my ventilator, I can find solace in the fact that you wouldn't bother taking proper precautions.
Why don't you wear protection if you are that vulnerable? N85 or p100 like OSHA recomends?

I do. What has that got with you being a jerk?

That looks pretty cool, I love to see DIY. I have an n95 that is worn out from working at my job, and I have removed the diaphragm inside of it so I can breathe straight outside air with no filtration at all. Looks like the real deal, but works like it isn't even there...

That's because it is NOT there?
Indeed, it is a decoy mask to satisfy those who need to see a mask. I keep it in my car in case I find myself in a situation where use of a mask is mandatory.

I might wear a mask if I can find a cool looking MAGA mask, but for now I'll keep the decoy standing by.

I do in fact appreciate the diy units that I am seeing. Cool stuff

So you have no problem getting the COV-19 or passing it along simply because you don't give a shit to wear a mask that actually works??
No, I do not give a shit, I just want to breathe straight air. I wear masks and respirators all day at work to protect myself from hazmat, so I don't want to wear anything when there is no hazmat.

Your "no hazmat" is possibly fatal to me. Thank you!

When I am taking my last gasp of air from my ventilator, I can find solace in the fact that you wouldn't bother taking proper precautions.
Why don't you wear protection if you are that vulnerable? N85 or p100 like OSHA recomends?

I do. What has that got with you being a jerk?
I am sorry, this was not my intent at all. I deeply appreciate seeing the diy masks in this thread, and I might consider wearing a diy mask if I saw some at a craft sale.

From all my training and experience working with hazmat, we are each responsible to use whatever protective gear is needed to protect ourselves. The only true way I know of to protect myself if I feel I need protection from a virus or other hazard is to assume that everybody is breathing hazmat into my space, and then use approved gear. Osha would probably fine employers if employees were spotted with diy masks, but I'd wear one out in town if I bought it at a craft show. I wouldn't expect it to do anything, but I'd sport true craftsmanship in a hearbeat.

I think you did a great job with it.

I have a couple of these and they can be a PITA, trying to breath & fogs up my glasses

View attachment 322780

Yes, mask + glasses = foggy annoyance.
Here's one solution:
wipers%2Badj%2B3.JPG

...if I can do it, you can do it.View attachment 322765View attachment 322766

The front is felt and the back is duck.

I whip stitched the top and bottom and backstitched the sides

Used this website for measurments and add an extra 1/2 inch each way...cuz I wasn't even going to attempt a 1/4 inch hem. I don't have any pins to hold it together.

If you could see the stitching up close it looks like straight shit...but it gets the job done.

I'll make a better one later...I don't do much cloth sewing by hand...mostly just saddlestitch leather...but practice makes perfect and it's a good skill to have. This one was quick and dirty.

If you make or have made your own masks, I'd love to see them.
Here's my mask:cool:

gimp-cover.jpg
:cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back