My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

NFL is an addiction to many. Not sure many can totally quit it.
Then there are some that just like the game for the game and tune out the political stuff

Like everyone, people have a right to NOT do things. To say what they want.
But also, there are consequences, so, if you are willing to endure them, fine.

Just like committing crimes. You have a right to commit them. But you also have the consequence of going to jail.

>>Just like committing crimes. You have a right to commit them. But you also have the consequence of going to jail.<<

Hurrible analogy. You don't have a right to commit crimes.

I think you meant the players have a right to protest, but they have to accept the consequences and this time it's not going along with them.

This is why we should keep politics out of sports and business. Sometimes, the issues cross the line, but it's not the norm. Sports and politics do not mix. People like sports because it helps us forget the divisive politics, and it is a good that sports are the opiate of the masses.

Hurrible analogy. You don't
have a right to commit crimes.

I disagree. Ultimately, we do. In the end, we are all human beings on this planet. Flawed men and women set up the system over time, but that doesn't make it "right". If you are willing to suffer the consequences, you have a right to do whatever you want.

Whether it IS right, is a matter of opinion.

Major money producing industries will probably never suffer.
They will most likely be bailed out.
I'd love to see all major sports vanish. People should be doing more productive things with their time

Major money producing industries will probably never suffer.
They will most likely be bailed out.
I'd love to see all major sports vanish. People should be doing more productive things with their time

Like you do? Good grief. Lol. Go away.

I will if you will. :banana:

Why don't you tell us all how "productive" you are and how everything you do is productive first, you moron. Lol.

If meaningless stuff stopped being offered to people, they would be more productive.
That includes me too, yes.

Not sure, but there still are a lot of loss causers out there. But I will say, pointing out bad behavior is not a good excuse for your own.
The point was that I never see you pointing out the lost cause of the Confederate flag lovers, although you have ample opportunities, and will continue, to do so.

However, carry on.
You need to pay closer attention, I always call them out on their blatant BS. Again, posting diversion doesn't make your case.

Bad cop.... Nobody stands up for or behind a bad cop, but we do stand when innocent cops are gunned down because people seek vengence instead of justice. Let the justice system work, and if it don't then peacefully protest like they did on the Washington mall. No dam excuse in violence period.

But that's the problem. The system isn't holding the bad cops responsible.

Other than Slager, not a single bad cop has gone to jail yet.
The real problem is that you think you are judge and jury. You won't accept that the legal system works because it isn't the outcome you want. I'll bet you thought it worked just fine when OJ got off.

Per the NFL rulebook:

1. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country.
Why do you not respect the flag or our country. Our country is the people. There are other ways to show your discontent with the President. People take not standing up for the flag as an insult on the United States as a unit. It makes people feel that you don't want to be here or don't like the unit as a whole (not just the administration) - and there are a lot of people that worked hard to build the US that are still alive today. There are a lot of people young and old that have risked their lives for the United States.
I heard that they are planning on kneeling during the anthem at the Olympics. But the tax payers supports them. Everybody should write or Tweet to the President if any players or coaches that even tries to disrespect this country by kneeling,that they'll be automatically removed immediately. And be thrown out of the games. And the moment when that knee touches the ground, that they are to fund their own way back, and the motel room that they are in, payment stops as well. And their security guards are off the clock when their knee's touched down.
But they can go ahead , for endorsement fees and get paid to be other countries' cereal boxes, as long as it is not on ours and which other nations makes Americans looks like a damn fool on their commercials.And warn any manufacturers that if they have any of these traitors endorsing any of their products, that they will be boycotted. Hillary's peoples do not buy, but they only steals. And so manufacturers cannot make any money from thieves. Unless it is brain damaging drugs.

th
th
th
th

Federal Government Provides Significant Funding and Support
Olympic Games: Federal Government Provides Significant Funding and Support

U.S. soccer midfielder Megan Rapinoe kneels again for national anthem before friendly

The real problem is that you think you are judge and jury. You won't accept that the legal system works because it isn't the outcome you want. I'll bet you thought it worked just fine when OJ got off.

NO, I thought that was a travesty because the jury ignored evidence.

But in the case of these thug cops, we don't even let it get to a jury. The prosecutors and cops make sure it doesn't.

Not sure, but there still are a lot of loss causers out there. But I will say, pointing out bad behavior is not a good excuse for your own.
The point was that I never see you pointing out the lost cause of the Confederate flag lovers, although you have ample opportunities, and will continue, to do so.

However, carry on.
OK, I have given you one day to produce something about me not condemning the lost causers. I am pro-Union I support the Union side whenever the lost causers bring up their BS. You are disengenous by Implying I don't and without evidence.

But that isn't why I gave you one day, it is because I posted this verse of a song and YOU had ABSOLUTELY nothing to say bad about it. So there is not implication, you have revealed your self as someone who supports killing cops. Sad, really sad.

I'm a cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grieving,
(fuck 'em!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, ha ha.

For those who may not know these are lyrics from the rapper Tupac, who interestingly enough died at the hands of black on black crime.

Last edited:

However, carry on.
OK, I have given you one day to produce something about me not condemning the lost causers. I am pro-Union I support the Union side whenever the lost causers bring up their BS. You are disengenous by Implying I don't and without evidence.

But that isn't why I gave you one day, it is because I posted this verse of a song and YOU had ABSOLUTELY nothing to say bad about it. So there is not implication, you have revealed your self as someone who supports killing cops. Sad, really sad.

I'm a cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grieving,
(fuck 'em!)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even, ha ha.

For those who may not know these are lyrics from the rapper Tupac, who interestingly enough died at the hands of black on black crime.

Edit: I am not up on my gangster rap, this was actually icetea and Body Count. Doesn't affect the point I was making.

Gangsta Rap: Did Lyrics Inspire Killing of Police? : Pop music: Two teens awaiting trial in Milwaukee say Tupac Shakur's angry lyrics influenced them in the slaying of an officer.

Last edited:

Um, no, actually those lyrics are from Ice T, who now plays a cop on TV.

Cop Killer (song) - Wikipedia

So maybe you should get your facts straight before you mouth off.
Hmmm, I thought I did get it right, you know mistakes are often made. Sorry that unlike you I am not proficient in gangster cop hating rap. You can understand my confusion since Tupac was sued for his cop hating lyrics.

Who actually did the song was not the point of the posting, and you know it.

What I think happened is you didn't believe I posted true lyrics. So when you searched and found out I did you had to attack in another way. Pitiful.

Gangsta Rap: Did Lyrics Inspire Killing of Police? : Pop music: Two teens awaiting trial in Milwaukee say Tupac Shakur's angry lyrics influenced them in the slaying of an officer.

you probably meant to say "doesn't affect the point" however you are not a fan of facts or reason and logic so carry on... I bet all the flag honoring rubes:ack-1: never ever use the National anthem as a way to get one last beer before they sit down to watch the game ... How about we ban the sale of beer for five minutes :badgrin: during the anthem in order to properly honor the Flag ............

Forum List

Back