my mother has stage 5 alzheimer's...learn with me...

There's no accounting for the meanness. My mom did it to my sister who was her primary caretaker though the last stages of terminal cancer. Mom didn't even have the defense of dementia on her side, but my sister was selfish if she did anything for herself, if she was late getting to the hospital, if she arranged for the grandkids to check in on Mom while Sis got away for a weekend. I was the favored daughter, securely in another state where I could come only intermittently and didn't deal with it day in and day out. Yes, I felt guilty about that. Evenmoreso when Mom would tell older sister how much more I cared about her and how much better I would take care of her.

Then older Sis breaks a hip over Christmas, gets re-hooked on pain meds, and dishes out almost nonstop grief to her oldest daughter who was the one in Kentucky where Sis was visiting at the time. Sis is hell on wheels when she's under the influence of the pain meds--treated her younger daughters like dirt through earlier incidents--now those younger daughters were saints who truly loved her and older daughter was the wicked witch of the west who was inattentive, selfish, and didn't give a damn about her. Sis then feigns that she doesn't have any memory of all that. Maybe she doesn't. I don't know. But she sure doesn't relate any of it to how our Mom treated her.

You cope.

That doesn't make it any easier of course Bones. But maybe--I hope--it helps in a small way to know that others have been through something of what you're going through and do understand what you are feeling. And we aren't gonna tell you to hang tough either. It's impossible. Just hope that you will survive it. And this too shall pass.

o i took today off...son is going to see her....he times it right before mash....she likes to watch that...they either watch it together or he visits till it comes on....

ahh i can handle the mean...

the head games can be a hoot...she is a very independant person and this is like hell for her....her family tries to make me feel guilty that her room isnt all frigging cozy....well guess what..she resists anything...cause its more permanent feeling...and i am thinking...funny...none of you fuckers cared when she was eating spoiled food and living with bugs.....but o hell now she doesnt have proper curtians....fucking freak out!

o a funny thing....i got my mom a small flat screen and told her it came with the room...i tell her everything comes with the room...the two recliners..the tv blah blah blah....so yesterday...she looks at me....she always gives you the skunk eye cause she only sees out of one eye....and goes....

"did you buy this tv"

me all innocent....nah mom...it comes with the room

skunk eye mom "why arent the same tv's in all the rooms"?

i found a low vision center for her....that is the next doctor...

Hmm nice she is still there .

Do they make Ozzy Osbourne Prince of Darkness curtains? Remember to forget the Dove Bars Tuesday. You could sew a size tag two sizes bigger into her slacks. Most people learn to get on my bad side only once.

ahhh you cant do that....lol...i swear...you just got to get over the mean...when son got there...she showed him the beautiful flowers she had gotten from him...he is the golden one...i got the flowers he got the credit...but she was on her way to dinner....she told him he could wait or leave lol

she was pissed at aid for not going walking...hello it was pouring rain lol poor aid

I'm sweet as pie. Some folks just try to take advantage and find out there are two sides. lol

Can't do that, as in, nobody has tried yet or somebody did and so there's a rule now? I suppose black light velvet Elvis curtains are still within the rules. Go with that.

Last edited:
she has a blind....and lace curtains....she has no valance....i wont put a phone in her room...cause i dont want her calling me ever 5 minutes telling me she hates me etc...i can do without that...i havent heard from the traveling freak show since they left thursday.....and i so hope it remains that way....

today...i try to make appointments...one with an elder lawyer...i have a plan...lol...i want to put all the paperwork in place....for a guardianship...okay i want to avoid declaring my mom incompetent for as long as i can...but i want my mom protected from the insanity of her siblings...at all costs. so have it in place where i can just call and say do it....now is this possible...hell i dont know.

so today is a get stuff done day....

she has a blind....and lace curtains....she has no valance....i wont put a phone in her room...cause i dont want her calling me ever 5 minutes telling me she hates me etc...i can do without that...i havent heard from the traveling freak show since they left thursday.....and i so hope it remains that way....

today...i try to make appointments...one with an elder lawyer...i have a plan...lol...i want to put all the paperwork in place....for a guardianship...okay i want to avoid declaring my mom incompetent for as long as i can...but i want my mom protected from the insanity of her siblings...at all costs. so have it in place where i can just call and say do it....now is this possible...hell i dont know.

so today is a get stuff done day....

I'm sure your lawyer will be able to help you, but I think what you need is to have her sign "Power of Attorney" over to you...Been there, done that with the MIL.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/estate_planning/power_of_attorney.html

Last edited:
I was reading ahead today. Stage 6 means they sometimes layer their clothes. It means you might find her with her street clothes on under her pajamas. You get some personality changes too. In your case that might be a good thing, since treating you worse seems unlikely.

o i am seeing a lawyer monday....so far...i know that only myself and she can sign herself out....she isnt aware of that...and no if she could figure that out she would have...i think she knows she is being taken care of...and i think she may realize its not all a bad thing...she keeps asking to go home but she seems to be settling in....i do have a health care form of some type....if only i could find it....lawyer is faxing it up here....

alll i want to do is protect her from her siblings....i have already moved the liquid assests around and protected them...if i die suddenly my son will still have enough money to deal with things....he has access to the account.

Hmmm. You mean your mom is still able to legally call her own shots? Do you not worry that she'll figure that out and check herself out?

sure i worry...that is all i do is worry but as i said...i think she knows she is better off....sometimes...i really dont have a clue what she is aware of....she pretends she knows what is going on but you can tell she really doesnt....ie...the new shoes we purchased...well she has decided to keep them and wear her old ones....and the last time anyone could get her to shower was....drum roll please.....friday....and lets see its tuesday...

but today is a good day....she loves me..she said it when i left....

tomorrow....she may rip my head off

omg....so today begins with lawyers.....i am so fucked here.....but its the nice lawyer calling me...tells me there is a mistake..that he doesnt have any of the paperwork for my mom...i am at wits end...when he ask who witnessed the last will...i tell him...he tells me that is a lawyer .....o great this is just what i need another fucking lawyer...but i digress...i call this lawyer and talk to his aid...

we all got fucking aids now...in all fairness she is his legal asst.

so i tell her i need the paperwork on my mom ..give her my moms name....she puts me on hold...comes back and says...this so and so and i am puzzled i didnt give her my name....then she goes...do you want a copy of the durable power of attorney.....

i ask her to repeat what she has said...she repeats it....do you want a copy of the durable power of attorney...i have a total meltdown the old bitch didnt lie..she did one..and didnt give me a mother fucking copy of it...i guess it was her final fuck you....cause it has taken me nearly a month to find the 'right' lawyer...did i mention having quite a distain for lawyers....(sorry cw, ghook and jill )

then it occurs to me ..this could be a trick...so i ask...while you have it there...who does she appoint in all this...omg the answer was ...me, me, me.....

i have been given the laser sabre.....to back them fucking siblings off....

so now i dont need the new lawyer...at 250 bucks a fucking hour

omg....so today begins with lawyers.....i am so fucked here.....but its the nice lawyer calling me...tells me there is a mistake..that he doesnt have any of the paperwork for my mom...i am at wits end...when he ask who witnessed the last will...i tell him...he tells me that is a lawyer .....o great this is just what i need another fucking lawyer...but i digress...i call this lawyer and talk to his aid...

we all got fucking aids now...in all fairness she is his legal asst.

so i tell her i need the paperwork on my mom ..give her my moms name....she puts me on hold...comes back and says...this so and so and i am puzzled i didnt give her my name....then she goes...do you want a copy of the durable power of attorney.....

i ask her to repeat what she has said...she repeats it....do you want a copy of the durable power of attorney...i have a total meltdown the old bitch didnt lie..she did one..and didnt give me a mother fucking copy of it...i guess it was her final fuck you....cause it has taken me nearly a month to find the 'right' lawyer...did i mention having quite a disdain for lawyers....(sorry cw, ghook and jill )

then it occurs to me ..this could be a trick...so i ask...while you have it there...who does she appoint in all this...omg the answer was ...me, me, me.....

i have been given the laser sabre.....to back them fucking siblings off....

so now i dont need the new lawyer...at 250 bucks a fucking hour

That's great news, bones! :thup:

Wow Bones. Maybe she forgot to tell you. Or maybe she didn't. But at any rate, it looks like you now do have the power, no pun intended, and that has to be a huge relief.

i am walking in sunshine......now i dont have to fear them...i have the papers that make it all legal....amazing...took me 30 days...i keep thinking of that show...30 days...blah blah blah...but the last 30 days have been a whirlwind.

son had a good visit with her today....she didnt ask to go home...course i walk in and that changes....

but today has been a real good day....

one petty little voice wants to call the siblings and tell them to fuck off....mature voice is not allowing that

o save...i wasnt looking for ya....but yea i got the holy grail...the golden fleece....no one else can threaten to take my mom...her sister can kiss my fat ass....damn i keep hoping she will squeak and give me a reason to nuke her ass....cause that is what i am gonna do...any attempt to move her will be seen as kidnapping (hell i dont know if that legal or not but i am on a rant) they are shut down...o hell heres the phone what new hell will it be?

o the census wants me to work tomorrow....hello....and they want the cases all resolved and back to them by friday morning...well i cant do that right now....if they were binders in the areas i have worked maybe but not blowing rock...plus i got too much going on...its amazing how much time the littlest things are taking

Forum List

Back